AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potential New Translator

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Nebulahime14 is on a distinguished road Nebulahime14's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2016 09:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Potential New Translator

Heyo~!

I'm Nebulahime14, which is the name I tend to go by on Japanese language learning sites or anything where I translate. I actually just took the Japanese translation test on here, so hopefully that comes back soon. In any case, I'm studying to take the N2 level of the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test), and if you don't know what that means already, that kind certifies me to do JPN->ENG translations.

I remembered this site had a lyrics section, and since the bulk of what I translate for friends and the like tends to be songs, I figured I'd head here after I took up my current project. There's a song from a game called "Okami" that I'm really in love with(check it out here, if you wanna hear it: ) , and I noticed a lot of people wanted to have an English translation. I couldn't find even one version in English, and that probably has to do with the song being written in Classical Japanese (which is a pain in the donkey to work with). I'm a little over halfway done with the English section, and I've got roumaji and kanji transliterations (I'll include kana too, if anyone wants it). So that's why I'm here, and I hope I'll be able to take on more projects as a result of being here.

Anyway, you didn't come here to hear about why I do what I do (probably).

Outside of working with Japanese, I play the piano and viola; I draw with an extremely manga-esque style; I compose music and try my hand at short stories (the former is better than the latter, in my case); and in my free time, I teach myself how to code. I've actually considered skipping college if it wouldn't hurt how much I get paid. Hey, I like financial stability.

Believe it or not, I don't watch too much anime, but that has more to do with time than anything else. Between school and language studies, I don't have a lot of it during the year. Summer tends to be when I can watch the most. So far I've seen all of Inuyasha, first season of Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, Parasyte, FMA (working on Brotherhood this summer if I don't get busy like last year), Antique Bakery (which was a LOT better than I thought it would be. A typically unreliable person recommended me this one), the first series of Bakugan, all of Pokemon, a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh, Your Lie in April, and SAO. I'm kind of embarrassingly mainstream when it comes to anime and the like, but I make up for it in other areas.

Last things I'll leave here are as follows: I tend to use incredibly polite and formal English in nearly every situation, so that makes me come off as rude or uppity to some people. I don't try to incite riots or rage; this is just an after-effect of being conditioned to use correct English over the span of my academic career. Also, please do not ask me to teach you Japanese. This is one that I cannot stress enough. I do not hold any desire to become a Japanese language teacher, nor do I want to gain any practice in doing so. However, if you'd like resources to educate yourself with, I'd be more than happy to drop over 100 links in your lap (seriously, that was the total number of pages I had saved in my JPN folder on my bookmark bar last I checked). I've done it before. Really, just respect yourself and respect me, and I think we'll all get along fine. That tends to be the golden rule anyway, doesn't it?

2. Likes mimiruchan liked this post
    Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Potential New Translator

I'm surprised no one has attempted to welcome you yet!

Well, anyway, WELCOME to AF. I hope you've enjoyed it so far ^^

I wish I could translate Japanese ^^; I've only taken one uni level beginner Japanese class =-= and that was roughly 6 years ago XD sigh...
    I can't wait to see more of your translated work! We need more people like you in the world haha.

You sound multi-talented in the creative department. I hope to see some of your art posted and literary work soon

Until then, have fun posting and good luck with your dreams of being a translator (a paid one hehe)

^^v

4. Thanks Nebulahime14 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the magnificent AF!!

Cool, I wanna' learn Japanese!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

6. Thanks Nebulahime14 thanked for this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon___Sommelier View Post
    Welcome to the magnificent AF!!

Cool, I wanna' learn Japanese!
    Thank you! ^-^ Feel free to pester me for resources if you want to teach yourself Japanese. I have more than I know what to do with. f^-^')

Quote Originally Posted by mimiruchan View Post
    I'm surprised no one has attempted to welcome you yet!

Well, anyway, WELCOME to AF. I hope you've enjoyed it so far ^^

I wish I could translate Japanese ^^; I've only taken one uni level beginner Japanese class =-= and that was roughly 6 years ago XD sigh...
    I can't wait to see more of your translated work! We need more people like you in the world haha.

You sound multi-talented in the creative department. I hope to see some of your art posted and literary work soon

Until then, have fun posting and good luck with your dreams of being a translator (a paid one hehe)

^^v
    Thank you for the warm welcome. ^w^ This seems like a really nice community, very different from previous I've belonged to, but that's not such a bad thing.

People do seem to be fairly impressed with the ability to translate, but it's a personal philosophy of mine that everyone should know at least one language besides their own. You just understand so much more when you're diverse in a variety of areas, and it really does make a difference in your life and overall way of thinking. For me at least, it's allowed for a wider, more open view of the world and a better sense of global belonging, instead of national belonging. We're all one race, and the sooner we stop dividing ourselves due to irrelevant differences, the better off we'll be as a people.

I don't have any other translation projects right now, but hopefully I'll be able to contribute more to the community in the way of art, literature, music, and lingual connection soon though. I'll probably pick up translation requests that people post as they come in simply because that seems like it'll be easier, and hey, if I find something cool, I'll try to make sure everyone here can enjoy it too. I just don't know how often that will be, seeing as how second semester tends to try to kill me f^-^')

Anyway, I hope to see you around, and feel free to pester me for resources if you're interested in self-learning Japanese. I seriously have more than I know what to do with. (Just don't let me rant about why I don't like classroom language learning; that's a subject that gets me real fired up and people can't get me to shut up. It doesn't even make me that mad; I just like arguing about it for some reason XD)

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Hello and Welcome to AF!!!

It's awesome that you're a translator! I thought about doing it here but I haven't gotten the opportunity to speak Japanese since my high school years when I visited family. If you have questions about the site or just want to chat, feel free to leave me a comment on my profile and I'll be sure to reply right away!

Hope you enjoy your time here and make lots of new friends!
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

9. Thanks Nebulahime14 thanked for this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    Hello and Welcome to AF!!!

It's awesome that you're a translator! I thought about doing it here but I haven't gotten the opportunity to speak Japanese since my high school years when I visited family. If you have questions about the site or just want to chat, feel free to leave me a comment on my profile and I'll be sure to reply right away!

Hope you enjoy your time here and make lots of new friends!
    Hi there! Thank you for the warm welcome also. ^w^

I might have to take you up on your offer to ask questions, although this is a pretty straight-forward place. No hidden secrets or anything as far as I can tell. >w< I've been to a couple places that have hidden chat rooms and lounges that end up starting stuff between members, but there doesn't seem to be too much of that here if any, so that's always good.

Anyway, it's kind of rare to find people who have family that speak Japanese. I think that's really cool too ;o; Where I live in the US, I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who has some kind of foreign lineage and still speaks their mother tongue, even if it is fragmented. The only kids I know of are the two sons of Chinese immigrants I go to school with. I don't get a chance to interact with the other a whole lot, but there's one kid who loves to mess with me since Japanese and Chinese are somewhat related. His other favorite thing to do is yell at kids in Chinese. I don't speak a lick of that language, but it's entertaining all the same. (We've both been known to use our second languages as various usernames while playing education games during class >v<)

Sometimes I just ramble about things. I really just like languages and cultures that differ from my own. We're doing a symphony written by Gary Gackstatter in Orchestra right now, and it's all based on his recent travels to the Chaco Canyon and the interactions he had with the local people and culture. This stuff just grabs my attention so much too ;o; I have a great part throughout the piece (I play viola in class) and it's just beautiful. There might be recordings of it online somewhere, but I wouldn't be too sure since it's a pretty new piece, and most of the stuff we play in class tends to be pretty obscure. f^-^')

11. Likes Holocast liked this post
    <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

@Nebulahime14 Yeah I have some relatives that live there. I used to go visit during summers in high school. I don't do it as often now, so I haven't had much opportunity to speak it lol not many Japanese-speaking people in Louisiana xD I do need to brush up on it more often though, since I don't want to just forget everything. That would be lame lol

Oh! You play viola? That's pretty awesome. I've been playing cello for the past decade almost. I used to be in a volunteer orchestra and everything xD it was really nice. I'm trying to learn piano now but @@ my coordination isn't too great lol
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Hello there! I'm Red, one of the moderators of the Introduction forum. I hope you will enjoy your time here.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    @Nebulahime14 Yeah I have some relatives that live there. I used to go visit during summers in high school. I don't do it as often now, so I haven't had much opportunity to speak it lol not many Japanese-speaking people in Louisiana xD I do need to brush up on it more often though, since I don't want to just forget everything. That would be lame lol

Oh! You play viola? That's pretty awesome. I've been playing cello for the past decade almost. I used to be in a volunteer orchestra and everything xD it was really nice. I'm trying to learn piano now but @@ my coordination isn't too great lol
    It's hard to find native speakers and even just learners in the middle of the Midwest too. >~<

Yeah, I've been playing viola for almost 8 years now, and I'm still affiliated with our school orchestra. I really love being in that group too. We get to work with a fairly well-known local composer every year and right now we're working on one of his symphonies and Kansas' Dust in the Wind. It's funny how I've known Kansas' music all my life and now I get to play it. I even have a solo at one part!

Piano is my other baby right now, and I actually teach younger kids who are at lower levels or complete beginners. It's really been a fun experience too. One of my students wrote a song for me last time! This is hardly even his 5th lesson too! >w< Just so cute (/)w(\)

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Red*~ View Post
    Hello there! I'm Red, one of the moderators of the Introduction forum. I hope you will enjoy your time here.
    Oh hey! I've seen your name before! Thank you for the warm welcome. Always nice to see staff taking care of the forum family. I hope to see you around. ^-^

15. Likes Holocast liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information