AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mahoromatic Lyric Discussion

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Default Mahoromatic Lyric Discussion

I have several half finished songs for this lyric challenge right now, and I was hoping that someone could assist me with one of them.

For some unknown reason, a song from my distant past entered my mind two weeks ago, and as more lyrics came to me, I realised to my horror that is was Mahoro de Mambo.
    Not sure how many people know it. Also for all I know, some of this stuff might be related to the anime itself. I personally can barely remember a thing about the anime apart from this song, so that's helpful, isn't it?

Here is the kanji for it.
    https://pastebin.com/JWD9AjGp

I mean, I should probably do the mental work in figuring this out for myself, but I think an outsider's opinion wouldn't hurt to settle my labyrinth of thoughts.
    In some parts, I wonder what to do about the dialect. I'll probably ignore it and just treat it as normal, though I had to research "ビックラこいた" despite suspecting what it probably was.
    That being said, how would you guys word this to sound... "normal"?
    「オラオラオラ しばくぞ コラ~」

ゴーイン(強引)でもいい 奪ってほしいのっ
    Is "ゴーイン" supposed to be "going", but they are implying "強引"? It sounds weird to me if that's the case - their interpretation of "going".

ほんじゃまか? お祭りさわぎ ワガママ 泣き虫
    What exactly is "ほんじゃまか"? Where does this come from?

待ってました こっからが勝負 乙女はよくばり
    あれも これも 全部がほしいのっ
    I tend to get thrown off when having to word "勝負". I usually go with a concept like "compete", but I don't know how well that would work this time. I understand it, I just can't see right now what angle I should take with it.

ちょっと待って ねえ待たないで 乙女の悶絶
    フラチな夢 わかって欲しいのっ
    Can't say that I'm really understanding "乙女の悶絶".

もっともっと 熱くなぁれ まほろDEまんぼー
    来週も 再来週も チャンネルロック
    This is the last part. "チャンネルロック". What is that? "Channel Lock"? "Channel Rock"?
    What do I do with this information? I don't get it.

Thank you in advance to any of you who can shine some insight here. ^_^
    Last edited by Hikarin; 04-11-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: Mahoromatic Lyric Discussion

I found this for ほんじゃま: https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.j...il/q1010817530. Not quite sure what adding か does to it, though; it's clearly A Thing but if you google it you just get the comedy duo by that name.

For "勝負", would something like "challenge" work (like, "the [real] challenge starts here")?

3. Thanks Hikarin thanked for this post
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

The katakana ゴーイン was probably there to indicate the accent (kinda like how foreign characters often 'speak' in katakana) and the kanji's just there to tell you what they were trying to say just in case.

こっからが勝負 (assuming I've read it right as a corruption of これからが勝負) is often translated as "the real competition/contest starts now" as a kinda fixed phrase (assuming it is meant to be)

5. Thanks Hikarin thanked for this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2020 12:43 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Senevir PSN ID: Senevir Steam ID: Senevir

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    I found this for ほんじゃま: https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.j...il/q1010817530. Not quite sure what adding か does to it, though; it's clearly A Thing but if you google it you just get the comedy duo by that name.

For "勝負", would something like "challenge" work (like, "the [real] challenge starts here")?
    Ahhh, thank you so much! "A Thing", indeed. Yeah, that was about the same luck that I was having googling it. Some comedy duo that I had never heard of. I thought, "This is clearly not 'The Thing'".
    Maybe it was slang that was popular a decade ago. Or maybe it's just region specific.

A decent suggestion. I'll bear that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuukanou View Post
    The katakana ゴーイン was probably there to indicate the accent (kinda like how foreign characters often 'speak' in katakana) and the kanji's just there to tell you what they were trying to say just in case.

こっからが勝負 (assuming I've read it right as a corruption of これからが勝負) is often translated as "the real competition/contest starts now" as a kinda fixed phrase (assuming it is meant to be)
    Oh~. I can see how that would be. Right. That simplifies things, then.

Pretty much. I had to double check that one as well, but I found it on Weblio which says that "こっから" comes from "ここから".
    I can't say that I'm familiar with that as a phrase, but I can understand it. Reading your response, I don't know why my brain didn't just translate verb to noun ("compete" to "competition"). Mind you, discovering the phrase helps a lot.

Many thanks to you both for those few points! ^_^
    Now I just have to figure out some of this other stuff.

Come and join me in FFXIV.
    Gaia Data Centre (Valefor) ~ Senevir Vae'talhrin | Chaos Data Centre (Omega) ~ Myrrh'a Afhkaar
    Elemental Data Centre (Atomos) ~ Kharsarnai Khrui | Mana Data Centre (Masamune) ~ Gakuto Ren

Have a lyrics request? Feel free to ask. Specialty - Vocaloid and other doujin music.
    Subject to availability.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information