AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fairy Tail Season 9 Ending, "Endless Harmony" translation attempt and discussion

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2019 07:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Fairy Tail Season 9 Ending, "Endless Harmony" translation attempt and discussion

Okay another translation in progress. This is from the ending of Fairy tail season nine this time.

EDIT: I went ahead and rearranged this translation based on feedback from other songs. I also checked the Kanji with https://www.uta-net.com/song/256506/

EDIT 2: Put in corrections in teal while striking out the old lyrics

"Endless Harmony" by Beverly featuring LOREN

(HARMONY)

眠りにつくまで
    君が微笑むまで
    何度だって傷ついた
    その心は何よりも美しい

nemuri ni tsukumade
    kimi ga hohoemu made
    nan'do datte kizu tsuita
    sono kokoro wa nani yori mo utsukushii

until I fall asleep
    until you smile
    no matter how many times I get hurt
    that heart above all else is beautiful

同じ空の下
    同じ星見上げて
    僕らが見た夢が今
    どうか叶いますよに

onaji sora no shita
    onaji hoshi miagete
    bokura ga mita yume ga ima
    dou kanaimasu yo ni

Under the same sky
    finding the same stars
    The dream we saw now
    somehow has come true

Looking up at the same stars
    the dream we saw has now
    somehow come true

願った未来はきっと
    その手で掴める

negatta mirai wa kitto
    sono te de tsukameru

That wished for future will certainly
    be caught in that hand

That hand will certainly be able
    to catch that wished for future

You will certainly be able to catch
    that future we wished for with your hand

この道の先に
    続くハーモニー
    繋がっていく

kono michi no saki ni
    tsudzuku haamonii
    tsunagatteiku

That road ahead,
    Unbroken Harmony,
    that is where it leads to

leads on to
    Unbroken Harmony

I feel pretty confident in this translation attempt so far. At the end here an exact translation would be more like "That road ahead leads to unbroken Harmony." That said, I feel that put this way gives it a more line by line translation feel even if I am being pretty loose in my translation of "tsunagatteiku" or "to link, to lead, to be related."

この夜を超えて
    明日を指す光
    導かれた運命が
    僕らを迎えに来るよ

kono yoru o koete
    ashita o sasu hikari
    michbikareta un'mei ga
    bokura o mukae ni kuru yo

Passing this night
    light pointing to tomorrow
    guided destiny
    comes to greet us!

Destiny guided by
    light pointing to tomorrow
    has come for us!

確かな答えはきっと
    この手で見つける

tashika na kotae wa kitto
    kono te de mitsukeru

A certain answer, for sure,
    This hand will find

This hand will find
    a definite answer

For sure, I will find
    a certain answer with this hand

迷わずに強く
    刻むメモリー
    走り続ける

mayowazu ni tsuyoku
    kazamu memorii
    hashiritsudzukeru

unwaivering strength
    engraved memory
    continues to run

Without wavering
    intensely engraved memories
    keep running

くじけそうでも
    いつでも君が
    信じることを教えてくれた

kujikesou demo
    itsudemo kimi ga
    shin'jiru koto o oshietekureta

Even though it seems disheartening
    you gave to me
    the teaching to always believe

you taught me
    to always beleive
    I want to translate the first line of the last stanza here as "Even though it seems heartbreaking" but I would probably be taking things too liberally doing that.

The last three lines of this stanza gave me trouble. I am not quite sure if it should be translated as "you taught me to believe anytime" or "you taught me that anytime you believe." or ""you taught me that you believe anytime."

I went with the latter. I also phrased it "you gave me the teaching" to show that the teaching was something done for singers benefit via the "-tekureta" construction. Then I arranged it the way I felt best made sense.

願った未来はきっと
    その手で掴める

negatta mirai wa kitto
    sono te de tsukameru

That wished for future will certainly
    be caught in that hand

That hand will certainly be able
    to catch that wished for future

この道の先に
    続くハーモニー
    繋がっていく

kono michi saki ni
    tsudzuku haamonii
    tsunagatteiku

that road ahead,
    unbroken harmony,
    that is where it leads to

leads on to
    Unbroken Harmony

The official lyrics end here. HOWEVER, if you listen to the song it is obvious that the singer keeps on singing in english. I did my best to add what she sings here.

OHH OHH EHH EHH
    OHH OHH OHH OHH

ENDLESS HARMONY
    JUST YOU AND ME
    AND I GOT YOU
    WE GOT TO MAKE IT RIGHT AGAIN

OHH OHH
    ENDLESS HARMONY GOT YOU AND
    I-I OH OH OH YEAH YEAH
    YOU GOT ME WE GOT TO WIN TONIGHT

MMM HMMM

Since these lyrics are already in english, there is no need to write a translate here :P

So any screw up, corrections, criticism or suggestions?
    Last edited by Lost247365; 10-27-2018 at 11:56 PM. Reason: quick corrections before anyone sees the mistakes and types :P
    迷いだということまで私達は自分達を見つけり始まれない

ヘンリーデイヴィッドソロー

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: Fairy Tail Season 9 Ending, "Endless Harmony" translation attempt and discussion

同じ星見上げて
    見上げる means "to look up".

僕らが見た夢が今
    どうか叶いますよに
    While "The dream we saw now / somehow has come true" is technically not ungrammatical for a sentence where "now" applies to when the dream came true and not when the dream was seen, it is kind of confusing and will probably take most people a minute to understand correctly, especially with the line break right after "now". I would move things around a little--"The dream we saw has now / somehow come true" would be fine, for example.

確かな答えはきっと
    この手で見つける
    Note that it's この手で and not この手は, so there's an implied subject here.

迷わずに強く
    The -く makes this an adverb, not a noun.

いつでも君が
    信じることを教えてくれた
    "You gave me the teaching" sounds really, really awkward in English. I think the fact that this teaching benefits the speaker is implied and you shouldn't twist sentences into weird shapes to make it explicit.

3. Thanks Lost247365 thanked for this post
    Likes Lost247365 liked this post
    Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Fairy Tail Season 9 Ending, "Endless Harmony" translation attempt and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    見上げる means "to look up".
    I have no idea how I managed to mess that one up. Correcting it at once.

While "The dream we saw now / somehow has come true" is technically not ungrammatical for a sentence where "now" applies to when the dream came true and not when the dream was seen, it is kind of confusing and will probably take most people a minute to understand correctly, especially with the line break right after "now". I would move things around a little--"The dream we saw has now / somehow come true" would be fine, for example.
    Alright, consider it changed!

Note that it's この手で and not この手は, so there's an implied subject here.
    I am a little confused on this one.

願った未来はきっと
    その手で掴める

I was taking the その手で掴める to mean that the future (subject) was caught (verb) in the context (de particle) of "that hand." So originally, I translated it more or less as:

"The wished for future will certainly be caught in that hand." However, after some conversations here about moving sentences around for a better english translation I rearragned the sentence to "That hand will certainly be able
    to catch that wished for future" was this a mistake or am I completely misconstruing what the sentence is saying?

The same thing with 確かな答えはきっとこの手で見つける. I originally translated it as "A certain answer, for sure, this hand will find." Then I reworded it to "This hand will find a definite answer" Should I have left it as it was?

The -く makes this an adverb, not a noun.
    Ah! I see. Thank you again!

"You gave me the teaching" sounds really, really awkward in English. I think the fact that this teaching benefits the speaker is implied and you shouldn't twist sentences into weird shapes to make it explicit.
    Changing it now. I guess sometimes it is better to lose the nuance in order to avoid awkward constructions.

AND A BIG THANK YOU for all your help on this and other songs!

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Sorry, since there was already a は there, I should have said it's not その手が. は isn't necessarily a subject marker (though it can be); it's a topic marker. Sometimes the topic is not the subject of the sentence. 願った未来 is actually functioning as the object here--you can see that because 掴める isn't in the passive form (掴められる), which you would expect it to be if 願った未来 were to be the subject ("the future we wished for will be caught by..."). So if 願った未来 isn't the subject, and その手 isn't the subject, there must be something else that's implied.

Note also that when referring to body parts, この usually means "my" and その usually means "your."

Does that help?
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 10-31-2018 at 11:24 AM.

6. Thanks Lost247365 thanked for this post
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I believe so. But just to be sure

願った未来はきっと
    その手で掴める

negatta mirai wa kitto
    sono te de tsukameru

Thanks again
    迷いだということまで私達は自分達を見つけり始まれない

ヘンリーデイヴィッドソロー

8. Likes EJTranslations liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

You got it!

10. Thanks Lost247365 thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information