AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Nostalgia

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

Default Cartoon Nostalgia

What are some cartoons that you remember watching as a kid or teen and wish they would bring back?

For me, it would be Rugrats. That show was awesome and was pretty much the foundation of my childhood. I could have done without the movies and the spin off to be honest. Plus Rugrats had some pretty grown up sentimental moments. Like when Chaz finally decided to share with Chuckie about why he didn't have a mom and the poem she left for him. Oh my god, heartbreaking. Plus it had some pretty killer catchphrases. Peach of Cake Personally, I think the spin off "All Grown Up" killed the franchise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	babies.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	86266

Junior Member Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect has a brilliant future Asdrubael Vect's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2018 05:49 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Cartoon Nostalgia

Without a doubt, Bots Master. For a children show, it had an amazingly good plot, characters, and many times some pretty serious connotations. It was marketed towards youth but realistically was for teens. Some of the things that were blurry for the kids show aspect were plans to assassinate various foreign leaders (in one episode the bad guys actually try to by detonating a bomb on a plane and framing the main character), having one of the female villains seduce a wealthy banker to freeze the main characters assets, kidnapping the presidents daughter and making a deal with a top mafia leader to "get rid of her afterwards" and last but not least destroying a building filled with children on a tour of their company (the bad guys are part of the worlds biggest company called RM Corp) and of course, framing the main character.

Also the intro is frelling awesome .... and pretty sure my first crush was on the female villain .. and the interesting twist how it was strongly implied that her and the main character were somehow romantically involved before his defection.

Didn't see that stuff in kids shows back then. Hell, don't seem to see them now either

Don't know why it won't FF to the timestamp but specifically the scene at 3:10 I always liked
    Last edited by Asdrubael Vect; 07-09-2018 at 12:33 AM.

3. Likes Nephthys liked this post
    Junior Member mrmartin is on a distinguished road mrmartin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2018 05:34 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthys View Post
    What are some cartoons that you remember watching as a kid or teen and wish they would bring back?

For me, it would be Rugrats. That show was awesome and was pretty much the foundation of my childhood. I could have done without the movies and the spin off to be honest. Plus Rugrats had some pretty grown up sentimental moments. Like when Chaz finally decided to share with Chuckie about why he didn't have a mom and the poem she left for him. Oh my god, heartbreaking. Plus it had some pretty killer catchphrases. Peach of Cake Personally, I think the spin off "All Grown Up" killed the franchise.

Attachment 86266
    so niceeeee

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Hm... mostly a lot of Nicktoons really, but the first cartoon I really ever saw was one of the classic Tom and Jerry shorts, and the first cartoon I really watched solidly in the US was Ninja Turtles.

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    the first cartoon I really watched solidly in the US was Ninja Turtles.
    Definitely this. I tried watching some of the newer ones and just can't get into them. I think how they look plays a pretty big part of it.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Dino-Riders... Come on, futurist people travel through time and put laser weapons on Dinosaurs to fight each other with. HOW has this not been re-booted by Michael Bay yet?!
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

8. Likes Lost247365 liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Dino-Riders... Come on, futurist people travel through time and put laser weapons on Dinosaurs to fight each other with. HOW has this not been re-booted by Michael Bay yet?!
    WARNING!
    This film has been directed by Michael Bay.
    Severe intellectual decay may result from viewing.

Ever see his joke of a film, Pearl Harbor? If not, you are lucky. I can explain why, if you think you can stand it.

Jarry Park, Montreal

10. Likes Lost247365, DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

I know they weren't cartoons but I really really liked the cheesy 90's Ninja turtles movies. I could watch those all day.

12. Likes Immoral, DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthys View Post
    I know they weren't cartoons but I really really liked the cheesy 90's Ninja turtles movies. I could watch those all day.
    The first one was really good and close to the original comic, while the sequel was decent and similar to the '80s cartoon. Turtles 3 was... interesting... Classic yes, but good or bad depends on how you remember it I think. It was still better than the TV show that Fox Kids had, though. Having a 5th turtle was fun idea, a sister to the brothers made it interesting, but the writing and acting was so bad that nothing could be saved...
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

14. Likes Immoral, Nephthys liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

You guys are amateurs. You should have been around for the eighties and nineties. We used to have Cartoons every morning, every afternoon, all day on Saturday and even on Sundays. And that was before cable.

Now people don't know who Popeye is let alone Woody Woodpecker, think Beetlejuice was just a movie, and don't even notice when they ruin an 80's cartoon to make modern movies.

This may be my favorite scene ever...

This ain't bad either

Last edited by Clayton_n; 03-14-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

16. Likes Lost247365 liked this post
    Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Why did I never post in this thread? :o

A few years ago I watched Rocko's Modern Life as an adult and... .... I just think it's super funny, I was raised in a really strict house. There were Disney and Nick shows (NOT just Ren and Stimpy) that I wasn't allowed to watch, but Rocko was FINE. I cannot believe some of the humor that it had. - And I love it, it just feels more like a show that should have been on Adult Swim VS Nickelodeon.

They are making a reboot movie, but it keeps getting delayed. But last I heard, the creator said "There's a reason - and it's good!" - I'm hoping that means its because the series is getting rebooted.

Here's a banned scene - but one they PUT ON VHS before it was banned....

(Slightly/NSFW)

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I never really got into it. I watched David the Gnome and Ah! Real monsters!
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

19. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Ah! Real monsters!
    Oh man I forgot about that show!

Also, let's bring back Pinky and the Brain (I never realized how twisted that show actually is!) and Animaniacs.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, animaniacs. Back in the days when Spielburg made cartoons and they were good. Road Rovers, Hysteria!, Tiny Toon Adventures, Freakazoid...

22. Likes Lost247365 liked this post
    Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

What's your avatar from @Clayton_n ?

It looks like Duck Tales but I'm sure it's not. I guess I could look it up but then we wouldn't get to talk about it.

Anyone remember Mighty Ducks? I think it's Mighty Ducks anyway. Hockey duck show?

Oooh! And Street Sharks! Terribly radical show duuudes.

And now I'm also remembering Rocket Power* or whatever it was called on Nickelodeon.
    Last edited by Tycke; 03-20-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tycke View Post
    What's your avatar from @Clayton_n ?

It looks like Duck Tales but I'm sure it's not. I guess I could look it up but then we wouldn't get to talk about it.

Anyone remember Mighty Ducks? I think it's Mighty Ducks anyway. Hockey duck show?

Oooh! And Street Sharks! Terribly radical show duuudes.

And now I'm also remembering Rocket Power* or whatever it was called on Nickelodeon.

It's Darkwing Duck. Really great show, big part of my childhood.

25. Thanks Tycke thanked for this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 12:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dexter's Laboratory, which they need to turn into a film in the 2080's.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually it's NEGADUCK. Darkwing's evil twin.

28. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Actually it's NEGADUCK. Darkwing's evil twin.

Oops, sorry ^^. I used to love DW but the only villains I really remember are Megavolt and Quackerjack.

Senior Member Kagakoko will become famous soon enough Kagakoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Cheeseburger Scorpio Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2021 09:36 AM
    Threads

Rainbow brite,she-ra ,transformer

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I believe they brought back Ducktales... and Animaniacs... what else? Oh yeah. She-ra!

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-01-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

> Samurai Pizza Cats: I remember watching this show for the first time and the visuals blowing me away because back then I was an anime virgin and used to watching relatively goofy looking western cartoons--though to be fair this show looks kinda goofy by modern anime standards. As with all anime shown on TV in my country, this show was English dubbed, but that wasn't a bad thing since the voice acting here was pretty good for the time and the characters were rendered quite likeable with distinct personalities. Also, as a kid I didn't know any better. Anyway, don't be fooled by this show's cutesy demeanour. If you like lots of fourth wall puns and some cleverly disguised grown up humour this'll be right up your alley! Indeed if you go back and watch this show you might find jokes in there that went right over you as a kid.

"...and of course, the Samurai Pizza Cats Pizza Parlour, where you'll find the bravest heroes on Earth--the customers!"

> Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog: Purely for the nostalgia really as I doubt I'll enjoy this show as much as I did when I was a kid and Sonic could do no wrong. I'll probably watch a handful of episodes, cringe, and then never watch it again
    (yeah right).

> Ox Tales: For that awesome opening theme tune if nothing else, and the silly, carefree nature of the show. Also, I didn't know this show was originally an anime until today, but you wouldn't know it looking at those western-style visuals.

Last edited by .:neuko:.; 06-10-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

MIB the cartoon

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

^ I prefer the movies.

Although the new MIB movie did get some bad reviews. Without Tommy Lee Jones or Will Smith, I was not going to see it anyway.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually it was awesome. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Anyway they keep bringing back old cartoons in new forms. How do you stay nostalgic?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-19-2019 at 05:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information