AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome to the NHK - analysis question

Junior Member Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2013 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Welcome to the NHK - analysis question

Friends,
    I was lately watching NHK ni Youkoso (or Welcome to the NHK, in english) and wanted to ask something:
    in episode 20, the one where Yamazaki travels home (this ain't no spoiler, just a detail to help you guys identify the moment in the series), Sato is seen several times wearing a sweater with the symbols х у й. Now, these symbols are actually russian letters, and make up for the word хуй, which means penis. Therefore, my question is: is there any meaning in writing "penis" on Sato's sweater? And what is it?

2. Thanks Kazetori thanked for this post
    Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 12:53 AM
    Threads

well there's the whole sexual tension between him and misaki, could be that.
    or maybe the animators thought it was funny

also thats cool, i didn't know that was a thing.

nhk is the best ^_^

Member Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori's Avatar
    Gil
    Approved
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2013 03:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kazetori- Steam ID: Kazetori

Default Re: Welcome to the NHK - analysis question

I feel like it might just be an easter egg for those who actually know Russian. That's really funny though, little bit of 'today I learned...' heh

Junior Member Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dunno, when I watch anime I tend to assume that nothing ever happens for no reason, so I was wondering...
    Of course this is actually difficult to notice for most people, but still...

Member Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori's Avatar
    Gil
    Approved
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2013 03:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kazetori- Steam ID: Kazetori

I see what you mean, I tend to agree with you about nothing ever happens for no reason, but sometimes it's just so subtle I can't help but think it doesn't have that big of a purpose. Although, it might? There's some kind of fun in that too, wondering whether or not it was meant as something more, and looking into the deeper meanings behind things. Things could also be put there so that the viewer attaches their own meaning to it, although I'm not sure if that was the case with NHK. Since it's Russian, and most people in Japan don't know Russian, it could be saying something about how Japanese wear shirts with English on them that they don't know the meaning to, or English speakers wearing kanji shirts that we don't know what they mean haha. just speculating >3<

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant: when you really enjoy something, you also wanna talk about it and try to understand it fully! In my case that goes not only for anime and manga, but also for books, movies, etc. but it's not easy and I usually end up not having time =/
    Forums are great for you can post your ideas, read others', and perhaps together we can come up with something =D

Btw, your that thing you wrote about t-shirts is very suggestive.

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, sometimes Sato acts like a total dick. Hurhurhurhur....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information