AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "God is the Potter, Not Harry" - What the?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Myrra View Post
    Am I the only one here who would like to read what the entire banner says?
    I think that would give a better indication of what that church was striving to do.
    lol, I tried to read the tiny text at the bottom for about 5 minutes before I gave up and moved on.

However, I know that some religions are very much against H.P since it deals with magic, and magic is usually seen as 'evil' [at least thats what a priest on local tv said].

Kinda gives Jesus a bad rep though...

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

As you can see the writing at the bottom reads: "We are the clay, you are the potter." So I give myself a pat for getting the metaphor right.

Anyway, it kind of looks like they are just useing the popularity of Harry Potter to preach the good word. It could be anti-HP, but who knows.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Senior Member Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2008 07:03 PM
    Threads

It is really simple as to way the church would spend money for a sign like that. Harry Potter is a popular series of movies, and in the movies it has alot of magic(witchcraft). So, naturally the church sees it as a bad role model for kids. But in truth, if they would simply and truly watch the movies in detail, they would notice that whatever kinds of magic they are using, they are fighting the forces of evil, not joining them. But most people do not look that deeply into things, they just like to gather enough information to make a big deal about things with out having complete knowledge of what they are making a big deal about. I have to say, I am a strong Christian, and I like to watch the Harry Potter movies, alot.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sadida View Post
    I know this because i went to a catholic school and heard this hymn- "God is the Potter, i am the clay; mold me and make me, this is what i pray!"
    I.E. Don't be influenced by Harry Potter, let God control you.
    I don't see anything like that in the banner. While it is likely they are referring to the hymn, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a pike against Harry. It can just as well be a non-hostile "hey! don't forget about us!"

Not all Christians are anti-HP. Fairy tales with magic in them have, after all, been around for hundreds of year. Most people realize that it is after all just a fairy tale, and not real and take a book for what it is, just a book.

It's rare to see such a strong case of the halo effect. It's like some X-tians are anti-HP, X-tians make ambiguous banner referring to HP -> Banner is anti-HP.
    Last edited by Eris; 08-27-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Loveless ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I want one! T-T

Personally I believe in god, but I do think some churches act like a colt, yeah most ppl wont say that only b/c omg its a church you shouldnt talk like that. When in fact I do, Churches are run by ppl not god, they hold temples for god and everything, but just b/c they say something is true, doesnt mean it is. After all they are no more special than you and I, they also can be very wrong. What if what god meant for use has been totally translated to fit what ppl want us to do? what if what we believe of god is totally untrue?? this is why i dont go to church, i believe in god but I also hold what humans themselves say on a very breakable string :] I dont act like its the "RULE OF TRUTH" or anything to that sort.

As far as the poster go's..... yeah that is totally odd lol why not donate the money the got to make that to the Red Cross, or maybe even the war..... to help the soldiers since their so "supportive" lol even if they werent "supportive" ppl are still over there dying so why not help them out? instead they make a gay poster about a fantasy book that in no way teaches witchcraft lol.... its just a book.... oh but if it was about unicorns they'd have no problem with it....
    :l: Love :l: Passion :l: Desire :l:
    L O V E L E S S
    - Sometimes Gender doesn't matter.... -

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Ritsuka♥ View Post
    As far as the poster go's..... yeah that is totally odd lol why not donate the money the got to make that to the Red Cross, or maybe even the war..... to help the soldiers since their so "supportive" lol even if they werent "supportive" ppl are still over there dying so why not help them out? instead they make a gay poster about a fantasy book that in no way teaches witchcraft lol.... its just a book.... oh but if it was about unicorns they'd have no problem with it....
    Support the war? Last time I checked, thou shalt not kill was not a suggestion. It's not like "You know, it would like be nice if you didn't kill and all that... but you know, whatever rocks your boat, who am I to say what you should do, I only created you 'n all..."

They could just as well spend it on hookers and booze.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

Well Eris you seem to be forgetting the great crusades where to kill a non-beleaver was the entrence into heaven (christianity). I beleave the quote is -Thou shalt not kill - unless it is a heathen and then thau shalt kill and burn him and his family - and for good measure take his land as well.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    Well Eris you seem to be forgetting the great crusades where to kill a non-beleaver was the entrence into heaven (christianity). I beleave the quote is -Thou shalt not kill - unless it is a heathen and then thau shalt kill and burn him and his family - and for good measure take his land as well.
    That particular stint in history also believed that incest was fine and dandy.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    That really isn't X-tianity, it's politics in the name of X-tianity. That point aside, this is not a religious war.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Actually, if you twist it's senses even more, it could result "God is Harry Potter" or worse, "God is Harry's son". Maybe they should put those things on the books, y'know, like it says "Smoking is bad for your health" on cigarette packs, it should be "Witchcrafting is bad for your god" for HP books.
    However, this antiHP propaganda will only defame the Church.
    O praise the SubSatanic cult of the Wikkans!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    They could just as well spend it on hookers and booze.
    Good thinking, i'd support them for that.
    Last edited by DOOM!; 08-27-2007 at 03:22 PM.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Harry is a fictional character, how can he be god?
    pathetic >_<
    ohhh and i wonder how much the person who made that sign got paid, cause that looks like you could make that on paint
    it's a pretty cruddy drawing of harry, i thought it was a cartoon drawing of Wilson, the Volleyball, from Castaway or a deranged drawing of a lightbulb

EDIT: wouldn't god be considered a fictional character to some people as well?
    Last edited by Aleyna; 08-27-2007 at 03:36 PM.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baka_black View Post
    i think its kinda odd.like the church feels insecure about their followers.personally, i dont think a book would influence anyone's fate to warrant such action.
    The bible has, and it warranted the Religion to be carried on and spread.

Books can do more then you think, or in this case, so says the church.

But I think that it's bogus that they spent their money that way. What next? A LOTR banner saying "Jesus has a true beard, Gandalf doesn't."-?

Yeah so.. It's just dumb in my opinion.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Veile Ladie*~ View Post
    Harry is a fictional character, how can he be god?
    Though, Jesus is also as far as can be conclusively proven just a fictional character (at least partially, his heavy cult of personality has muddled much of objective history) How can -he- be god?

If I was God, I would be affronted by my followers thinking I would crumple up and wither away like some forgotten apple core left in a drawer, just because some kids read a book. If God does exist, be sure that he is a lot sturdier than you think.
    Last edited by Eris; 08-27-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If God does exist, be sure that he is a lot sturdier than you think.
    then he'll put a wrath on the gluttoned idiot who got paid to make that sign if he's exists

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Veile Ladie*~ View Post
    then he'll put a wrath on the gluttoned idiot who got paid to make that sign if he's exists
    Or he he could not care. Maybe God has a life, rather than spends his every waking moment meddling in the affairs of insignificant primates? Maybe earth was the prototype, and he made a better planet in some other galaxy that he's spending his time on now.

Gil
    Shh
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Or he he could not care. Maybe God has a life, rather than spends his every waking moment meddling in the affairs of insignificant primates? Maybe earth was the prototype, and he made a better planet in some other galaxy that he's spending his time on now.
    and maybe the bible was a thrown out copy of his rough draft

Instagram|Tumblr

Loveless ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

God a life? >>;; lol but yeah please dont hold what humans or shall i say "we" say with too much credit after all the bible was created by humans, written down by humans, and now is read by humans. Too many ppl put too much faith in a book with a bunch of words, that is why they are scared that ppl will put "too much faith" into harry potter, which just gives them another reason to make it look like they are good and we are bad for reading the book. It all has to either do with money, the more ppl they get to follow them (keep in mind i'm not talking about everyone) the more money they get for the offering, the bigger the church, the more ppl it draws, the more technology they get to use, the more ppl it draws. Personally I think most of what is done these days is about money, if they really cared about human kind then they wouldnt have made that poster, those who are actually good dont need to go out of their way to prove it. This go's for every situation. If they really do support whats good for god then they wouldnt make such a big deal out of a book, and allow god to deal with the ppl if in fact its something wrong to do. We are not god nore should we act like it, yeah we should get ppl to follow us if we believe him, but not post huge posters about how its wrong to read a book when thats only sticking your neck out to look bad to certain ppl if someone likes HP then they wont listen to what you have to say about it, all it does is stir up the ppl who do believe it and cause them to lash out at the family members/friends who dont, or even hold demonstrations about it. It does no good in the long run and only causes a bunch of drama, which is what some churches want, the more drama, the more ppl come to church to complain about it, its just one big gathering of ppl pointing their fingers in all directions but at themselves, yes some churches are nice b/c i do go to church once in awhile but some of them are a bunch of hypocrits. moral of the storie "dont try and prove a point that has no point to begin with"
    Last edited by ♥Ritsuka♥; 08-27-2007 at 04:11 PM.
    L O V E L E S S

Senior Member Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2007 05:18 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    i've seen stuff from the church like:

"the best position to be in is on your knees"

it's a good position for sure, but i can name better ones ^^
    They do stuff like this to grab attencion from major advents like the olympics aswell. i just can't remember what they had up at that time right now ^^;

=[[Wolfwood]]=
    Dear sweet unforgiving God...please tell me you're joking about that?

On topic: Crap like this is the reason why I say religion is stupid. I myself believe in God and what he teaches, but following a certain religion or church is no different than signging yourself over to a cult and becoming a mindless drone of whoever the pastor is and what he says. "God is the Potter, not Harry"? For Christ's sake, people, it's a freaking book! What about manga such as One Piece where God himself got thrown from power, or Berserk (er...no examples needed)? They just want to attack something popular with their bigoting ideas so they can get more attention to their church. How idiotic.

Thanks to Divine Dragon from Bladegash for the awesome Sig!

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-san View Post
    Dear sweet unforgiving God...please tell me you're joking about that?
    I wish i was ^^; i think i was in Queensland when i saw it not all that long ago.
    But the church often uses whatever's popular at the moment for attencion like a poster saying:
    "You think Thorpie is good? well Jesus walked on water" this one isn't really wrong like the other one, but it's close to what they're doing now with harry potter.
    They take the biggest thing of the moment and use it for they're advertising by really just saying they're better then it.

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Member Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia has a reputation beyond repute Ichigo Momomyia's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2009 08:55 PM
    Threads

I don't get it...
    Love life.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    This is one of the many reasons why I HATE religion, especially Christianity.
    And this quote is why I hate people, especially the ones that don't think things through. The anti-religious nuts are as bad as the religious nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-san
    On topic: Crap like this is the reason why I say religion is stupid. I myself believe in God and what he teaches, but following a certain religion or church is no different than signging yourself over to a cult and becoming a mindless drone of whoever the pastor is and what he says. "God is the Potter, not Harry"? For Christ's sake, people, it's a freaking book! What about manga such as One Piece where God himself got thrown from power, or Berserk (er...no examples needed)? They just want to attack something popular with their bigoting ideas so they can get more attention to their church. How idiotic.
    How do you read this as anti-Harry Potter? I'll admit that the banner makes no sense because in the case of Harry "Potter" is a surname and in the case of God "potter" is a profession or hobby or something, therefore the two aren't comparable except for the fact that they both use magic and both are fictional.

And really, going to church isn't signing yourself into a cult to become a mindless drone. Sure, there are annoying religious people that project this image, but my aunt is a church-goer and reads Harry Potter with her kids and loves the movies.

And why bring up One Piece? That doesn't apply since it has no where near the popularity of Harry Potter and probably not many Christians heard of it.

And again, I don't see how it was attacking Harry Potter. It's like saying "Macbeth was a king, not King from Tekken." Bah! It's stupid to get worked up over this poster.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Oh, but Faceless, you seem like the one getting worked up here. =x

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Oh, but Faceless, you seem like the one getting worked up here. =x
    I'm actually really cool-headed right now. And the banner itself doesn't upset me, even though I am both a Harry Potter fan and a believer of God. I'm more fustrated at the people that say, "R3ligion is stopid!!1!" because I feel they say it without good reason.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    And this quote is why I hate people, especially the ones that don't think things through. The anti-religious nuts are as bad as the religious nuts.

How do you read this as anti-Harry Potter? I'll admit that the banner makes no sense because in the case of Harry "Potter" is a surname and in the case of God "potter" is a profession or hobby or something, therefore the two aren't comparable except for the fact that they both use magic and both are fictional.

And really, going to church isn't signing yourself into a cult to become a mindless drone. Sure, there are annoying religious people that project this image, but my aunt is a church-goer and reads Harry Potter with her kids and loves the movies.

And why bring up One Piece? That doesn't apply since it has no where near the popularity of Harry Potter and probably not many Christians heard of it.

And again, I don't see how it was attacking Harry Potter. It's like saying "Macbeth was a king, not King from Tekken." Bah! It's stupid to get worked up over this poster.
    I like you maybe you should check out what i had posted on this, I'll probably end up talking about it in Pay to post let me know what you think on what i have to say! thanks
    L O V E L E S S

Senior Member Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 09:13 AM
    Threads

Well, whatever the message was, the bottom line is that the banner costs money. The money they paid an advertising agency to develop the campaign is a large sum and I feel that at the end of the day, that money could have made someone's life better. Isn't that one believing that there is a God all about?

~*Why don't they get tired, Because they're fools, Don't fools get tired, How can fools get tired?*~ www.hypergraphiansmuse.blogspot.com
    AF Family
    "Red" - Younger brother
    "*Ninna* ~ Hatake - Sister-in-law"

Closed Thread

Thread Information