AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: OOC: RP Discussion/Idea thread

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OOC: RP Discussion/Idea thread

I'm thinking of renaming the "Celestial culture" the "Spiritual culture" as I want people to be able to quickly guess at stereotypes in play to avoid confusion and make signing up easier.

I also think I probably should include suggestions for sources of art for the same reasons.

Still accepting feedback. It's ever so tempting to write more. But I suspect one page is about the tl;dr limit and I want to leave people enough room to make their specific city state and leave freedom for how individual players fit into the world.

The spiritual culture, sometimes called the Celestial culture, is largely defined by their discovery of communal magic. It allows them to connect with each other, with what they call the Celestial Entity, and those of their order who die while having a strong enough connection with the Entity. This desire for eternal life shapes much of their existence. Though the Entity is…complicated. While they can connect to it and can pray to it if they like, it does not truly speak back. Instead they get something more akin to feelings. As far as they can tell, the entity wants them to be moral, peaceful, honest, giving, modest, and perhaps a bit prudish. The path is not always clear cut. For example they may feel driven to peace, but they’d also feel driving to protect each other and innocents or to keep their youth from turning away from the entity. In such situations they tend to just feel bad no matter which route they take, unless they can come up with some third option.

Other cultures suspect they've created their own self-sustaining delusion though a sort of telepathic connection, and since the dead they can contact don’t seem to be having new experiences in their “afterlife” the joke is that Celestials manage to not live twice. They also have a bit of a reputation for being crazy as they tend to first be very welcoming to the needy and concientious to any that want to leave their culture. Shanty towns increasingly full of debauchary tend to build up around their cities. Similarly other cultures often continually encroach upon their lands, with nothing but a firmly worded letter to warn them off. Tension builds until one day the negativity is too much, and what results tends to be a vicious ethnic cleansing by people who do not much fear death. They prefir to use their communal abilities to turn a small number of combatants into super soldiers or to use large gun type weapons that remove the personal element from combat.

Still, normally they’re just the sort of people you’d want to deal with and be around. Living hard working modest lives as they focus on their work. Joining together via their communal magic as they carve out massive stone cities (often Gothic in style) out of barren and hostile lands, creating stone ships, airships, and tracked vehicles powered by the magically enhanced strength of acolytes turning capstans and winches. Or tending gardens if possible or yeast/bacteria thermal vats in order to feed and clothe themselves and the needy. They also tend to have large families. The culture would be larger if not for how many children are drawn away. Though in any case they often become uncomfortable being alone, as that rarely happens within their cities.

Spiritual package (20 Points)
    Cummunal Magic (20 points): Cannot be used on oneself. One can commune with another willing living person to telepathically communicate with them, heal them, ward them, or boost one of their abilities by your communal magic rating. One can commune with decesased friends and relatives to talk. Or one can “pray” to the Celestial Entity, which has very unreliable and unpredictable results.
    Enhanced strength (10 points, power)
    Enhanced resilience (10 points, power) (both of those for handling the hard labor of life within this culture).
    Potential Art Sources: The average folk by medieval peasants or monks. More recently Abnegation might fit well. Clerics and that sort of thing; especially for healers. For there big guns maybe the Anime “Cannon Fodder” from memories or scenes from masses working in Battle Fleet Gothic.

For those that engage in the distasteful act of direct combat they tend to appear as Knights/Paladins or similar themes. Also, for those boosted by masses using communal magic, you can get ridiculously heavy weapons and armor such as you might find in sci-fi series (Daemon Hunters from 40k particularly come to mind). While this list has a western flavor, you can easily instead use the styles of different spiritual backgrounds.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 06-10-2014 at 04:28 PM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The celestial/spiritual ones seem an odd bunch to me. Perhaps it's because they -are- strange or that they might appear to behave like they're 'above' everyone else. I see them being some sort of mixed-bag ... some people pushing them around, perhaps, for their strange behaviours but others intimidated by their abilities.

I wonder if anyone would take that culture, though? I mean I can't because my character would be predominantly Therian-based, at least in background/appearance. That's just what I think, though. I just feel like I can't respect them for some reason O_o
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wanderlust Culture

Wanderlust culture- Wanderers have no cities or villiages of their own, but

instead travel between the cities of other cultures. They spend their time

enjoying and sharing their art, music, plays, dancing, and passionate love for

romance and parties among the different cities and each other. The wanderlust

culture continues to exist primarily through youngsters joining individuals or

bands of wanderers that travel through, as having their own children doesn't work

well with their freeliving and traveling lifestyle.

They do not believe in personal possessions, aside from it being rude to take

something away from someone using it that very moment or to take something from

the poor. So while they'll gladly get by on what gets thrown into their hat or

shared with them, they are well known for parting the wealthy from their money and

possessions. Though if they manage to get more than they need they really do tend

to share it with those who are poorer in those cities.

All of this makes them wildly popular with the lower classes and the young, but

regarded as vermin by those in power, anybody with much that is worth stealing, or

parents who are worried about their children running off with some wanderer.

Usually the decision to travel to another town is more a matter of them making a

run for it.

Their abilities are geared toward their lifestyle. In addition to the package

below, Wanderers are allowed an extra hobby/interest, one that is appropriate to the culture, that they are skilled at to a professional level.

Waderlust culture Package (20 points)

Empathy(10 points, power): This ability allows them to read surface emotions and

intentions of those in the vicinity and to get a very general "feeling" for a

nearby person. They do not have to be able to see someone for this to work, but that does tend to help. This ability serves the important purpose of helping them find people who would

enjoy a Wanderer showing up in their home or tavern or at least might be interested in a street performance or perhaps buying a painting. It assists in letting them read a crowd to know if what they're doing is going over well. Just as important, it also helps alert them when someone is coming for them or it's otherwise time to get moving.

Grace(10 points, power): While often taught or explained under the prence of enhancing dance and artistic freerunning, at its heart this ability is about getting from point A to point B FAST. Because it is a power it is less involved in skillful moves and more about the ability to run very fast, perform incredible jumps, to run up walls, and to handle great falls. Often wanderers will later develop freerunning as a skill as well. While they prefir to travel about by stowing away or befriending someone with a means of transportation, sometimes they also have to use this power to get between cities.

Freedom magic (10 points, magic): This magic involves a set of abilities that the Wanderlust culture associates with freedom. This involves all manner of bypassing locks, wards, traps, attempts at detecting the wanderer through magical means, and mind control. It also serves as birth control.

Illusion magic (10 points, magic): Illusions can affect all the senses, however the more senses one attempts to fool the harder it is to do a good job of it. This is often used as part of Wanderer performances. Such as creating music to dance to if musicians aren't availible, or a costume change for an improv play. Since Wanderer fashion is often quite noticible and body art not uncommon, Illusions are also helpful with moving around in a city full of people hostile to wanderers...or when one is otherwise where others think they shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I wonder if anyone would take that culture, though?
    I guess we'll see. I might look through the phrasing again.

I just feel like I can't respect them for some reason O_o
    None of the cultures are meant to be overly idealized. I'm expecting some people to think Therians sound like freaks.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    None of the cultures are meant to be overly idealized. I'm expecting some people to think Therians sound like freaks.
    I know GG does. :P

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I know GG does. :P
    I what now?

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pactmaker Culture:

The Pactmaker culture is named for the type of magic they use, which is able to create all manner of pacts between people and...other things beyond the mortal realm. However beyond that their culture is defined by their libertarian/anarchist philosophies, chiefly anarcho-capitalism.

When society collapsed under the onslaught of Magics of Mass Destruction most groups of survivors gravitated towards creating some new form of governance. This led to most of the other current cultures. The anarchists took it as their moment to bring their ideals into existence, leveraging those who knew pact based magic, mostly lawyers and notary publics at that time, in order to make things "work" without a government. There are many different kinds of libertarian and anarchist philosophies, and there are some groups others still out there for the different types. However when people think of the Pactmakers they think of the anarcho-capitalists, who believe in freedom from governments and their aggression in favor of radical self-ownership and respect for private property. Functions traditional performed by the government instead being provided by individuals, corporations, or pact based magic. Their definition of self-ownership is that "each person enjoys, over himself and his powers, full and exclusive rights of control and use, and therefore owes no service or product to anyone else that he has not contracted to supply."

The "contracted to supply" portion is important to note. Much of the rise of this culture was due to individuals or small cells seeking out groups of survivors that were on the verge of death and offering salvation...to anyone willing to sign the magically binding indentured servitude agreements. This is a common practice on their part to this day. Make no mistake though, they consider themselves highly moral, and any criticism of those actions will be met with pointing out that others were willing to instead sit by and let those people die. Would that have been better? They used no threats, no force, no deception, no dishonesty, merely a bargain. They are similarly able to defend their other libertarian/objectivist beliefs and actions. They don't only employ indentured servants, and are willing to enter into all manner of labor contracts with willing workers. They are known to pay and reward skilled individuals well enough to lure people away from other cultures.

While commonly seen by other cultures as "filthy exploiters", they also have a reputation as being the best people to do business with. They are usually quite willing to put themselves under their own pact based magic as a guarantee of their products and services, or to operate under non-disclosure clauses when helping out with all manner of "personal" matters.

However their dreams of creating large cities have not panned out. They generally blame this on aggression by the "macrogovernments" of the other cultures. Instead they operate from the small towns on the outskirts of other culture's cities, from hidden compounds, from well-defended lairs, or out of their sometimes quite large caravans of wagons, ships, or airships. Usually one individual is ultimately in control of these, with a number of like-minded Pactmaker "subcontractor" apprentices, and however many workers or indentured servants they have under contract.

At the school, it is common for a Pactmaker student to have a relatively high level of material wealth, a servant of some sort, and/or a collared Therian. Though some are currently low on funds and are instead high on ambition.

Pactmaker package (20 points)

Pactmaking (magic, 20 points)

Pactmaking can be used to create a binding agreement between two people. Higher levels of skill allow for more complex agreements and stronger enforcement. At twenty points a contract creates a strong mental compulsion to comply and can attempt to enforce even an "on pain of death" penalty. However both might possibly be resisted by a strong enough individual.

Pactmaking is can also be used to interact with, make deals with, and summon creatures beyond the mortal realm. There seem to be a great variety of such creatures, or perhaps this magic actually forms them from a single type of thing or out of nothing. In any case it works and some things out there are incredibly powerful. Entities can either be summoned to act on their own or summoned to possess the Pactmaker, altering his form and adding their abilities to the Pactmaker's own. Individual arrangements can be made (even rather on the fly), but for every five points in Pactmaking you can have a particular arrangement ready to go (either for possession or separate summoning).

Common examples are Blood Daemon's and Observers, with many Pactmakers of this level of skill having arrangements to summon and be possessed by both, as they demand nothing for their services. However feel free to pitch your own ideas to me. The baseline for abilities an entity has is equal to the points the Pactmaker has in Pactmaking magic, but often the actual creatures summoned have more but have drawbacks or demands.

Blood Daemon (10 points Enhanced Strength (power), 10 points flight (biomorph, wings), 5 points melee fighting (skill)): Blood Daemons appear as humanoids with red skin and bat wings and want little more than to tear living things apart with their teeth, horns, and claws. So long as a Pactmaker quickly provides a target these creatures are fully willing to do his bidding. Getting them to NOT attack can be difficult if they are independently summoned.

Observer (10 points enhanced senses (power), 5 points telepathic connection to summoner (power), 10 points invisibility (power): Observers appear as a vaguely humanoid ripple in the air. They just want to see and experience something interesting and tend to reliably go where they are sent, and relay back what they experience telepathically on demand. But they may be drawn away by something they find sufficiently "interesting". They prefer not to fight. When used for possession ignore the telepathic connection and increase enhanced senses to 10 points

Spirit Servant (10 points, select 20 points of powers). Good help is so hard to find. The sprit servant is an entity that you have dedicated some of your personal essence to in order that they can continually exist in the physical world. Their appearance can be varied, but often Pactmakers have them appear as an almost human butler or maid. They can act independently or be "summoned" which transports them from wherever they are at the moment to the Pactmakers side. As they contain some of the Pactmakers essence if they are destroyed this also weakens the Pactmaker for a day for each point dedicated.

Artifact (10 points, select 20 points of associated powers): Pactmakers frequently have some affluence and it is common for them to have acquired and bonded an artifact.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Netherkin culture (which is meant to facilitate a number of different sorts of character types)

At some point something happened to these individuals. It could be extremely

traumatic, or as simple as a playground taunt, it could be entirely in their head as

they ponder life, pain, and meaninglessness, or perhaps they started spending too much

time with an existing Netherkin. Regardless it started them down this emotional and

obsessive path. As their mind turns inward it can begin to tap into something of a

mental connection with other Netherkin and the dead subconsciously teaching them how to

bend their potential to the powers of a Netherkin, and eventually this can trigger a

physical change. Usually there is a period where they show some physical and emotional

signs of what is happening. But if someone doesn't notice and care enough to act the

transformation can complete and they become something not entirely alive, and often the

first thing they do is walk into a shadow and leave their family forever. Once they

reach this point it can become very hard to turn back to "normal" even if they at some

point achieve a measure of happiness.

Their new apperance and manner can very greatly (Emo, goth, vampire, "corpse paint"

type metal rockers, necromancers, liches, ghosts). So too can their manner. Some are

rather despondent, other rave and yell, others take to creating art, poetry, or putting

on concerts as a way to express their emotions or compensate for the lack thereof.

However they act, a Netherkin is at risk of losing touch with reality entirely and

suffering a sort of mental death. To prevent this they require intensity of

emotion...and to drain some energy. They can actually do this to themselves via self

harm like cutting or playing music until their fingers bleed. They can also attack

someone else and feed off their fear and energy. Performing for a willing participant

or even a whole crowd can also achieve this result, and while emotion of some sort must

run high, a crowd means that the energy drained from each individual can be fairly

negligable.

Due to their partially dead nature Netherkin tend to attract undead and spirits

whether they like it or not. Some of the Magics of Mass destruction created zombie

plauges, used necromancy to create skeletal armies, opened up rifts through which ghosts

poured out onto enemy cities or armies, or otherwise created undead. Most wander the

earth mindlessly searching for prey. However being near a Netherkin returns a measure

of sentience. As a result most Netherkin live not so much in large communities but in

their own isolated castles, mansions, or dungeons made or refurbished by undead

servents. Their abilities to travel through shadows then lets them interact with the

broader world.

Netherkin package (20 points)

Netherkin form (power, 20 points)
    The Netherkin gets to choose, as described above, how they appear. The result of this power is that the Netherkin is extremely resiliant and while their body more flows back together they do something rather like regenerating, and while it is debated how much they're living this allows them to potentially exist for a very long time. However they do need to experience emotion and drain energy as described above. If they engage in self harm this power doesn't recieve the bonus it usually does. Additionally while bright light does not harm a Netherkin, they tend to find it distracting and uncomfortable.

Shadow walk (10 points, power)
    This power is a form of teleportation. But it only allows the individual to vanish into or exit from a sufficiently dark location. Controlling where one comes out is hard. At this level one could only specify anywhere in a city sized area for a distant location or somewhere within a building for a closer location. But it becomes easier as more points are allocated. Going "home" is relatively easy. If they are traveling aimlessly Netherkin tend to be drawn to people experiencing the sorts of emotions associated with Netherkin. By holding together, Netherkin can bring along additional people or undead, however it becomes painful and draining once more than one additional person per five points in the power are included.

Undead affiliatation (10 points)
    To an extent this is a power and will affect the mentality of undead you may come accross. Although even if they gain a measure of sentience it doesn't mean that they might not attack you. However more secifically in addition to some number of undead hangers on, this grants you one or more undead servents (up to one for every two points allocated to undead affilitation) their total points in skills/powers can total up to twice the points in undead affilitiation. They can either travel with you, be left to some task, or, because of their link to you, left "in the Shadows" after a shadow walk. You can "retrieve" them by reaching into a sufficiently dark place and pulling them into the world.

Member Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul's Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2015 08:31 PM
    Threads

so the RPG section seems to have died......

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by Gazkul View Post
    Most sections have. Most of the anime, art, tech, etc. Only real active section is misc.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've been considering starting another game after Nightmarchers completed. Which is what a lot of this thread is about. But I'm worried there isn't the playerbase anymore.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm still around. I've just been busy with college.

And, y'know ... nothing new happening here information-wise. I mean I've read everything, but myeah.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Magitek Culture:

The Magitek culture is dominated by the excitment of discovery and investion. Frequently to the point of obsession such that other cultures wonder if there is a hidden aspect of madness or something addictive to the sorts of magic that the Tekmages use.

Whatever the case the significant cities of the Magitek culture are full of wonders. When it comes to actual science and engineering knowledge Tekmages are actually quite limited, relying chiefly on steam engines and clockwork, with only a very basic understanding of electomagnetism and chemistry. However their use of magic allows them to greatly enhance what they can achieve. Being able to embed magical heat sources and artificial inteligences withing their systems steam powered monstrosities stomp along the ground and fly through the sky alongside "impossible" inventions such as freeze rays and teleporters.

This has afforded a measure of power to the Magitek culture, however they are limited in being able to leverage such power due to their disorganization. The best inventors tend to be the most respected and are those who weild the most power due to their devices, however they are often the least interested in personal hygene to say nothing of day to day governance. There are a great many varieties of governments established in Magitek cities, however it's just as frequent that a government will have been formed but it doesn't do anything because few want to attend the meetings unless there are major local issues or a temporary fascination with political science or rhetoric. But this varies as does the type of governance and economic policy. Within Magitek cities you have a number of guilds, workshops, and research towers full of masters, journeymen, and apprenteces. However you'll also have a vast population of people, biological constructs, and sentient magitek golemns living and working among the madness.

Possible sources of art and inspiration: Steamboy (anime movie), Last Exile (anime), Girl Genius (webcomic). Deadlands(RPG), Dr. Horribles Sing Along Blog (web series check it out), Jules Verne's novels, Final Fantasy games, to an extent World of Warcraft goblins/gnomes, Haven't heard of those or steampunk? Seen the, *sigh*, movie "Wild Wild West?".

Magitek Package (20 points)

Science and Engineering (skill, 10 points) this represents the basic but broad knowledge that a Tekmage builds on when using and creating inventions.

Magitek (15 points, Magic): This represents the Tekmages ability to combine magic with their technology. It is used in the creation and use of Magitek devices, both permanent ones but also Juryrigged/"MacGuyvered" inventions. It is often required to actually safely use a Magitek invention. People without sufficient skill may be unable to make a device even work (such as a freeze ray), or be unable to SAFELY use a device (such as a steam powered jet pack or rocket boots). Even for technological devices that would actually work, such as a train or flintlock pistol, this Magic can be used to provide a bonus to their normal use, in addition to being used to "tinker" with them.

Artifacts (15 points): Please list inventions that sum up to 30 points of powers. This will likely require some collaboration with me as magitek devices often have advantages/disadvantages.

I'm also thinking I need to add something to the beginning of the sign in thread like:
    "I would like to point out early on that as part of this particular game I'd like to share the fun of worldbuilding with my players. In addition to making your character as in any game, you also have the option of filling in the details of your characters home, what their part of the tower is like, as well as specific locations within the grounds of the school. Further while I have certian themes and events I'll want to play around with, I encourage players to give being a Co-GM a shot. There are a number of ways to go about this, from making secondary characters to serve as antagonists or people in need to serving as a more typical GM for a group, to just working out themes you'd like to explore with me. But the upshot is that I'm still there to GM and back you up (or challenge you). "

Anyway that's all of the groups. And I already have LPS approval. I could lauch a game if it's thought viable here. It was meant to run with a larger playerbase though. I was kinda hoping that with the different ideas bouncing around in this thread that this board would get to be lively again.

Member Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul has a reputation beyond repute Gazkul's Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

would be up for a new RP on a casual basis as working a 5 day week and with the gf the other 2 so bit busy atm :/

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

would be up for a new RP on a casual basis as working a 5 day week and with the gf the other 2 so bit busy atm :/
    Well congrats! Though having a full time job, a wife, and two little daughters is in large part why I do forum games. I just don't have the time for something else.

Though I do have to admit that the crowd here on AF (or at least what we used to have) was quite a different set of players than you'd get in other ways. So that did make it particularly interesting.

Gil
    Hungover
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

aye well, if anything gets off the ground here drop me a line.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

aye well, if anything gets off the ground here drop me a line.
    Will do. Actually maybe I'll launch this one soon. I'll send out some PMs to see if anybody else would be up to try and revive this board.

Also, the Campus

That the School of Seven Towers came into existance at all is a miracle given that different cultures had to work together to build. While there was some collaboration, for the most part construction was a chaotic blend of uncoordinated efforts. There is no single person who knows the actual layout of the entire campus, much less about the insides of the different buildings.

The dominating features are the huge circular wall, the seven massive towards that are part of it each spaced about three miles apart, and the aquaduct going into the Therian tower on the Northen end of campus. These structures were built by volunteers from the Celestial culture, and they have that gothic sort of look with arches and high vaulted ceilings and they are all made out of a greyish stone. They left the towers quite unfinished in order that the different cultures could complete and furnish them as they saw fit.

Within the circlular wall is the campus green. Most of the planet is a barren wasteland and this area was no exception. Considerable work and biomagic from Therian volunteers went into purifying the water coming from the aquaduct and turning the wasteland into lush fields, patches of flowers, woods, or jungle, alondside small ponds and lakes. The area was quite hilly, and between that and the newly added tress and bushes it is rather hard to see very far in any direction when on the ground.

At the center of the circle is the central campus. This area was largely worked on by volunteers from the Magitek culture, and contractors from the Pactmaker culture(funded by donations chiefly from the peace seeking Celestials). A basic map of the campus is handed out to all students noting the towers and a number of buildings in central campus including the massive Main Lecture Hall, Administration Building, Challenge Field, the Danger Room, the Gymnasium, the Arena, the Workshop, the Library, and the Dining Hall. In the center is the Platform where small Magitek trains head out to the seven towers and the South gate.

However it quickly becomes obvious that there are more buildings than that present in central campus, and further there are structures scattered throughout the campus green that aren't listed on the map.

For external apperances the Therian tower to the North looks to be covered in moss and ivey with a waterfall cascading down through green layers in order to get filtered before the water radiates out through the campus green and eventually into the plumbing for the rest of the buildings. Clockwise from the therian tower is the Wanderlust tower. It's largely been unfinished, however murals and splashes of color are begining to cover its surface. Continuing the circle clockwise is the Bushido culture's tower, which has recently taken the appearance of a huge pagoda. Next is the Celestial tower, which retains the gothic look but they have added arrays of statues and stained glass windows. Next is the Magitek culture's tower. It is a hodgepode of contraptions on the outside, with massive cranes and elevators to lift materials to the higher levels. Between the Celestial and Magitek towers is the southern gate, which is closest to the port to the south and is where most newcomers and supplies enter the school. Clockwise from the Magitek tower is the Pactmaker culture's tower, which has largely been covered over by one way glass, and has a "spikey" appearance due to a great many private airship docks being present. Next is the Netherkin tower. It is also relatively unfinished but a mist generally obscures it from view with ghostly forms swirling around it. People are starting to question the wisdom of concentrating Netherkin in a small area.

Outside the campus to the South is the port, to the North is a settled area where the Therian volunteers have claimed some territory and are in the process of greening and expanding it. And to the east and west sides of the campus a shanty town of sort has cropped up. Origionally these were the workers that constructed the campus. There weren't meant to stay. But the school still has some jobs, the port is becoming popular for trade, and all the quarrying down by the Celestials to make the school ran into a number of silver and copper veins, leading to miners swiftly staking claims once the Celestials moved on. The town is considered rather seedy and, while students could reach it by going out through the south gate or out through any door or window in their home tower, they are discouraged from doing so.

It is known that there are some cities destroyed by MMGs in the great war to the North, but the students aren't encouraged to go there either.

I do believe that's now everything I'd include in a sign in thread. I'd just have to polish and combine stuff.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 06-02-2014 at 04:33 PM.

17. Likes Gazkul liked this post
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Gazkul

By the way you've essentially got the whole sign in thread for the game in this thread starting at
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...=1#post2798972

If you happen to be interested in providing any comments while I can still freely edit stuff.

Probably also time to put a final post on Nightmarchers. I figure I've got all the epilogues and stuff I'm going to get there. Actually I've got some direction from Esiphas and a few others I should probably flesh out and put in... Anyway that shouldn't take long once I get rolling on it.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 06-02-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Cake Spinning Beach Ball Doom Baka
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'd be interested to try and help revive the dead rpg forum. (:

"I will make Hiyori the happiest girl in this world..."

20. Likes sunnyside liked this post
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

So my coworkers talk a lot about that show Once Upon a Time, and a few friends talk about that Ever After High on youtube, so I toyed with the idea of having a Disney game. Players could choose any Disney character they want and choose to stay true to their character or give them a new personality like in Once Upon a Time. Not sure how many people would be interested though

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

22. Likes sunnyside liked this post
    Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    So my coworkers talk a lot about that show Once Upon a Time, and a few friends talk about that Ever After High on youtube, so I toyed with the idea of having a Disney game. Players could choose any Disney character they want and choose to stay true to their character or give them a new personality like in Once Upon a Time. Not sure how many people would be interested though
    That could be interesting, but what would be the plot?
    Would it be a Villians vs Heroes type of rp?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon View Post
    That could be interesting, but what would be the plot?
    Would it be a Villians vs Heroes type of rp?
    Basically. But I would allow bad characters to be good, and good characters bad. All characters would live in the same world/area and interact with each other.
    The plot would be simple, one of the characters decides they want to be sole ruler of the world sort of thing

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Basically. But I would allow bad characters to be good, and good characters bad. All characters would live in the same world/area and interact with each other.
    The plot would be simple, one of the characters decides they want to be sole ruler of the world sort of thing
    I like it (: It might be fun. It'll be a change from always making new OCs.

Senior Member Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Spiderman
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2014 08:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: wboon

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbon View Post
    It'll be a change from always making new OCs.
    Speaking of which, I have an idea based on the Fate/Stay Night universe, but instead of just mythical/historic heroes, you're able to choose 'heroic' anime characters as well (like Goku, Natsu, maybe even Yagami Light). I always found it kinda weird that forum RPGs, despite being claimed by some as a form of 'collaborative fan fiction,' don't often have the use of canon characters (as opposed to OCs).

Of course, the idea's kinda ambitious (considering that it allows anime characters from any series, which can get messy quickly), so I'm just throwing it out there to fish some interest. Think I might just start with a small, bite-sized casual RPG first, just to test it out.
    My Anime List
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/OminousFlare

Currently Reading Fate/Stay Night, on the Route of...

I am the bone of my sword
    Steel is my body and fire is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades
    Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything
    So as I pray, unlimited blade works

27. Likes sunnyside liked this post
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Flare View Post
    Speaking of which, I have an idea based on the Fate/Stay Night universe, but instead of just mythical/historic heroes, you're able to choose 'heroic' anime characters as well (like Goku, Natsu, maybe even Yagami Light). I always found it kinda weird that forum RPGs, despite being claimed by some as a form of 'collaborative fan fiction,' don't often have the use of canon characters (as opposed to OCs).

Of course, the idea's kinda ambitious (considering that it allows anime characters from any series, which can get messy quickly), so I'm just throwing it out there to fish some interest. Think I might just start with a small, bite-sized casual RPG first, just to test it out.
    Don't get me wrong though, I love making my own characters too.
    Anyways, I'm just happy rping anything really. (:

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think I'll pass on the Disney one and just wait for sunnyside to set the one he proposed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information