AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GUNDAM (TV Series)

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default GUNDAM (TV Series)

Okay, so I've watched all the episodes of GUNDAM Wing and had the time of my life, but I want to open this discussion with other users about the GUNDAM series overall, asking questions like "Which GUNDAM anime/OVA is the best?" and "Which anime did you watch, and how do you feel about it?" In other words: stuff like that.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

2. Likes Dunn x Dolo liked this post
    Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Black Beauty LesPauls AK47
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2019 09:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Teru_Murasame Steam ID: The_Human_Panzer

Default Re: GUNDAM (TV Series)

Gundam Wing is my favorite out of the franchise, with 08th MS Team and Gundam 00 being my second and third. As a whole, the franchise was the first that really made me sit down and follow the story rather than watch purely for the action (although don't get me wrong, the battles and duels are awesome). Every single character had three dimensions and were all uniquely flawed, the suit designs were creative, and the battles held a lot of weight to them (no pun intended).

Where I felt the franchise dropped the ball was SEED and SEED Destiny. They tried to take the same writing approach and water it down to that of a high-school soap opera. Those two shows were literally "Degrassi" with mobile suits. The characters were horribly unlikable, their motivations were a truckload of "WTF, seriously" (not so much in SEED as opposed to SEED Destiny- i.e. when Athrun got dumped and Atha went to that sleazy purple-haired cuck, like really?), and the battles were BOOOOOOOORING!!!! I did like the Strike Gundam concept where the mobile suit became a modular weapons platform and outfitted to suit the needs of a particular mission. However, as soon as friggin' Freedom Gundam made its debut, grozit went downhill REAL FAST! Every battle soon devolved into Kira pushing the "More Dakka" button, and Freedom Gundam jizzed in a fireworks display of laser fire destroying frelling everything. God forbid we get a decent friggin' beam saber throwdown like "Gundam Wing" or the o.g. "Mobile Suit Gundam".

Thankfully, "Gundam 00" and "Gundam Unicorn" washed the bad taste out of my mouth and I could enjoy it again- mature themes and all.

I only watched the first few episodes of "Gundam AGE" before perpetually shunning the series altogether. I liked the concept of multiple generations and story arcs, but the creators decided to borrow from the "Gundam SEED" school of writing and character development. To think they were doing so well...

4. Likes Dunn x Dolo liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

GUNDAM Wing is my favorite too, though, I must admit that I haven't watched the other series. I have heard of them, though, but Wing stays in my heart as my favorite. And I must also admit that the GW movie Endless Waltz was a weird movie, what, with Treize Kushranata's baby daughter being the villain. Plus *spoiler* leading me to be like *wtf* If you watch the film you'll see why I feel that way. Nevertheless, a great and classic series, second to Digimon, in my personal opinion.

Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I know exactly what you're talking about, and I personally found it pretty meh. I like "Endless Waltz" if it was on its own, but since it's meant to close the After Colony chapter it fell kinda flat to me. The updated suit designs make the movie, in my opinion. I literally have a Libra-sized boner every time I see Heavyarms Kai, twin-miniguns akimbo, with a paint scheme that should have been the default instead of the red and white.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

A lot of you favor Gundam Wing, but as being someone that has watched the entire series and Endless Waltz, I just couldn't get as pumped-up about it like the other series I've watched. To me, one point that had me confused was the story was hard to follow who the enemy was. One moment it looks like the colonies, with the Gundam pilots, are fighting the World Nation and OZ, and then by the end it appeared to flip-flop and the pilots are defending the Earth from the colonies or White Fang, but at the same time it was OZ all along so the colonies and World Nation unite. Believe me, I tried following the show the best I could. Also, nearly all the main Gundam pilots personalities were just too pouting and brooding. Duo was the only character I liked with Quatre being second. It still was a decent series when it came to all the variety of mech designs and battles.

I did like Endless Waltz a bit more though because probably since it being a theatrical adaptation of the original series they upped the Gundam's designs and gave them the "custom" titles we come to know them by. It also had that "race against the clock" feel that builds suspense. That, I rather like.

--------
    I personally am a fan of really any of the U.C. series; whether it be the Original Mobile Suit Gundam all the way up to the Gundam F91 mini-series. I haven't been able to watch Gundam Unicorn as of yet. All of the shows in this timeline have rich storylines centering on the harsh impact that war has on each individual involved; be they an 11 year old naive boy witnessing his new soldier friend dying horrifically before his eyes, to a gifted pilot realizing he must risk sacrificing himself to save the world only to see countless others from both sides work together with him knowing the same fate awaits them as well. Something about these shows compared to the other timelines (i.e. G-Gundam, Gundam Wing, SEED) there's just a much deeper story with characters that feel more real and aren't just emotionally angst teenagers. We even get a look at the political views and values of both sides instead of assuming that everyone on the "bad" side has evil intent.

I have in my collection:
    The 08th MS Team
    0080: War in the Pocket
    0083: Stardust Memory
    Zeta Gundam
    Char's Counterattack
    Gundam F91
    Gundam Wing
    Wing: Endless Waltz

BucketList shows to watch:
    ZZ Gundam
    Gundam X
    Turn-A
    Gundam Unicorn

8. Likes Dunn x Dolo liked this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gundam Unicorn? lol

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon___Sommelier View Post
    Gundam Unicorn? lol
    You laugh now, but you'll enjoy the hell out of it once you watch it

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Let's start with a bullet

Senior Member Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Systems NES Controller Char Zaku MS 06S Autobots
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 09:08 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxDUNNxxDOLOxX

Im a big gundam fan. I love the series as a whole even though there were a couple of hit and misses with the series. I still watched them faithfully though. I cant really pick a favorite out of them all but If I were to go with a top 3-5 it would probably be

1.) Mobile Suit Gundam (the very 1st one)
    2.) After War Gundam X
    3.) ZZ Gundam
    4.) Gundam 00
    5.) Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

I have watched pretty much most of them. I haven't watched any of the Gundam Build fighters or whateva its called cuz I didn't like the Gundam/Beyblade feel it had. Currently right now, Im still watching Iron Blooded Orphans which is really good and Reconguista in G which is really bad IMO. I want to watch/need to watch Gundam Unicorn, 08th MS Team, the 0080/0083 series, and I will be caught up I believe.

I started with Gundam Wing like TC did and loved it back when they showed it on Adult Swim. I had to see more, so I researched and found other Gundam series and watched as many as I could. I cant remember the order to well but Its was really out of order lolz.

Gundam Wing
    G-Gundam
    Gundam Seed
    Gundam Seed Destiny
    Victory Gundam
    Turn-A Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam
    Chars Counterattack
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
    Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam
    After War Gundam X
    Gundam 00
    Gundam Age

Dunno if I missing any but If I am then I still have more to watch. As far as why I like gundam, its definitely the story. The mech battles are cool and all, but the story of how these kids lives are affected by war, and how they are dragged into it is very well done.....in most of the series at least. The way they portray the characters and how you watch them evolve through the series is so well done. They actually make it so you can connect with the characters and see the weight of the choices they make and how it affects the world and those around them. That's how I feel anyways.

12. Likes CapnJack liked this post
    Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dunn x Dolo View Post
    Gundam Wing
    G-Gundam
    Gundam Seed
    Gundam Seed Destiny
    Victory Gundam
    Turn-A Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam
    Chars Counterattack
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
    Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam
    After War Gundam X
    Gundam 00
    Gundam Age

Dunno if I missing any but If I am then I still have more to watch. As far as why I like gundam, its definitely the story. The mech battles are cool and all, but the story of how these kids lives are affected by war, and how they are dragged into it is very well done.....in most of the series at least. The way they portray the characters and how you watch them evolve through the series is so well done. They actually make it so you can connect with the characters and see the weight of the choices they make and how it affects the world and those around them. That's how I feel anyways.
    Are these just the ones that interest you to watch? There's also 0083: Stardust Memory and 0080: War in the Pocket. I also didn't see the F91 series on the list.

What's everyone's opinion about G-Savior? It's a live action special with English speaking actors, but it was first dubbed in Japanese and released in Japan in 2000. Does it hold true to the feel of the anime? I'm bound to watch it sooner or later.

14. Likes Dunn x Dolo liked this post
    Senior Member Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    Are these just the ones that interest you to watch? There's also 0083: Stardust Memory and 0080: War in the Pocket. I also didn't see the F91 series on the list.

What's everyone's opinion about G-Savior? It's a live action special with English speaking actors, but it was first dubbed in Japanese and released in Japan in 2000. Does it hold true to the feel of the anime? I'm bound to watch it sooner or later.
    Sorry my post was probably confusing as hell lolz. That list is the list of gundams I have already watched and the order I watched them in. The 0080/0083 series as well as F91, and Gundam Unicorn are the ones I haven't watched yet. I didn't even know there was a live action Gundam. O_O

Im really interested now so I will probably look it up this weekend.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Which characters from the GUNDAM universe are your favorite? Heero Yuy is my all-time favorite; he kicks butt!

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It's gotta be Karen Joshua from 08th MS Team. I absolutely love her. Close second is Trowa Barton (Heavyarms love FTW)
    Last edited by Teru Murasame; 03-05-2016 at 08:09 PM.

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Teru Murasame : You like Trowa? COOL!

19. Likes Teru Murasame liked this post
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon___Sommelier View Post
    @Teru Murasame : You like Trowa? COOL!
    Damn right I do!

Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Fav Girls:
    Sayla Mass (orig.)
    Emma Sheen (Zeta)
    Kiki Rosita (8th MS)

Fav Guys:
    Amaro Ray (orig.)
    Duo Maxwell (Wing)
    Quattro Bajeena (Zeta) --I know, I know, but Char seemed more ruthless in the other series.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Duo was a badass. He didn't care what could happen to him, he just kept fighting. Kind of like me.

23. Likes Teru Murasame liked this post
    Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

War in the Pocket and Wing are up there for me, but I do love most of the oldschool Gundam shows and 8th MS team is a masterpiece.
    -TWM-

Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

My favorite characters were.....

Judau (Gundam ZZ) - So playful yet as the series progresses he matures somewhat and gets kinda serious near the end. I liked his character

Amuro Ray (Mobile Suit Gundam) - I liked the whole storyline about Amuro. I liked how he progressed as a person, and I loved his rivalry with Char. It was very well done.

Domon (Mobile Fighter G Gundam) - The only reason I really liked Domon was because "Erupting Burning Finger." The music that played and the way he screams it is sooooooooooooooooooooo awesome.

Least Favorite Characters......

Camille (Zeta Gundam) - Oh....my....god. Camille was such a whiney crybaby lead that made me facepalm so much. I really hated him LOL.

Uso (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam) - I didn't like Uso because most characters start timid and end up getting a backbone or toughening up. Uso didn't seem like it. He was pretty much a scared child who didn't want to do this, or didn't want to do that. UGH. GROW SOME BALLZ MAN!!!!

Shinn Auska (Gundam Seed Destiny) I liked Shinn in the beginning, but the one thing that really made me dislike him was that he

lost to athrun. That was some bulls**t. Kira Beat athrun, shinn beat kira, but shinn loses to athrun? Come on man.
    Yeah its a personal beef thing and I know story wise it probably fit, but IDGAF. I wanted Shinn to win dammit.
    Im a sucker for the classics.....
    Don't hate until you try them......

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Nothing will be better than G Gundam. This hand of mine burns with an awesome power!!!!!

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gundam Wing quote: "It's a GUNDAMMMMM!!" lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information