AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [News] Windows 10 Anniversary Update is about to be released

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default [News] Windows 10 Anniversary Update is about to be released

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft
    Today we’re excited to announce the next major update to Windows 10 – the Windows 10 Anniversary Update – is coming on August 2.
    Full article here.

It was finally announced. The new and improved version of Windows 10 is due in a bit more than a month. After the much buggy first version and the heavily fixed 1511 version, we are finally about to get the 3rd maintenance release with actual new features.

What is Windows 10 AU going to bring:
    • A faster, more accessible and more power-efficient Microsoft Edge browser: Microsoft is adding more features to Edge and the one most welcomed feature are extensions. So far the available extensions are very limited, but what's important is that they already have AdBlock and AdBlock Plus available (at least for me :P);
    • Advanced security features: They are improving Windows Defender by adding scheduled periodic quick scans that work with your favorite anti-virus. This will add a second line of defense, even though I am not sure how useful this is, since most anti-virus software scan your PC in real time anyway. Additionally, they will add Windows Hello for apps, which will allow you to log into a website by using Windows Hello;
    • New gaming experiences: They are adding the ability to play your Xbox One games from everywhere by simply owning a Windows 10 PC and have Internet access.

Obviously I left out a lot, but if you want to read more about what's to come, here is an extensive list of new features.

2. Likes Talha123 liked this post
    SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

Default Re: [News] Windows 10 Anniversary Update is about to be released

I'm not really stoked about this update, all things considering. I mean, sure, you can improve your penmanship to a certain degree in order to make the computer be able to decode whatever you're writing. You get a new polished turd that attempts to scare away viruses and other possible threats, but will prove to be as inefficient and useless as a dirty sock worn by a hobo in a new suit.

Don't even get me started on Cortana -- Unless they also make it available world-wide (without tricks and alterations to the system), the majority will not be able to enjoy this update whatsoever. The majority of the world population are indeed able to speak English, even at a level where Cortana would be able to register with a high accuracy. Complete localisation of Cortana is still a long ways to go, so adding new features without finishing up the base product does not give them a higher score.

While their product is good, I still wish they would fix the issues people still complain about, i.e. the way they harvest data from your computer even though you allegedly turn off all the information collection, driver replacement when updating moderately aged laptops (replace the old W7/8/8.1 drivers with basic functional W10 drivers) as this doesn't happen automagically and can break your installation. For the latter, when you do a clean install, you'll extremely rarely encounter this issue.
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

4. Likes Talha123 liked this post
    Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

That's because people expect too much from the OS. Windows Defender isn't a big anti-virus system as Avast, Kaspersky and the likes. It was never meant to be and it will never be. If you compare, Windows Defender is just like a dog barking in your yard. It will scare the local kids away and people passing will get a clear idea, that unless they are invited in, they have nothing to do on the other side of the fence. However, if you want to protect yourself from burglars, you get a security system.

On Cortana I only partially agree with you. As much as I'd like Cortana to be a world-wide feature, I get the reasons why Microsoft is not opening it to the world. Microsoft's idea is to make Cortana a human-like personal assistant. As much as everyone can benefit from that feature, human-like also means that it has a personality. If they enabled it to everyone, the dude in Africa might not get the American jokes and might even get offended by them. Until Microsoft manages to teach her to behave according to your local rules, your country simply won't be supported. It's true that they could make it a choice for the user, but if you consider it well, it already is, you just don't get there by pressing a button.

On the drivers side, you are really talking about Avalon. Sadly there are so many different systems and configurations that, if Microsoft simply decided on their own to change drivers and erase settings, people would be still complaining over it. The whole in-place upgrade strategy is just really wrong. Windows is built in a way that anybody choosing to upgrade without a clean install is up for trouble. It was like this ever since the registry made it's way into Windows in Windows 95. It would have been better, that Microsoft simply provided a website where genuine copies could redeem activation codes for the new OS, and then let people upgrade with a clean install whenever they wanted.

6. Likes Talha123 liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Windows Defender doesn't even work with Avast. Waste of space it is ¬_¬

I'm decidedly indifferent to this update except for the fact that the history of Windows' updates to this OS has consistently broken Corsair Link... and I only recently got it to behave. Fun. -_-

I won't -need- to update to this to play the Xbox games, will I? ((I mean specifically, am I -required- to install this update for when I want to play Forza Horizon 3 in September...?)) >_>
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

8. Likes Talha123 liked this post
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

From this update onwards Windows Defender will work alongside Avast.

I am not familiar with Corsair Link so I cannot really tell. I just imagine that developers work a bit more closely with Microsoft for software that's been updated to run on Windows 10 properly.

Umm ... I'm not sure how to say this, but it will install, if you want it or not. That's the magic of auto-updates in Windows 10. They just don't allow you to take the complex decision whether or not to install an update. If you have Windows 10 Pro, you can defer the upgrade for 4 months though.

10. Likes Talha123 liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

... Oh yeah. I forgot. x.x

I guess I kinda just got used to not even having to worry about system updates... heh.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

12. Likes Talha123 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information