AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Worst type of anime fan?

Senior Member Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis has a reputation beyond repute Masked Mantis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2014 05:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karma Fuzz

Default Re: Worst type of anime fan?

I don't like how some people treat dubbed anime. Its fair enough if you want to watch shows with subtitles, but I always get the feeling that some people are looked down upon if they watch a show dubbed. Some shows don't even get watched before their dub is instantly labelled terrible. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching an anime dubbed, from what I've seen it hasn't taken much of anything away.

Senior Member BronyBradyBuddyKiller is on a distinguished road BronyBradyBuddyKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:05 PM
    Threads

I try to avoid anime fans like those just described, but if anything I guess I don't really kike people who hate on anime I like. I just read what they say and will accept there point of view and get on with my day. I'm not going to mess about with someone who has a different opinion than me when I could be squeezing more episodes in.
    I also hate myself. I judge anime just by looking on Wikipedia. If the artwork or the plot doesn't sound good I leave it and find something else, but if I actually watch it, 9 times outa 10 it ends up being a very good anime.
    I guess I literally judge some books by there covers and I have to learn to open those books.

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2015 01:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

there are some people who are annoying in every fandom so anime is not exception :P
    here which types get on my nerves:

- "ma anime iz beterz den urzz!!!11!"
    - those who refuse to accept that, anime is not just ONE genre but a HUGE pool of difference kinds for different people, age groups, and general demographics, and therefore there are people who prefer different things than them.
    - people who refuse to accept that they use certain japanese terms (of anime genre) wrongly. (example: shojou-ai/shounen-ai) and when told that they get mad :P
    - fanfic writers who have little to no understanding of the characters they are writing about, or simple bash half of the character to fit their story telling. (it is a different thing to lets say make an AU and have a character killed to fit that AU because you want to explore how another character would react to the loss, and different to go on: "and she was ***** killed becayse she waz a *** **** and Xchan was diserving so much bettez *next scene Xchan is having mind blowing sex of life with preferable Ychan* becuz Xchan & Ychan are so kawaiiiiii 2gethar"
    - those complaining on EVERY little detail they don't like in a series they are following, most recent example:
    20th anniversary of SailorMoon, the producers came up with a new musical first instead of an anime, reaction: "how dare they postpone the anime!!! who cares about the musicals!!!" then the musicals get an all female cast, reaction: "couldn't they hire male actors? what is wrong with them blah blah" event for introducing the cast 2 hours long and with some info for the anime, reaction "I spend 2 hours for nothing but to know that they will postpone until xx date, blah blah"

hmm I think I'll stop here ahahhaha
    well everyone who is not forcing their opinion down my throat, nor curses on me for correcting them, nor complains about every little thing, is fine to have a nice conversation with

4. Likes marisauna liked this post
    Junior Member aly_cat is on a distinguished road aly_cat's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2013 08:31 PM
    Threads

People that bash or keep dissing the ones that others like (to the extreme, I mean) but keeps on promoting the ones they like, sometimes even trying yo force someone else to like it. Also the ones that can't accept other people's opinions.

I think the if they don't like a certain anime then they should just say so and move on and not continue to be negative about it. Also, if another person doesn't really feel the ones that you like you should accept their opinion since we all have different tastes.

Senior Member FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595 has a brilliant future FstSergeant8595's Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Iron Man MkIII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2014 10:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FstSergeant8595 PSN ID: SMSergeant8595 Steam ID: FstSergeant8595

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Mantis View Post
    I don't like how some people treat dubbed anime. Its fair enough if you want to watch shows with subtitles, but I always get the feeling that some people are looked down upon if they watch a show dubbed. Some shows don't even get watched before their dub is instantly labelled terrible. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching an anime dubbed, from what I've seen it hasn't taken much of anything away.
    This is pretty much my life argument that no one seems to understand.

Also I dislike guys that want to marry Japanese girls because they all believe that Japanese girls are just like Haruhi Suzumiya or some other one of their favorites.

ALSO need I explain how much I dislike the "Omg that is kawaii, onii~ desu chan!" people
    Last edited by FstSergeant8595; 11-26-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Junior Member dragon04779 is on a distinguished road dragon04779's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2015 04:47 PM
    Threads

Talking Re: Worst type of anime fan?

My favorite anime is sailor moon and fairy tail I love it so much sailor moon and nastu are my favorite characters YAY!!!!

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ermmm what does your favourite anime has to do with the worst type of anime fans?

Well I can tell as a sailor moon fan myself that SM english speaking fandom is one of the worst

Junior Member CloudyHue is on a distinguished road CloudyHue's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2015 11:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: VampireKhajiit

The "fake" otaku:
    A fan I have seen all too often. Fake otakus usually fall under the category of people who have watched a few episodes of one anime/1-2 series in total and because if that, think they are a leading authority on anime and will judge everything they can get their slimy little fingers on even though in most cases, they haven't even seen it. Just because you looove your previous SAO so much and think it's the bestest anime ever created doesn't mean you should bash Log Horizon or the .hack series for being "terrible ripoffs" even though YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN REALLY LOOKED INTO THE SERIES YOU ARE BASHING, MUCH LESS WATCHED IT! (I am in no way saying that SAO is a bad anime or anything, not trying to offend anyone here!)

Also, fans who judge anime solely based on its art style:
    Luckily not extremely common, I still see fans who hate on an anime with an art style they may dislike. (If you don't want to watch something because you don't like the art style, there's nothing wrong with that, just don't go hating on that anime and saying it's bad because of said art style, okay?) There is no reason just to judge an anime on its art alone, that doesn't determine the entire quality of the show. It is part of it yes, but something with a good story, music, etc. that may have art someone may generally dislike shouldn't be regarded as bad because of that. I've seen a few animes where I downright hated the art style, but I liked overall because of its other qualities.

10. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenrou Nogitsune View Post
    Hmmm. Probably the weaboos who watch Naruto or Bleach first and say it's the best anime they ever seen. I mean come on, watch something less mainstream and then compare.
    anime fans who think their taste in chinese cartoons is superior because it isn't as popular as the other chinese cartoon.
    Last edited by Nanobyte; 09-25-2015 at 01:21 AM.

12. Likes Jean Markale, Astral_Mage liked this post
    つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I generally dislike Anime fans I'm the 14 to 16 year old range, and those that never grow out of that phase. And when they don't have other interests. I literally cringe when I think about 14 year old me. Which, coincidentally, is how old I was when I joined AF. Or was I 13. . .
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 09-25-2015 at 02:00 AM.

Junior Member Ibukii is on a distinguished road Ibukii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2015 11:14 AM
    Threads

I personally think that the anime fans that hate on mainstream anime without even seeing them first are the worst kind. And the second worst kind are the people that do nothing but watch anime because they think that it's all about the cute anime girls that you'd see if you searched "anime girl" on Tumblr.

15. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Member Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit will become famous soon enough Blue Spirit's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2015 02:59 AM
    Threads

Not quite sure if this counts, but it really bothers me when I read people complain and bash about certain anime saying how stupid it is, how it's obvious who the culprit is (I'm watching Rokka no Yuusha and it's about six Braves destined to defeat the Demon God and there's a seventh Brave so they have to figure out who the fake one is) or how slow the story is and such. I mean, if you don't like where the story is going or don't think it's something you can see yourself enjoying, then why do you keep watching the anime? The solution is quite simple -- just stop watching and stop complaining about it. We all have different tastes about everything, and we don't need to hear people badmouthing about something that we might like.

When I look for new anime or go through the recommendations from my sister or friends, I will usually look for information on wikipedia, watch a few episodes and then decide whether I want to keep watching or move onto something else. It happens that I don't even bother with some that don't really catch my immediate interest, but I think that's pretty much common about most things in life.

17. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tenrou Nogitsune View Post
    Another thing I hate about anime fans are the ones who can never finish a series because, a) they think it's too long or b) they don't like it. Give a series a go until the end, then you can judge it.
    I disagree 100%. I don't have to eat the second half of a bowl of crummy soup in order to know the whole thing is not to my liking.

Member Ai-no-Miko is on a distinguished road Ai-no-Miko's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2016 02:14 AM
    Threads

The hyperactive ones really get on my nerves, like really get on my nerves. Sadly most of these fans are girls, and sadly most of them are into bishounen and the yaoi, shounen ai, etc. genres. My husband and I clearly remember an anime convention about ten years ago where one of the video rooms was showing the first couple episodes of DNAngel, well the scene came along where Krad and Dark are first confronting one another and the room was just filled with screaming girls. So luckily my husband was even intimidating back in his teenage years and he shouted in his most commanding voice for them to shut up, the room was quiet for the rest of the show. Dealing with these kinds of screaming fans, even on message boards is trying at the best of times; they never tend to listen to reason and character a has to be getting freaky with character b because there's so much "evidence" to support their theories. I also find them incredibly disrespectful to other fans, and some of the more hardcore weebs will call you a homophobe if you show the slightest inclination that you don't like the pairing, show, whatever.
    The only other fans to really get under my skin are purists. They're those fans who insist that if you don't watch anime in subtitles you're doing something wrong. Uhg, the time I've wasted arguing with these guys is insane, and I tend not to try and bother anymore.

20. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Junior Member Kriking is on a distinguished road Kriking's Avatar
    Gil
    Starving
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2015 06:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kriking

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Markale View Post
    I disagree 100%. I don't have to eat the second half of a bowl of crummy soup in order to know the whole thing is not to my liking.
    Well said

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ai-no-Miko View Post
    The only other fans to really get under my skin are purists. They're those fans who insist that if you don't watch anime in subtitles you're doing something wrong. Uhg, the time I've wasted arguing with these guys is insane, and I tend not to try and bother anymore.
    even though I personally watch everything in its original form, I'm not one to judge another for their choices. That being said, there are cases of very badly dubbed stuff, butchered to no end, (sailor moon being one of the worst cases) that the story is not the same anymore, so when someone comes to debate with me over sailor moon stuff precisely, the least they have to do for me to take them seriously is to have watched the series with Japanese audio. Otherwise their opinion in this particular work is not valid at all. If that makes me a purist or elitist or whatever, then so be it.
    If they insist on making a certain couple into cousins, couple of characters with different gender, and that the protagonist is an annoying idiot, I have every right to tell them to watch the damn original before they ever try to talk about characters, personalities and plots.

23. Thanks Jean Markale thanked for this post
    Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 星らぶ View Post
    even though I personally watch everything in its original form, I'm not one to judge another for their choices. That being said, there are cases of very badly dubbed stuff, butchered to no end, (sailor moon being one of the worst cases) that the story is not the same anymore, so when someone comes to debate with me over sailor moon stuff precisely, the least they have to do for me to take them seriously is to have watched the series with Japanese audio. Otherwise their opinion in this particular work is not valid at all. If that makes me a purist or elitist or whatever, then so be it.
    If they insist on making a certain couple into cousins, couple of characters with different gender, and that the protagonist is an annoying idiot, I have every right to tell them to watch the damn original before they ever try to talk about characters, personalities and plots.
    I wish I could hit "Thank" multiple times for this post.
    HONTOU NI ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!
    Last edited by Jean Markale; 10-31-2015 at 11:59 AM.

25. Thanks 星らぶ thanked for this post
    Likes 星らぶ liked this post
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Markale View Post
    I wish I could hit "Thank" multiple times for this post.
    HONTOU NI ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!
    どういたしまして( *^艸^)

27. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

The ones that love Naruto! Naw, just kidding, it's the hyper critical and hyper cynical fans that seem to hate just about every series, especially the harem anime series. If you ever have read the reviews, or so called entries, in The Anime Encyclopedia, you will see what I mean, the authors are supposed to be anime fans? They seem to criticize or hate a lot of series they write about, they are very cynical too, just see what they have written about Negima or Ah! My Goddess if you ever get a chance to read this book, (they may have a copy at a library). The authors of this book are the worst anime fans ever!!!!!!!!!!

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

I loath the fans that diss older anime because of the "art style". Like, what the actual hell is that? Just because an art style is different than a new, modern kind doesn't mean it's a terrible anime/manga. It really angers me and people who do that I automatically dismiss as an anime fan.

Like I can understand preferring newer styles over older styles, but to completely dismiss an anime and not even bother to watch it solely based on art style really doesn't make much sense.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Member Lady Subaru92 is on a distinguished road Lady Subaru92's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2016 03:41 PM
    Threads

Blue Seed is one of those classics.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    I loath the fans that diss older anime because of the "art style". Like, what the actual hell is that? Just because an art style is different than a new, modern kind doesn't mean it's a terrible anime/manga. It really angers me and people who do that I automatically dismiss as an anime fan.

Like I can understand preferring newer styles over older styles, but to completely dismiss an anime and not even bother to watch it solely based on art style really doesn't make much sense.
    I won't watch an anime if I don't like the art style though. It just turns me off. Like Gurren Laagen or whatever it's called I couldn't get into. This wasn't a big change but when Inuyasha first aired it was a good art styles to me then it kind of changed later on in the series. Family guy did the same thing but I didn't mind that one as much because it's just a funny show to me. Inuyasha just stopped being as real to me after that though

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 星らぶ View Post
    I just saw where you put Sailor Moon but I was about to say the same thing. I was disappointed when I would read online posts about what really happened and America dubbed it because they were trying to appeal to a younger audience. Which worked in their favor. Was a very popular show. All my friends who don't even know what anime was watched Sailor Moon when they were little. I'm on season 5 now which is in Japanese so I have no complaints

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Quote Originally Posted by Maleliz1992 View Post
    I won't watch an anime if I don't like the art style though. It just turns me off. Like Gurren Laagen or whatever it's called I couldn't get into. This wasn't a big change but when Inuyasha first aired it was a good art styles to me then it kind of changed later on in the series. Family guy did the same thing but I didn't mind that one as much because it's just a funny show to me. Inuyasha just stopped being as real to me after that though
    Now that I do understand. If you are used to one art style of a certain show and the show suddenly changes it, it can be pretty confusing and most of the time the animation ends up looking worse.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

32. Likes Lady Subaru92 liked this post
    Member Lady Subaru92 is on a distinguished road Lady Subaru92's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2016 03:41 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Mantis View Post
    Well the reason I like dubbed anime is because I have two kids and a house to maintain and I don't have time to look at the tv screen the whole time reading subtitles. I have to literally set back a certain time that I can watch the Japanese version and it has to be when I have absolutely nothing else to do.

Member Meruem is on a distinguished road Meruem's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 12:47 PM
    Threads

I hate people that judge the anime by just looking at the main character.
    This is what I mean

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

the types of modern fans that do not seem to realize that there were in fact such a thing as Attractive and/or Lovable Anime Charas
    before 2010, or often enough, 2000 or 1990, even.

Anime has been around for Decades, and the more one appreciates the major, minor, and even not-so-classic classics of decades bygone,
    the greater the appreciation they can develop for a great many Anime tropes
    that many out there probably do not realize have actually in fact been around for a very long time indeed,
    and, often enough, have been executed in the past in far superior ways that the mean average Anime of today
    all too often tend to seem utterly incapable of properly imitating in any effective way...
    Last edited by Tasuke; 01-23-2016 at 03:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information