AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with 虹色の少年

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2023 08:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default help with 虹色の少年

http://www5.atwiki.jp/hmiku/pages/24248.html

Verse 7
    雨の中の街は すべての色を消し去って
    ただまっさらへと 世界を戻してくけど
    夢見がち、寂しがりな僕へと泣いた事が
    今歩き出した始まりの音なんだろう
    I'm having trouble working out how 僕へ fits in.

Simplifying it, I get 僕へ泣いた事が歩き出した始まりの音だ. Leaving out 僕へ, it basically seems to mean, "My crying is the sound a new start". But how does 僕へ make sense? Walking towards myself?

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: help with 虹色の少年

All I can think is that maybe the 始まりの音 is what's going towards the singer? But grammatically that doesn't seem to quite make sense either. What a weird line.

Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu has a reputation beyond repute Raichu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Thanks for looking at it. I guess I'll leave it as an unresolved issue and translate it literally somehow.

bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The city is crying, I think.

Or the sky above it.
    Last edited by bambooXZX; 10-03-2015 at 03:25 AM.

Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2015 09:14 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by bambooXZX View Post
    The city is crying, I think.

Or the sky above it.
    I think the latter is correct. The rain is the sky crying.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Thanks for the suggestion.

In my interpretation of the song, I see the rain washing the town white representing the troubles and vicissitudes of life undoing the singer's dreams. Though changed by them, the singer is looking at the whiteness as an opportunity to paint new dreams.

So how does that answer 僕へ? The sky is raining towards him? Here's a translation if anyone cares to critique it:
    The town in the rain will lose all its colour,
    and the world gets taken back to being pure white.
    But it's crying to me, the dreamer, the loner,
    is now the sound that I've set off again.

Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2015 09:14 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I think you've got the gist of this verse, and your translation more or less reflects that understanding. To be more specific, the whole phrase 夢見がち、寂しがりな僕へ functions as an adverbial phrase, modifying the verb 泣く. (One other possibility is that the と here is quotational, but I think that is less likely.)

Two comments that I have are:
    - Since the original verse is in essence one long sentence, the translation should also retain that structural coherence. (The last translated line is missing the subject.)
    - The concessive relationship between the two clauses is not quite clear in your translation. My own interpretation is that the town in the rain will wipe away all the colors and return the word to its original state, but the fact that it cried to (or for) the narrator signals the sound of the beginning--of him having just taken his first step forward. Interpretations are of course very subjective, but in any case, I think it'd be nice to emphasize the contrast more.

Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

waah! the missing subject is a punctuation error ...
    The town in the rain will lose all its colour,
    and the world gets taken back to being pure white.
    But its crying to me, the dreamer, the loner,
    is now the sound that I've set off again.
    The crying is the sound. Anyway, I'm happy with that now. Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information