AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What genre should our manga be?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Action

1 4.00%
  • Comedy

4 16.00%
  • Ecchi

4 16.00%
  • Mecha

5 20.00%
  • Supernatural

4 16.00%
  • Yuri or Yaoi

2 8.00%
  • Moe

0 0%
  • Multiple (explain the genres via post)

5 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: May 1st 2015: Community Project: Let's create an anime!

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: May 1st 2015: Community Project: Let's create an anime!

Alright, looking over the thread now.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick! has a reputation beyond repute 360 FistKick!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2016 09:36 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DFmongy

It seems I have a lot or reading to do before I make any suggestions but I'll get around to it. Probably.

All the world will be your enemy, prince with a thousand enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... But first they must catch you.

Member Nathan Warford is on a distinguished road Nathan Warford's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:33 PM
    Threads

I might be able to come up with some concepts for terrain and layouts of cities/hotspots/etc. Mind you, these won't be fully rendered, professional-looking works of art. I'm very good at conceptualizing and visualizing sets and objects, but rather lacking when it comes to drawings those sets and objects. I can make roughs that can be rendered by better artists than I.

One thing that needs to be established before laying out terrain and communities is the setting. I think that based on the ideas that we have so far, the possible settings are 1) futuristic Earth, 2) post-apocalyptic Earth, and 3) space/alien worlds. The setting will dictate how much freedom we have to create the layouts that we want.

4. Likes Aricc the Lost liked this post
    Senior Member ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2015 05:52 PM
    Threads

how about space or futuristic
    these two give us the most freedom, also space can let us invent different races and maybe even an origin for aura, that said how about we call this project aurora?
    Made by the fantabulous Neshi-chwaan (Nesh)

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneBelgianGuy View Post
    how about space or futuristic
    these two give us the most freedom, also space can let us invent different races and maybe even an origin for aura, that said how about we call this project aurora?
    Holy crap. I agree with everything you just said!

I vote for space because we can create layouts for entire continents if we wanted to.
    Last edited by Nathan Warford; 05-28-2015 at 05:15 AM.

Senior Member ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy has a reputation beyond repute ThatOneBelgianGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Warford View Post
    Holy crap. I agree with everything you just said!

I vote for space because we can create layouts for entire continents if we wanted to.
    Ok if everybody's okay with it, the setting will be space also now we're not restricted to japanese, but to be safe let's make the MC from japanese decent and the rest from other countries and/or other races

8. Likes Aricc the Lost liked this post
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why do the best ideas always come to me when I should be doing homework and/or when I'm terribly sleep deprived?

MC's name: I was thinking about the idea that @DeathBlade/13.666 had about giving the characters numbers for names. Maybe our MC has one of the most powerful auras of the monsters, and so was given the designation of A-01 (A being his rank, 01 being the most powerful of that rank). But none of the monsters know what A-01 means until maybe half-way through the series; that could be a big twist. (Another possible twist later in the series could be that S-rank monsters exist as well.) After escaping, the monsters would probably have a desire for more human names, so the MC's comrades give him the nickname Aoi not only because of his blue aura, but also due to its resemblance to his designation.

Title: After doing a bit of digging on Japanese words and pronunciations, I think that the series should actually have three titles: one in Kanji, one in Kana, and one in English.
    The Kanji title would be 青い極光 (あおい・きょくこう (aoi kyokukou)). It literally translates as "Blue Aurora".

The Kana title would be アオイ・オーラ (aoi oora). It's kind of a play on words. While it literally translates as "Blue Aura", it also sounds similar to アウローラ (auroora), the Japanese word for the Roman goddess of dawn Aurora, from which the English word is derived.

The English title will simply be Aurora, just as @ThatOneBelgianGuy suggested.
    Last edited by Nathan Warford; 05-28-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why do the best ideas always come to me when I should be doing homework and/or when I'm terribly sleep deprived?

MC's name: I was thinking about the idea that @DeathBlade/13.666 had about giving the characters numbers for names. Maybe our MC has one of the most powerful auras of the monsters, and so was given the designation of A-01 (A being his rank, 01 being the most powerful of that rank). But none of the monsters know what A-01 means until maybe half-way through the series; that could be a big twist. (Another possible twist later in the series could be that S-rank monsters exist as well.) After escaping, the monsters would probably have a desire for more human names, so the MC's comrades give him the nickname Aoi not only because of his blue aura, but also due to its resemblance to his designation.

Title: After doing a bit of digging on Japanese words and pronunciations, I think that the series should actually have three titles: one in Kanji, one in Kana, and one in English.
    The Kanji title would be 青い極光 (あおい・きょくこう (aoi kyokukou)). It literally translates as "Blue Aurora".

The Kana title would be アオイ・オーラ (aoi oora). It's kind of a play on words. While it literally translates as "Blue Aura", it also sounds similar to アウローラ (auroora), the Japanese word for the Roman goddess of dawn Aurora, from which the English word is derived.

The English title will simply be Aurora, just as @ThatOneBelgianGuy suggested.
    Okay now we have a title and the name will then be A01 using the codes as names, for human names that will be confirmed later on, but for now Aoi=A01, I'll make a full character personality, a small description of his looks and some history for the MC by tomorrow, then the artists @RyuTama , @Metaphasic , @Aricc the Lost , can start drawing an MC and like this there'll be some competition as to who has the best design for him

11. Thanks Aricc the Lost thanked for this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Finally an idea of my own! XD (This week's been rough)

Character: S1T4 4R1NC4 [Sita Arinca, pronounced (See-ta Ah-rin-ka)] (Arinca comes from the name of the mech which comes from the mech's serial number.), call sign Spade. Gender, assumed male (will work a plot twist in for a shocker). Short reddish-brown hair, medium fade with a little tufted/slight curly ridge on the crown. Average height, yet slightly stocky build (more masculine, even). Sole mechanic of own suit(s), with extensive knowledge of their workings and hidden manuals for troubleshooting problems tucked away on small drive. Won't allow anyone to touch own suit let alone attempt to work on it (mostly due to pride, not wanting anyone to mess up her settings or her suit, and not wanting anyone to find her secret stashes of things hidden all over the suit). But is sought out by others to help fix and set their suits. [Think Leona Ozaki and Bonaparte from Dominion Tank Police/New Dominion Tank Police, only more technical and handy with maintenance]

Smaller Mech name: Jàtoca (Zhay-o-ka)
    Larger Mech name: Jàtote (Zhay-oat)

Aura/Magic power: Zauber ('Tsauba)
    Pilot title: Zauberer ('Tsaubera)
    Process to convert pilots to magical ones: Zauberhaft ('Tsauber-hawft)
    [Note: Zauber = German for magic, spell, enchantment. Zauberer = German for Magician, Sorcerer, Witch. Zauberhaft = German for enchanting, casting.]
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

13. Likes ThatOneBelgianGuy liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok so here's the MC
    ---------------------
    Name: A01 (Aoi)

Personality: A01 is a very friendly and social guy, he's also an airhead and doesn't really think before he acts. He always likes to have some fun and tends to get bored quite easily. So whenever he fights you'll most likely see him have fun while doing it. That's just the kind of guy he is.
    But, even tho this rarely happens, he can get mad and when he's mad... well you're for quite a beating. When A01 gets mad he's just filled with rage and will not listen to reason until he has his revenge.

History: Aoi grew up in the slums of Tokyo and never knew his parents, he was raised by an old woman who lived there. She taught him to always be kind and to never get into trouble with the local gangs who abused their aura's. One day, when he came back from the grocery store on a rainy day, he saw that the house was a mess, everything was broken and smashed to pieces. He then saw the old woman laying on the ground, dead.
    This is when his TRUE power was awakened, his rage fueled the young A01 (probably 10 or something) aura. He went to the hideout of the closest gang and the one that had been troubling them the most. There he killed all of them.
    It was then he was noticed by the (bad guys of the main plot, which I'm guessing we're calling Aurora something) and then got taken in by them.
    Even after all this he remained the soft and friendly airhead we know today, just don't mess with him.
    (this is the pretty much why he became part of the project, sooo much aura)

Looks:
    Aoi's got a slightly above average length and is muscular, he's got mid-long brown hair (some cool design ) and yellow-ish eyes.
    After the experiment he becomes A01 and his hair becomes blue (color of his aura) and undergoes a mutation which makes him even stronger than the standard army issue mech.
    He usually wears his usual clothes (FREEDOM FOR THE ARTISTS!!!), but after the experiment he needs to wear specialized clothes (like all the subjects) since his normal ones can't resist his aura. (MORE FREEDOM)

tadah hope this is a good MC for you guys

P.S.: The mutation can be whatever but I was kinda thinking something like Fairy Tail's dragon mode
    from this

to this
    [COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Finally an idea of my own! XD (This week's been rough)

Character: S1T4 4R1NC4 [Sita Arinca, pronounced (See-ta Ah-rin-ka)] (Arinca comes from the name of the mech which comes from the mech's serial number.), call sign Spade. Gender, assumed male (will work a plot twist in for a shocker). Short reddish-brown hair, medium fade with a little tufted/slight curly ridge on the crown. Average height, yet slightly stocky build (more masculine, even). Sole mechanic of own suit(s), with extensive knowledge of their workings and hidden manuals for troubleshooting problems tucked away on small drive. Won't allow anyone to touch own suit let alone attempt to work on it (mostly due to pride, not wanting anyone to mess up her settings or her suit, and not wanting anyone to find her secret stashes of things hidden all over the suit). But is sought out by others to help fix and set their suits. [Think Leona Ozaki and Bonaparte from Dominion Tank Police/New Dominion Tank Police, only more technical and handy with maintenance]

Smaller Mech name: Jàtoca (Zhay-o-ka)
    Larger Mech name: Jàtote (Zhay-oat)

Aura/Magic power: Zauber ('Tsauba)
    Pilot title: Zauberer ('Tsaubera)
    Process to convert pilots to magical ones: Zauberhaft ('Tsauber-hawft)
    [Note: Zauber = German for magic, spell, enchantment. Zauberer = German for Magician, Sorcerer, Witch. Zauberhaft = German for enchanting, casting.]
    Awesome that you made a character
    just one thing to be sure tho, will your character be:
    -a rival(one of the bad guys' ace pilots)
    -one of the good guys (but will have to give up his mech and undergo the experiment, don't wanna do that tho, especially after your effort )
    - or we make an exception and he's like a rogue pilot

Also for any further character creations, keep in mind that the majority of the cast is supposed to be female, HAVE FUN!
    Last edited by ThatOneBelgianGuy; 05-29-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

-a rival(one of the bad guys' ace pilots)
    -one of the good guys (but will have to give up his mech and undergo the experiment, don't wanna do that tho, especially after your effort )
    - or we make an exception and he's like a rogue pilot
    I kinda like the idea of a rogue pilot. We don't really know which side he's on. It allows for some tension in the group.

Also for any further character creations, keep in mind that the majority of the cast is supposed to be female
    I think that DeathBlade's idea was that Sita is assumed to be male but turns out later to be female.

Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think that DeathBlade's idea was that Sita is assumed to be male but turns out later to be female.
    Yeah I know, but I said that as a small reminder

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just realized that if Aoi gets his name from his rank, then it doesn't make sense for Sita's name to be spelled in 1337. Even if her name were spelled with a "7" instead of a "T", it would mean that there were 173 S-rank monsters more powerful than her. Logic dictates (anime logic, at least) that it is impossible for that many S-rank beings to exist.

Over the course of writing this post, I came to an idea as to why Sita could possibly spell her name in 1337. I see Sita as a character that makes her first appearance in maybe episode 3 or 4, not one of the monsters that escaped. Maybe she gets a crush on one of the monsters, one that hasn't given herself a human nickname, and Sita deliberately spells her name in 1337 in order to get closer to her.

And yes, I did say "her". I am the one responsible for that 1 vote of Yuri or Yaoi in the poll. I want my lady love!

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

For Belgian:
    Well, I'd planned on her being Chaotic Neutral for the time being. Angles of good or bad will go through the plot rather than out front being labeled as with or against. Normally has I envision her importance in the technical field, I feel she'll eventually follow the good guys and provide a large knowledge and skill void for the bad guys.

As for the "giving up the mech to be enhanced" part, I thought they were being modified to power newer mechs through magic/auras. Whereas the bad guys still used old school mechs....

Also, I'm not sure why you're reminding me of this? Don't like a masculine woman in your ecchi?

For Nathan:
    As for the 1337, not everyone l33ts the same. If I wanted to go full 1337, the name would be 5!74. Doesn't work too well for a serial number, as there's a special character. There's no serial number, part number, reference designator, or function indentification number with a special character in it. I just use a 1 instead of ! for I and leave the L as L.

A normal 1337 alphabet somewhat like is 4/@ 8 (l3) ( (<) l) 3 F 6 H (l-l) ! J K (l<) 1 M N 0 P (,) R 5 7 U \/ \/\/ X Y Z
    I thinking of an alphabet more like 4 8 C D 3 F G H 1 J K L M N 0 9 Q R 5 7 U V W X Y 2
    But still, when dealing with serial numbers, there's nothing saying we can't use replaced letters (A, B, E, I, P, S, T, & Z) in there. I just replaced a part yesterday with the serial number C13200B8A00-04.

For me I see it as the gov/corp/bad guys gave them the serial number, just to keep track for research and etc. The characters themselves are the ones making the names out of them to humanize themselves.

As for the rank idea, it's not bad but usually rank stays unified and grows, (e.g.: E-1 (smallest) through E-9 (highest), U.S. military enlisted ranking, and 0-1 (smallest) through 0-10 (highest), U.S. military Officer ranking.) So A-01 would put the MC at the bottom of the rank scale unless we get creative with the ranking. I have an idea for this.

Letter = type. A- Attack, E- Electronic/AEtheral, F- Fighter/Interceptor, O- Observational, S- Support.

Number = position. Going from the first (or last if you want) digit, rank. (9-1, smallest to highest with 0 signifying a leader). Next digits, original squadron assigned.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

19. Likes Aricc the Lost liked this post
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As for the rank idea, it's not bad but usually rank stays unified and grows, (e.g.: E-1 (smallest) through E-9 (highest), U.S. military enlisted ranking, and 0-1 (smallest) through 0-10 (highest), U.S. military Officer ranking.) So A-01 would put the MC at the bottom of the rank scale unless we get creative with the ranking. I have an idea for this.
    I sort of envisioned the ranking system as similar to the system of star classification. There are 7 spectral types: O, B, A, F, G, K, and M. Within these spectral types, a star is given a number between 0 and 9, with 9 being the coolest of that spectral type and 0 being the hottest of that spectral type. For example, our sun is a G2-type star. The G means that it's yellow-white in color and the 2 means that it's on the hotter end of the G-range. A star with a G0 spectral type would be the hottest stars in the G range. Any hotter and they would be considered F-type with F9 being the coolest of the F range and F0 being the hottest of the F range.

In this ranking scheme, A-01 would be the most powerful of the A rank. Any more powerful and he would be considered S-rank. There might be more than 10 monsters with rank A, that's why they have 2-digit numbers. But surely there aren't any more than 25 monsters with the same letter rank.

21. Likes Aricc the Lost liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ah, I see what you mean. But trying to use the star classification system can be tricky to build characters by. There's 4 different classification systems, and it gets weirder going into the extended star classes (which Class S is in). If we stick with this, it'd probably be best if we kept within the 7 classes.

Or we can go with the classification system I posted earlier which would work for both of us. Which itself is based on military Aircraft designations.

23. Likes Aricc the Lost liked this post
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, I see what you mean. But trying to use the star classification system can be tricky to build characters by. There's 4 different classification systems, and it gets weirder going into the extended star classes (which Class S is in). If we stick with this, it'd probably be best if we kept within the 7 classes.
    I think you misunderstand. I was only using star classification as an analogy. The ranks are still the familiar S, A, B, C, and D. It's the numbers afterward that I was trying to explain. The more powerful a monster is, the lower number they receive with 01 being the most powerful.

Maybe a better analogy to have used is medals. Even though 12 is greater than 1, you don't go into a race hoping to get 12th place. 1st place is what you hope for.

25. Likes Aricc the Lost liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Also, I've taken the liberty to create a two groups to organize things a bit better without blowing up the post count in this thread. Nothing wrong with a boomin' thread, but let's keep it on topic for the creation process and hammering out details of the whole project rather than getting focused on a small detail here or there that can be worked out in a small group. Hope you don't mind, Yoko @jotkekarogg3 . We'll still use this thread for major discussions, project movement, writer-character design communication, and external progress for the rest of the forum to view.

This is for Character Creation: http://www.animeforum.com/group.php?groupid=549
    Those assigned to creating characters and (those that have already created one or more) can simply post an discussion for each new character that way the group can critique and fine-tune the characters individually. Also the artist(s) can use the photos to post the drawings and design for a yea or nay from the character creators.

This is for the Writers: http://www.animeforum.com/group.php?groupid=548
    Those assigned to actually writing the storyline can work together here and work with the artist(s) to storyboard the manga.

I know currently we're discussing how we want to set our characters into the story (with rank, names for items, and structures for organizations), and that will still be here. The groups are for when the the majority of those details are settled or decided to let either the story writers or character design to deal with.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I think you misunderstand. I was only using star classification as an analogy. The ranks are still the familiar S, A, B, C, and D. It's the numbers afterward that I was trying to explain. The more powerful a monster is, the lower number they receive with 01 being the most powerful.

Maybe a better analogy to have used is medals. Even though 12 is greater than 1, you don't go into a race hoping to get 12th place. 1st place is what you hope for.
    Now I'm even more confused... I get the 1st is better than 174th but I don't see your argument for my character being more powerful than yours. Especially when Rank A is higher than Rank S (using the same logic, particularly with video game rankings, A or multiple A's are best).
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 05-30-2015 at 07:51 AM.

27. Likes Aricc the Lost liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

For Belgian:
    Well, I'd planned on her being Chaotic Neutral for the time being. Angles of good or bad will go through the plot rather than out front being labeled as with or against. Normally has I envision her importance in the technical field, I feel she'll eventually follow the good guys and provide a large knowledge and skill void for the bad guys.

As for the "giving up the mech to be enhanced" part, I thought they were being modified to power newer mechs through magic/auras. Whereas the bad guys still used old school mechs....

Also, I'm not sure why you're reminding me of this? Don't like a masculine woman in your ecchi?
    I wasn't reminding you, but the others who haven't seen or read our huge brainstorm on a couple pages back and as for the enhancing part, nope.
    We agreed on magic-monsters VS mechs and even tho they were experimented on in order to be the best pilots ever, it went wrong and that's how they became monsters
    and of course I don't mind masculine wome,

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Now I'm even more confused... I get the 1st is better than 174th but I don't see your argument for my character being more powerful than yours. Especially when Rank A is higher than Rank S (using the same logic, particularly with video game rankings, A or multiple A's are best).
    I think what Nathan is trying to say is that this will be the ranking system (from strong to weak)
    Letters: S - A - B - C - D (S being the strongest and D being the weakest)
    Numbers: the lower the number the stronger the person so A01 would be stronger than A12

Also why don't we just have it like this and only for people in the military or who were in the military so we have more freedom for characters like Sita in the name departement

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Also, I've taken the liberty to create a two groups to organize things a bit better without blowing up the post count in this thread. Nothing wrong with a boomin' thread, but let's keep it on topic for the creation process and hammering out details of the whole project rather than getting focused on a small detail here or there that can be worked out in a small group. Hope you don't mind, Yoko @jotkekarogg3 . We'll still use this thread for major discussions, project movement, writer-character design communication, and external progress for the rest of the forum to view.

This is for Character Creation: http://www.animeforum.com/group.php?groupid=549
    Those assigned to creating characters and (those that have already created one or more) can simply post an discussion for each new character that way the group can critique and fine-tune the characters individually. Also the artist(s) can use the photos to post the drawings and design for a yea or nay from the character creators.

This is for the Writers: http://www.animeforum.com/group.php?groupid=548
    Those assigned to actually writing the storyline can work together here and work with the artist(s) to storyboard the manga.

I know currently we're discussing how we want to set our characters into the story (with rank, names for items, and structures for organizations), and that will still be here. The groups are for when the the majority of those details are settled or decided to let either the story writers or character design to deal with.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Ok, just be sure to add everyone
    here are all the people that are part of the project (active at least):
    @Astral_Mage , @Reshad , @360 FistKick! , @Aricc the Lost , @Happyblossom , @Metaphasic , @RyuTama

29. Likes Aricc the Lost liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I wasn't reminding you, but the others who haven't seen or read our huge brainstorm on a couple pages back and as for the enhancing part, nope.
    We agreed on magic-monsters VS mechs and even tho they were experimented on in order to be the best pilots ever, it went wrong and that's how they became monsters
    and of course I don't mind masculine wome,
    I'll have to find that again.

I think what Nathan is trying to say is that this will be the ranking system (from strong to weak)
    Letters: S - A - B - C - D (S being the strongest and D being the weakest)
    Numbers: the lower the number the stronger the person so A01 would be stronger than A12
    I got that, but according to my wiki-ing, an S-class star is weaker than an A-class star. It's similar to a K or M-class star.

Also why don't we just have it like this and only for people in the military or who were in the military so we have more freedom for characters like Sita in the name departement
    I agree, it's easier to deal with operation types than star classes XD

Ok, just be sure to add everyone
    here are all the people that are part of the project (active at least):
    @Astral_Mage , @Reshad , @360 FistKick! , @Aricc the Lost , @Happyblossom , @Metaphasic , @RyuTama
    Just join the group for now, it will take the group admin to allow access in.
    I've already added Yoko and Aricc, I'll let Yoko admin the groups and decide who's gonna get assigned to writing and characters by assigning access to each group.

31. Thanks Aricc the Lost, ThatOneBelgianGuy thanked for this post
    Senior Member Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic has a reputation beyond repute Metaphasic's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 03:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Metaphasic

Just to update everybody, I am cleaning my PC up in preparation to upgrade several pieces of software. I might be a week or two before I am ready to dive in, but I'll keep up on the thread. RETAS PRO is taking up a lot of space so I'm moving that to another server, and need to reinstall MS5EX on my main box.

Gil
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphasic View Post
    Just to update everybody, I am cleaning my PC up in preparation to upgrade several pieces of software. I might be a week or two before I am ready to dive in, but I'll keep up on the thread. RETAS PRO is taking up a lot of space so I'm moving that to another server, and need to reinstall MS5EX on my main box.
    Okay great, take your time
    WE SHALL AWAIT THY ARRIVAL

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I got that, but according to my wiki-ing, an S-class star is weaker than an A-class star. It's similar to a K or M-class star.
    I will say it again. I used star classification only as an analogy. We won't be using star classification to rank the characters. There won't be any K or M rank monsters. There won't be any F or O rank monsters. The only ranks that we will use in this manga are those that you normally get in school, except for the S rank. In Japan, rank S is generally regarded as higher than rank A.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I will say it again. I used star classification only as an analogy. We won't be using star classification to rank the characters. There won't be any K or M rank monsters. There won't be any F or O rank monsters. The only ranks that we will use in this manga are those that you normally get in school, except for the S rank. In Japan, rank S is generally regarded as higher than rank A.
    Or we can make up our own ranking. Where A > S.
    Or the type thing like I previously suggested.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't understand why you're so opposed to the idea of S being stronger than A. But even if we ignore the existence of S-rank, i think that the system I suggested is easier to understand.

We might have to poll the other participants and find out which system they prefer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information