AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bad Shonen Anime!

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Bad Shonen Anime!

Q: Which anime series (plural) was so bad that you couldn't stomach it?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Junior Member InvaderBen is on a distinguished road InvaderBen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2017 07:03 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Bad Shonen Anime!

I'll probably get a lot a hate for this, but I'll say Naruto Shippuuden. I just didn't like how the whole thing was developed in the end and the plot was horrible at times. Naruto was fine, but the plot and the characters became such a mess that it was pretty hard not to want to smash my head against a wall.

TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2017 09:39 AM
    Threads

Unhappy Re: Bad Shonen Anime!

My personal opinion?

Boku no Hero Academia.

I think I made it through about two or three episodes, but the constant pathetic whining & self-debasing introspection of the "weak & powerless" protagonist really did grate on me.

I'm sure he improves and "powers up" as the series goes on, but I just don't have the time for that sort of thing nowadays. It was the atypical stuttering loser archetype from the get-go, and in the worst possible way.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

For me it was Black Bullet. It felt like a montage of a series rather than a coherent storyline. And there were too many pedo jokes which were in bad taste.

Junior Member InvaderBen is on a distinguished road InvaderBen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2017 07:03 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    For me it was Black Bullet. It felt like a montage of a series rather than a coherent storyline. And there were too many pedo jokes which were in bad taste.
    That grozit was horrible as well. Complete bullshit.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pokémon's later series with Sarah Natochenny. Is that how you say her name?

Anyway, Pokémon's opening songs have gotten worse over time. That's just my opinion.

Junior Member Antonio94 is on a distinguished road Antonio94's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2017 03:44 AM
    Threads

Sadly I think I have to go for Berserk anime (though I really prefer the manga). At first I've heard that the Berserk anime is bad, and turned out I can't like the animation. It felt to clunky, though I know that I can't judge an anime by animation alone but sorry... I'm expecting badass Guts swinging his Dragonslayer like a boss...

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderBen View Post
    I'll probably get a lot a hate for this, but I'll say Naruto Shippuuden. I just didn't like how the whole thing was developed in the end and the plot was horrible at times. Naruto was fine, but the plot and the characters became such a mess that it was pretty hard not to want to smash my head against a wall.
    I think I agree with you at certain point, especially the 6 Pein Arcs. Everything felt really messed up at that point and it's also the time Naruto has the power of "mind-control" when he persuaded Nagato. This also applies with the 4th Ninja War when he "persuaded" Obito... Ok I don't know how logic it might be but it's certainly cliche...

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderBen View Post
    I could not stomach Naruto. I found the characters unconvincing and the story line routine.

The same for Hunter X Hunter. Seen it all before.

Knights of Sidonia was OK. I just wish they got rid of that stupid bear who runs a cafe. What the hell is that all about?
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 06-16-2017 at 04:45 PM.

9. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@PictureGuy : You didn't like Hunter X Hunter? Haven't seen that one yet, so your post discourages me from seeing it. 'course I should watch it and be my own judge of it, but that mini-review has me feeling like I should drop it from my "must-see" list.

Member KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2017 11:11 PM
    Threads

One Piece. The show got so drawn out that I could not stand watching it, but anything with a ton of filler loses my attention. And fillers seem to happen with a lot of shonen anime.
    Procrastinators for the win!

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon___Sommelier View Post
    @PictureGuy : You didn't like Hunter X Hunter? Haven't seen that one yet, so your post discourages me from seeing it. 'course I should watch it and be my own judge of it, but that mini-review has me feeling like I should drop it from my "must-see" list.
    Judge for yourself. It's just for me its juvenile characters more fitting for a kids' anime put into an adult anime. It's a very poor mix.

Quote Originally Posted by KageNoNeko View Post
    One Piece. The show got so drawn out that I could not stand watching it, but anything with a ton of filler loses my attention. And fillers seem to happen with a lot of shonen anime.
    Most long anime series get that way. They often get redundant. Look at Inuyasha after the first 70 episodes. The next 70 were about the same.

But I got turned off One Piece after about five episodes. Again, juvenile characters fitted for a kids' anime put into an anime which at times may seem like it is more for adults. The character design is just awful.

May I add Neo-Genesis Evangeleon? There is not a single character in that show that I don't hate. Well, maybe Rei. But everyone else? I was routing for the Angels.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You didn't like Neon Genesis Evangelion either?! Wow, what a critic!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information