AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [GUIDE] How to get Katawa Shoujo on your phone!

Junior Member Venom Snake is on a distinguished road Venom Snake's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2016 07:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: [GUIDE] How to get Katawa Shoujo on your phone!

I downloaded the obb file, but a zip folder filled with the game assets and no obb file came in. If it has changed, WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

never mind, got the version 5.

NOTE TO EVERYONE- Some mobiles do not only need the obb file in external (for mine, I sent to external and said some error. But the internal worked)
    Last edited by Venom Snake; 04-19-2016 at 06:47 AM.

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Snake View Post
    I downloaded the obb file, but a zip folder filled with the game assets and no obb file came in. If it has changed, WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

never mind, got the version 5.

NOTE TO EVERYONE- Some mobiles do not only need the obb file in external (for mine, I sent to external and said some error. But the internal worked)
    You should NOT need two copies of the obb file. the game only calls for one.
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

Junior Member inet123 is on a distinguished road inet123's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2016 03:47 AM
    Threads

Thank you.

However, I don't understand how I'm supposed to invoke the game menu when playing in my Galaxy Note 4. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ranshiin; 05-24-2016 at 04:12 AM. Reason: No advertising.

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If your device has multiple "buttons" (ie back, menu, etc) try them. one of them should make the menu appear. unfortunately some devices cant open the menu
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

Junior Member postbank is on a distinguished road postbank's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2016 04:25 PM
    Threads

The above message helped me in trying out things but it didnt really help if i didnt think of one move.
    I got samsung galaxy s7 the button i used to get to the menu was really not something a person would think off.
    U got 6 buttons in total on the phone the back button u can use to scroll back up the text by 1 click each time u press that button.
    If u hold this button long enough the menu will pop up but u will go back 1 sentence at least as it triggers the scroll up at the same time once.

just to be sure people understand the back button is the right button from the middle -.-

Junior Member Takii is on a distinguished road Takii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2016 10:17 PM
    Threads

Do you have any link to download for .obb of If my heart had wings??

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Do you have a link to download the .obb file for If my heart had wings??

Junior Member kookachu is on a distinguished road kookachu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2017 08:16 AM
    Threads

Hey whenever I click the link, I go to devhost (obviously) but, try as I might, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to download the actual files without being redirected. please send help, I'd rather play KS then listen to lectures

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Takii View Post
    Do you have any link to download for .obb of If my heart had wings??

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Do you have a link to download the .obb file for If my heart had wings??
    IMHHW is free on android so no need.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kookachu View Post
    Hey whenever I click the link, I go to devhost (obviously) but, try as I might, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to download the actual files without being redirected. please send help, I'd rather play KS then listen to lectures
    Click the big blue DOWNLOAD NOW button.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by postbank View Post
    The above message helped me in trying out things but it didnt really help if i didnt think of one move.
    I got samsung galaxy s7 the button i used to get to the menu was really not something a person would think off.
    U got 6 buttons in total on the phone the back button u can use to scroll back up the text by 1 click each time u press that button.
    If u hold this button long enough the menu will pop up but u will go back 1 sentence at least as it triggers the scroll up at the same time once.

just to be sure people understand the back button is the right button from the middle -.-
    Again it really depends on the phone. if some control isnt working then I dont know how to help you. I didnt program the game and I only have an S5 \

Junior Member Heart Plus Up is on a distinguished road Heart Plus Up's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2017 06:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Solomore View Post
    This is a common problem due to the phone or tablets button setup. Unfortunately for some phones there is simply no button to access the menu directly.
    Unfortunately the author of the port hasn't released any fixes for this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I'm using Remix OS on a PC x86 it works well and uses android. I was able to install KS & everything worked fine but what suprised me is if you hit the menu key (In between the windows and ctrl key) you can bring up the menu. also it crashes on emis route & says 1% complete if you have any idea to avoid this issuse or fix it please tell me. The tab key will change the games speed and the "s" key changes speed. skip mode doesn't work oddly but everything else is fine.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Never heard of a Remix OS, and ive never had that issue on my android devices.

Junior Member oyzar is on a distinguished road oyzar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 02:04 PM
    Threads

I keep getting "Unfortunately, Katawa Shoujo has stopped". I'm trying to get it to work on an Samsung S7 Edge. First I copy both files to the "Downloads" folder then I install the APK by selecting it from the included file manager (I've also tried to use APK Installer). Then I try create the folder /Android/obb/vn.katawashoujo/ and put the downloaded .obb file in it. Finally I try to launch the game which produces said error message. Any idea what I have been doing wrong or how to troubleshoot?

Edit: Looks like my issue was that the download of the obb file was interrupted...
    Last edited by oyzar; 01-31-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Junior Member 4518 is on a distinguished road 4518's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2017 09:11 AM
    Threads

I cannot download any files from dev-host, the download link times out every single time from all the devices i tried. Can anyone reupload the files on a different hosting service, such as MEGA?

Junior Member ALexus1907 is on a distinguished road ALexus1907's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2017 11:46 AM
    Threads

The archive is corrupted. I can't open it.

Junior Member AndroidGamer is on a distinguished road AndroidGamer's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 01:26 PM
    Threads

This tutorial for Katawa looks great. I am gonna try on my Android phone tonight

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I guess I forgot to post an update; but I moved the dl link to my personal google drive. much easier and hassle free.

Junior Member Matt2097 is on a distinguished road Matt2097's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2017 11:20 AM
    Threads

Hmm... the app crashes every time I try to run it... error message starts:
    "java.lang.IllegalArguementException: com.google.android.vending.licencing.util.Base64De coderException: Bad Base64 input character at 6: 95(decimal)"

Any ideas:

Running on a Xiomi Redmi Note 4
    Last edited by Matt2097; 11-25-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2097 View Post
    Hmm... the app crashes every time I try to run it... error message starts:
    "java.lang.IllegalArguementException: com.google.android.vending.licencing.util.Base64De coderException: Bad Base64 input character at 6: 95(decimal)"

Any ideas:

Running on a Xiomi Redmi Note 4
    Unfortunately Im not a developer, as I only posted the guide for easier reading; however I did some searching and my best guess is an incompatability with your phone's OS since from what I found, only very few devices run into any issues related to this string. Only thing I can recommend is for you to check for system updates and do a clean install, then checking to see if any background programs like antiviruses could be causing some issues. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

EDIT/UPDATE: Reddit User OrionRBR has posted on his newly released experimental build, which allows for more phones to have access to the menu by binding the back key to the menu key, allowing phones without a menu button quick access to saves, loads, options, etc. Please read about it here. https://www.reddit.com/r/katawashouj...working_on_70/

EDIT/UPDATE: go to Settings → Accessibility → Dexterity and Interaction → turn on the Assistant Menu. This will add a floating button to the screen that you can press to reveal a menu containing the old Menu button. This allows for the in-game menu without the android menu key!

Junior Member Matt2097 is on a distinguished road Matt2097's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2017 11:20 AM
    Threads

No problem... I'll give it a try on my old phone.

Thanks for responding :-)

19. Thanks Sustainna thanked for this post
    Likes Sustainna liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information