AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Ghoul √A Speculation/Opinions

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tokyo Ghoul √A Speculation/Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Happyblossom View Post
    I read somewhere that the season is named Root A which means it's gonna take a different route (root) concerning Aogiri (A) so I think Ishida not liking the first season maybe a reason for the change, but also that she had another way for the manga in mind and is trying it out?

Just saying.

That does make sense.

Actually, that might be pretty accurate tbh.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

With the bizarrely named "Root of A," Tokyo Ghoul resumes as if it never left at all. The first episode of this second season is immediate, intense, climactic, and could easily serve as the "episode 13" to the first season, as if nothing had ever changed. Yet, several very important things have changed. So many things have changed that it's hard to cover them all, but I can certainly try.
    For one thing, Studio Pierrot has apparently been given money! To animate the show! Saints be praised! (I guess calling on those saints constantly in the first season's ED theme must have paid off. More likely it had something to do with season one becoming a smash hit, though.) While the show was always impeccably, cinematically directed, it had to be impressive in spite of its low animation budget, but if this episode is any indication, that problem has been remedied to some extent. It's exciting to think that Shuhei Morita might get more actual frames to work with in his action scenes, and that early promise is already given legs in this fight-packed returning episode.
    For another thing, this second season has been touted as not only a conclusive one for the story, but also an anime-only story created and approved by the original manga author. It's a neat scenario that rarely happens, and its unique decisions are already evident in this starting episode, where Kaneki makes a drastically different decision from the one he made at this point in the manga. It's not different for different's sake, thankfully. The show communicates Kaneki's change in perspective (and personality) beautifully through silent, carefully composed shots. Even without the extended torture scene packed with dialogue that led up to this shift in character, this returning episode goes out of its way to illustrate Kaneki's new mindset through the visuals alone. (Episode 12 was a divisive conclusion, but I personally fell on the "brilliant and ballsy" side of the divide, if that tells you anything.)
    For yet another third thing, there was no censoring this episode, and it wasn't for lack of disgusting imagery. (Get queasy watching ghouls eat other ghouls alive? Well, then I have bad news for you!) Either Funimation has been given uncensored versions of episodes or Tokyo MX has lightened up on Tokyo Ghoul. Whatever the reason, it's good news for viewers who were sick of all the black bars and ridiculous negative photo filters.
    But most importantly of all, Kaneki himself has changed, permanently. The new season's extremely minimalist opener makes it clear that this conclusive, anime-only version of the story is going to be all about his psyche, featuring a shot of his face changing gradually over time to intentionally disturbing music. It is heartening but also sad that this episode starts with a shot of his good friend Hide circling his bike around the battle going down at Aogiri Tree's base. We all know there's nothing he can do for Kaneki now, and it'll be interesting to discover what role the story has been preparing for him now that his best friend has been thoroughly de-human'ed.
    All these exciting new changes aside, this conclusion to the battle with Aogiri Tree only implies the start to a much greater war, where the bid for Kaneki's fate matters even more than the fate of the city. It's all action-action-action, climax-climax-climax, blood-blood-GORE until a few quiet moments of tragic reflection near the very end. Expertly directed, nicely animated, and absolutely disgusting: it's good to get more Tokyo Ghoul.

Source: Anime News Network

3. Thanks Happyblossom thanked for this post
    Likes Happyblossom liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Snowman PPG Blossom Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2020 02:10 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    Hoh! That's actually pretty clever. I was wondering about the root/route correlation for a while at one point but I couldn't figure out the A part because I fail. That makes sense though! But, I do still hope the original storyline gets its own adaption later on.
    I agree. It'd be awesome if the whole thing is re-animated like they did with FMA. With the sequel :re to go along, of course.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

But heck I'm disappointed with the latest episode.
    SoundCloud: Angery
    Short covers on Instagram: @project_mercury
    YouTubes: Angery Project Mercury

- views and any interaction all appreciated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member awww-jaegerl will become famous soon enough awww-jaegerl's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2015 03:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't know what to think with this anime anymore. I'll admit, I still HAVEN'T read the manga all the way through. But from what a lot of my friends are saying, this anime is tarnishing the 'Tokyo Ghoul' name. I mean with the first season, I was so confused as to what the hell was happening. Like what the actual what man. And I heard that this season is deviating AWAY from the manga even more.

I had to read the manga in order to understand it, and I feel like that's just a huge sign of how poorly executed the first season of this anime was. A 6-month division between the first and second seasons? I'm pretty sure the animation is nothing far from mediocre. But now that Ishida is taking charge, I hope it'll come back to be better in the least. I'm just going to wait back and see how TG can reclaim its own name.

I hope I'm proven wrong, because eh.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by awww-jaegerl View Post
    I don't know what to think with this anime anymore. I'll admit, I still HAVEN'T read the manga all the way through. But from what a lot of my friends are saying, this anime is tarnishing the 'Tokyo Ghoul' name. I mean with the first season, I was so confused as to what the hell was happening. Like what the actual what man. And I heard that this season is deviating AWAY from the manga even more.

I had to read the manga in order to understand it, and I feel like that's just a huge sign of how poorly executed the first season of this anime was. A 6-month division between the first and second seasons? I'm pretty sure the animation is nothing far from mediocre. But now that Ishida is taking charge, I hope it'll come back to be better in the least. I'm just going to wait back and see how TG can reclaim its own name.

I hope I'm proven wrong, because eh.
    Deviating from the manga isn't a bad thing as long as the product is good.

The product seems fine to me.

Member awww-jaegerl will become famous soon enough awww-jaegerl's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2015 03:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I suppose you're right. But everywhere I am, people are always degrading the anime itself. It makes me think that there is something wrong with it; it's like I'm always picking out anything that doesn't seem right.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by awww-jaegerl View Post
    I suppose you're right. But everywhere I am, people are always degrading the anime itself. It makes me think that there is something wrong with it; it's like I'm always picking out anything that doesn't seem right.
    You can think of it this way.

Root A is just an alternate version following the events at the end of the meeting with Aogiri Tree. Say for instance in the Manga Kaneki has become Haise. Root A shows that Kaneki has decided to side with the Ghouls. I don't know much about the anime itself, but this is what I have picked up from it. It should feel more like the Tokyo Ghoul you like since it is being writtien by the mangaka. As I have mentioned a number of times. I read solely the manga and do not watch the anime cause I will just get dissappointed.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dat centipede.?

Kaneki going boss?

Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Dat centipede.?

Kaneki going boss?
    but reverts back to his old self, saying,
    "I don't want to eat anymore"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

but reverts back to his old self, saying,
    "I don't want to eat anymore"
    Yeah, was dissapointed. Centipede scene felt lackluster.

I expected more.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah, was dissapointed. Centipede scene felt lackluster.

I expected more.
    That happened in the manga too though. What kinda irked me was that Amon stopped attacking him then. But I guess it's just me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That happened in the manga too though. What kinda irked me was that Amon stopped attacking him then. But I guess it's just me.
    Oh did it? Didn't know that tbh.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Oh did it? Didn't know that tbh.
    I mean, he did say that line. I don't remember when though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Which fight? Cause the last fight with Kaneki as Centiped was with Arima. And he said that he did not want to eat humans anymore and that is when he started to fall into eating other Ghouls which would grow his Ghoulish abilities.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    Which fight? Cause the last fight with Kaneki as Centiped was with Arima. And he said that he did not want to eat humans anymore and that is when he started to fall into eating other Ghouls which would grow his Ghoulish abilities.
    Yeah, that fight, except that in the anime it's in Cochlea.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, that fight, except that in the anime it's in Cochlea.
    Ah I see. I am going to yell at Ikore who is the tranlsator for TKG:re and tell him to get back to releasing on Friday. I need something else to idle me through my weekend. I can't do it on The Breaker: New Waves alone.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I mean, he did say that line. I don't remember when though.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the length of the Centipede fight.

I just thought it was going to last longer because so many people hyped up the centipede haha.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Ah I see. I am going to yell at Ikore who is the tranlsator for TKG:re and tell him to get back to releasing on Friday. I need something else to idle me through my weekend. I can't do it on The Breaker: New Waves alone.
    You know the translator? Cool.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the length of the Centipede fight.

I just thought it was going to last longer because so many people hyped up the centipede haha.
    True that. That kinda ended impactless-ly

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. Likes Anime Forum liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Though, I hope it comes back.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Though, I hope it comes back.
    It will at one point if it becomes anything like the manga.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It will at one point if it becomes anything like the manga.
    Oh, good. Show is headiing into a direction though.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You know the translator? Cool.

True that. That kinda ended impactless-ly

Know is a pretty strong word. I have talked to him a couple of times. He also does a lot of the translations on Mangastream so that is how I have know about him.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Know is a pretty strong word. I have talked to him a couple of times. He also does a lot of the translations on Mangastream so that is how I have know about him.
    Oh. I've seen his comments on the latest chapter of TKG :re on Imperial Scans tho.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh. I've seen his comments on the latest chapter of TKG :re on Imperial Scans tho.
    Well if you have not noticed. I am not sure how much of mangastream you follow. But Once MS drops a series it goes to Imperial Scans kind of like UQ Holder and Area D! Ikore does translations for MS and Imperial

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Well if you have not noticed. I am not sure how much of mangastream you follow. But Once MS drops a series it goes to Imperial Scans kind of like UQ Holder and Area D! Ikore does translations for MS and Imperial
    Oh. I don't really read on MangaStream since I prefer MangaTank better, and just started reading TKG :re on Imperial Scans since it seems faster.

We're kinda drifting away from the topic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information