AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rin-Ne

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Rin-Ne

So I hear Rumiko Takjahashi's got a Shinigami series. What can you tell me about Rin Ne? Is it any good?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-08-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

2. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Rin-Ne

I have no idea what this is about. It seems to be a bit along the lines of Okka's Inn or Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day. I hope the official dub is better than this sorry fan dub.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There is no dub. Only subtitles. Sentai released it.

In any case I bought the sucker and it's good., basically our main hero is the grandson of a Shinigami who was living with his grandfather and grandmother until the old man died and she had to go back to the spirit world. His grandparents met when she came to reap his soul and fell in love and then made a deal that she would reap 10Xs the number of souls (reapers earn money based on how many people they reap). Unfortunately she was way to busy with her husband to actually do the work and when he died she was required to return to the spirit realm, meaning her debt falls on her children and her children's children.
    Turns out her son became a reaper and owns his own company, but it turns out they're lazy jerks who meet their quotas by luring living people into the spirit realm rather than hunting down ghosts and dangerous spirits.
    Rin-ne is a bit more responsible, but with his grandfather's sudden death he's also dead broke to the point that to eat half the time his scythe is in the pawn shop and he'd do anything for about five bucks. So he sets up a sort of wishing shrine for people to offer him offerings of food and money in exchange for his help. (He can be a normal human or take on spirit form).
    The girl wandered into the spirit realm and got fed a piece of their candy so she can see spirits and that includes Rinne when he's in reaper mode. She helps him out even though he owes her some money he obviously does not intend to pay back. plus the two like each other in that Takahashi way.
    This being Rumiko's work they both have other people who have stalkery crushes on them, demons after them both, random weirdos, and mischievous friends/family who just like messing with them among other things.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-08-2021 at 04:54 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So has anyone else watched this show?

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 12:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    So has anyone else watched this show?
    One day. Takahashi is one of my fave mangaka.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by =Digimon_Sommelier= View Post
    One day. Takahashi is one of my fave mangaka.
    That in no way answered my question.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

I would say, it does have good stuff and bad stuff. I really can't stand the MC girl. It will take you just a few episodes to notice how expressionless she is. Aside of that, Rin-ne sense of humor is quite good. Recommended to take a look at it! But keep in mind that it is more of a comedy than a serious one. At least in my opinion.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Note: Don't get him confused with the main character in the "Hells" anime movie.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information