AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you religious?

Senior Member sirius707 can only hope to improve sirius707's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2023 04:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Are you religious?

are you religious, spiritual, non-believer?

what's your stance on religion?

I used to be a Muslim but I left islam a long time ago. I do believe in god but I don't subscribe to any religion.

Junior Member Pharaoh is on a distinguished road Pharaoh's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2021 02:03 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Are you religious?

Horus is my god

3. Likes sirius707 liked this post
    Member Kay_Bur is on a distinguished road Kay_Bur's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2021 04:32 AM
    Threads

I am not a believer, although I believed in my childhood. But then somehow the faith passed and I can't find an explanation for this. I am calm about believing people. I mean truly believers and obeying the laws of their faith. But I do not feel positive emotions in relation to the hypocrites who went to pray, received absolution and immediately began to behave like the last bastards again. This is no longer faith, this is hypocrisy. I don't want to be one of those.

5. Likes sirius707 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

I'm extremely religious and worship Tiamat, mother of all gods and monsters.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-02-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

7. Likes sirius707 liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am a Christian. I believe in the Lord.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

9. Likes sirius707 liked this post
    🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Nope. Not at all.

I fully believe religion exists for one of three reasons:

1. A way for ancient peoples to explain things that could not be scientifically proven at the time.

2. A way to subjugate and control, often with the use of fear (example, believe in this specific god or suffer eternally).

3. Tax evasion.

It's an outdated concept that holds far too much power in people's lives that is often weaponized and used as a reason to oppress various groups of people. They're basically legal cults.
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 04-01-2021 at 02:46 AM.

My mood on a daily basis

11. Thanks vrarsenal thanked for this post
    Likes sirius707, mimiruchan liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier< View Post
    I am a Christian. I believe in the Lord.
    I stopped being a Christian. Not because I don't believe your god exists, I just got tired of them telling lies (work your way up from Jesus's birthday and the similarities between Odin being hung on the world Tree and the Crucifixion) and found better ones.

In my experience the Christian guy just liked messing with people. Job (Satan and i have a bet). Abraham (No, really put the knife down. I was just kidding!). Adam and Eve (no sense of right or wrong? Well whatever you do don't eat from THIS TREE RIGHT HERE while I'm conveniently absent!). Lucifer (no really, you're my favorite.). Joseph Smith & Moses (No really cross this desert. Land of milk and honey You're protected under divine law, I swear! Nothing bad will happen to you ever again.) Oh and he once mooned Moses when Moses asked to see his face. True story.

Plus that whole "one god" BS. It says in the bible there are other gods, not just false gods. Yahweh has an ex wife for crying out loud (Shekhina) as does Adam (lilith).

As for the religion itself, I'm not sure all of that is really their god's fault or if his followers are just intolerant or stupid or what. I mean giving Jesus (his real name's Joshua by the way) your sins instead of, I don't know, owning up to them? Yeah, that'll turn out well. Plus that whole "dark skinned people are cursed by god" (you know because living on 5 out of six continents and having melanin in hotter climates than the snowy wastes the white folks come from doesn't show favoritism... or the gay thing where somehow god makes everything and can wipe out anyone he doesn't like with a thought or at least some angels yet, gay people don't qualify?

The best Christian variant i found was Hermeticism. Hermes the Thrice blessed seemed sensible at least. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermet...%20god%20Thoth).

The Christian afterlife isn't really that appealing either. In most religions you reincarnate until you get it right and then become a god. I did a lot of studying and white religions liek taoism and Shinto have their points, the best i could find was the first, Ancient Babylonian. So first come first served.

https://www.ancient.eu/article/225/e...creation---fu/

https://yale.imodules.com/s/1667/ima...998f6d25a&cc=1

Doesn't hurt that it predates Christianity and even Judaism by a few thousand years.

I've actually seen the Easter Bunny though...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-02-2021 at 06:44 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

13. Likes sirius707 liked this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In my experience the Christian guy just liked messing with people. Job (Satan and i have a bet). Abraham (No, really put the knife down. I was just kidding!). Adam and Eve (no sense of right or wrong? Well whatever you do don't eat from THIS TREE RIGHT HERE while I'm conveniently absent!). Lucifer (no really, you're my favorite.). Joseph Smith & Moses (No really cross this desert. Land of milk and honey You're protected under divine law, I swear! Nothing bad will happen to you ever again.) Oh and he once mooned Moses when Moses asked to see his face. True story.
    what you said rings true of Islam as well, they have literally the same stories. the main trouble in my opinion is with old testament and especially the Torah. folk tales written by defeated people in which they have imaginary victories and land. fast forward 2000 years later and more than 4 billion people believe this.

and the point you mentioned about Yahweh not being the only god is extremely relevant. it's stated in the ten commandments, you shall not take other gods. debunks the whole myth about Abrahamic faith being the first monotheism.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Meh. I like the sound of going to Heaven for all eternity when I pass away better. It's a very positive thing, just from my perspective.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

16. Likes sirius707 liked this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    Nope. Not at all.
    3. Tax evasion.

indeed. it's also a way to actually make money.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier< View Post
    Meh. I like the sound of going to Heaven for all eternity when I pass away better. It's a very positive thing, just from my perspective.
    “I mean, d'you know what eternity is? There's this big mountain, see, a mile high, at the end of the universe, and once every thousand years there's this little bird-"
    -"What little bird?" said Aziraphale suspiciously.
    -"This little bird I'm talking about. And every thousand years-"
    -"The same bird every thousand years?"
    -Crowley hesitated. "Yeah," he said.
    -"Bloody ancient bird, then."
    -"Okay. And every thousand years this bird flies-"
    -"-limps-"
    -"-flies all the way to this mountain and sharpens its beak-"
    -"Hold on. You can't do that. Between here and the end of the universe there's loads of-" The angel waved a hand expansively, if a little unsteadily. "Loads of buggerall, dear boy."
    -"But it gets there anyway," Crowley persevered.
    -"How?"
    -"It doesn't matter!"
    -"It could use a space ship," said the angel.
    Crowley subsided a bit. "Yeah," he said. "If you like. Anyway, this bird-"
    -"Only it is the end of the universe we're talking about," said Aziraphale. "So it'd have to be one of those space ships where your descendants are the ones who get out at the other end. You have to tell your descendants, you say, When you get to the Mountain, you've got to-" He hesitated. "What have
    they got to do?"
    -"Sharpen its beak on the mountain," said Crowley. "And then it flies back-"
    -"-in the space ship-"
    -"And after a thousand years it goes and does it all again," said Crowley quickly.

There was a moment of drunken silence.

-"Seems a lot of effort just to sharpen a beak," mused Aziraphale.
    -"Listen," said Crowley urgently, "the point is that when the bird has worn the mountain down to nothing, right, then-"

Aziraphale opened his mouth. Crowley just knew he was going to make some point about the relative hardness of birds' beaks and granite mountains, and plunged on quickly.

-"-then you still won't have finished watching The Sound of Music."

Aziraphale froze.

-"And you'll enjoy it," Crowley said relentlessly. "You really will."
    -"My dear boy-"
    -"You won't have a choice."
    -"Listen-"
    -"Heaven has no taste."
    -"Now-"
    -"And not one single sushi restaurant."

A look of pain crossed the angel's suddenly very serious face.”

― Neil Gaiman, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

indeed. it's also a way to actually make money.
    To be fair in japanese Hell they accept bribes and offerings from the living to get people through Hell faster often with less severe punishments. How your friends and family want you treated after you're gone does kind of show how good of a person you were. lots og others too. it's where the Day of the Dead and Halloween got started

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-08-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Junior Member erwinthedevil is on a distinguished road erwinthedevil's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:29 AM
    Threads

Yes I am religious. I am muslim from Indonesia. Nice to meet You All.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In most religions you keep reincarnating until you either earn a place as a god or the gods make you one for being interesting. Then you get into the good afterlife.

Piss them off and... well look up Tantalus sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier\ View Post
    Then you should be a satanist. If you screw up you go to heaven.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-21-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Junior Member shiroikitsune218 is on a distinguished road shiroikitsune218's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2023 01:50 PM
    Threads

Ancient Shinto is my religion. Meaning that I only believe in the original Shinto and I don't believe in Buddhism.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information