AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: " Guren no Yumiya " - Fails

Junior Member WeirdBaka is on a distinguished road WeirdBaka's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2015 11:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cathisch

Default " Guren no Yumiya " - Fails

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/shi...ennoyumiya.htm

First of all, I'd say that you use "Jaeger" and not "J�ger"
    In Germany we can also use ae for ä. (Jäger)

Also, after the
    " Seid ihr das Essen?
    Nein, wir sind der Jaeger! " - Part

Needs to be
    " Feuerroter Wald "
    (Fire-red forest)

Also, after the following text, is a whole german part missing

(+ die Jaeger, not der)
    " Wir sind der J�ger honoo no you ni atsuku!
    Wir sind der J�ger koori no you ni hiyayaka ni
    Wir sind der J�ger onore wo ya ni komete!
    Wir sind der J�ger subete wo tsuranuite ike! "

->
    " Angriff auf die Titanen
    (Attack on Titans)
    Der Junge von einst,
    (The boy from once)
    wird bald zum Schwert greifen
    (will soon grab the sword)

Wer nur seine Atemlosigkeit beklagt,
    (Who's just complaining about his breathlessness)
    kann nichts verändern
    (can't change anything)

Der Junge von einst,
    (The boy from once)
    Wird bald das schwarze Schwert ergreifen
    (will soon grab the black sword)
    Hass und Zorn, sind eine Zweischeibige Klinge
    (Hate and anger, are a double-edged blade)

Bald eines Tages,
    (Soon one day)
    Wird er den Schicksal die Zähne zeigen
    (He'll show destiny his teeth) "

I'm not sure if the translation is 100% correct, well, the grammar, but the german one is.
    Last edited by WeirdBaka; 12-31-2015 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Forgot one change

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: " Guren no Yumiya " - Fails

Sorry, the site handles special characters very badly, and I didn't realize (not having put that particular song up myself, and not really having looked at it) that those particular lyrics were throwing up errors left and right in place of umlauts. I'll fix that. (Though replacing them with basic-Latin letters, while it's something I've done in other cases, won't help in this case because there are a ton of other special characters in the song that can't be replaced.)

As for the rest, "der Jaeger" is what it says in the official lyrics, and is therefore considered the correct version by the standards of this site. In original lyrics (not translations), we don't care about what's grammatically correct, we care about what's official.

The official lyrics also don't include "Feuerroter Wald" or the German stanza you mention, so I'm not sure how to handle that as a correction. I feel like at the least, the original translator should have the chance to sign off on including it, but they seem to be a one-hit wonder who signed up to submit that song and then disappeared. Ah, well, on the off chance: @hayaterocks ?

Junior Member WeirdBaka is on a distinguished road WeirdBaka's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2015 11:31 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cathisch

It's not only a "Grammatical-Mistake", also whilst listening to it, I can cleary hear "Die Jäger"
    + the German part, it might not be official, yet, it's official in the song. So, why not?

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

I'm sorry, but what's in the lyrics booklet is what's official, and I'm not changing it. It's site policy. It sounds like "die" to me too, but it's being sung by someone with a Japanese accent who may very well be intending to say "der," who knows. "Der" is what he wrote and it's what we're going with.

As for "why not the stanza that's not in the lyrics booklet," one issue is that transcribing by ear can introduce errors and we can't be totally sure that those are the correct/intended lyrics, though this particular composer/lyricist is always leaving stuff out of the official lyrics and I myself usually try to include that stuff when I translate, unless I really can't tell what it's supposed to be. There's also the issue of dumping a stanza translated by someone entirely different into an existing translation; we don't really have a good way of handling credit for that, as the site is set up to allow only one person to be credited for each translation, and as I said, I also don't feel quite comfortable doing that without the original translator's approval.

Closed Thread

Thread Information