AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Needing Another Season

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Anime Needing Another Season

I think we may have covered this before, but the thread is no longer active. So let’s revive the subject.

What anime deserves another season or sequel, and why? I have a few for that list.

WARNING! Some spoilers below.

The Twelve Kingdoms.
    Based on a series of fantasy novels, this anime series takes place in another world and dimension. It’s an entertaining series, but it ended too soon. We only got to see stories involving four or five of the kingdoms, so there are more tales to tell. Also the series ended with a few lose threads. There was a romance brewing between two characters, or at least that is the impression I got. I have no idea how that turned out.

Trinity Blood. Abel Nightroad is a priest working at the Vatican. He is also a vampire who feeds off other vampires. Take a second to get over your WTF moment. It’s actually pretty good. But the series ends abruptly, and sloppily, after the first and only season. Writer and creator Sunao Yoshida died during production. So no one else on his team could or would take over?

Deadman Wonderland. The only season ends with a cliffhanger. It seems that Ganta is the only one who is not aware that bubble-head Shiro just may be the monster who committed the murders for which Ganta was framed. Reportedly the series got poor ratings in Japan, so the second season was cancelled. It also varied slightly from the manga, which I doubt was a reason for cancellation. It’s not like other anime series don’t depart from the original source material. There is nothing wrong with that.

Angel Beats. The series ends on a heartbreaking note. Kanade moves on to the next stage of the afterlife, leaving Yuzuru behind to help the new arrivals. It is hinted the young lovers will be reunited – maybe. Maybe not. I would like another season to know for sure.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion. This is the third movie from the series, and unlike the other two, it is not a rehash of the series. It ends with Homura saying that from then on she and Madoka would be enemies. Then there is the after-credit sequence where Homura seems to have finally defeated Kyubey. As she does her victory dance around Kyubey’s body, Homura moves toward the precipice, and leaning over apparently commits suicide by diving head first to the ground below. Apparently a lot happened when the final credits were rolling, and we need a fourth movie to show us exactly what happened.

Ouran High School Host Club. In the final episode, Haruhi saves Tamaki from entering a loveless marriage, and Tamaki saves Haruhi after she falls from a bridge. As they fall towards the water below, in each other’s arms, it seems the perfect time for their first kiss. It doesn’t happen. Even though in the manga, the two do marry and have a child, though I am not sure it is in that order. The anime ends without developing the implied love story. The romantic in me wanted more.

There is my list of anime deserving a second season or sequel. Now it’s your turn.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 04-22-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Anime Needing Another Season

One of the several storylines in The Twelve Kingdoms is the story about the daughter of an assassinated king and queen. Punished for her parents' sins, she will seek to redeem herself.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

So many... they've cancelled a lot before finishing them, often because they make the series before the manga is over.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The trailer, I think, for the never completed Trinity Blood:

There really isn't that much to choose from to post from this anime.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deadman Wonderland ended after one season -- well before the story would have ended.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In Angel Beats, the relationship between the two main characters develops.

But we never quite get the end of the story.

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

The butchered story was alright, but I still really, really hope Deadman Wonderland gets remade one day actually following the manga. The original story was pretty good but the fights were a bit hard to follow at times, a problem the anime could have solved.

Also, to add to the list, Boku Wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. A romance comedy that ends on a sudden cliffhanger. Iirc, it had caught up to the manga and couldn't be continued at the time.

Highschool of the Dead- the Zombie anime with the legendary Boob Matrix. One of the first three I watched when I dove into anime back in 2010/2011. It was pretty enjoyable, even with the ridiculous fan service, and it just ends right as it's really getting interesting.
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 04-27-2021 at 04:33 PM.

My mood on a daily basis

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

To be fair many anime HAVE another season. Try checking Wikia and looking up the manga chapters. Deadman Wonderland definitely continues on, just not as an anime.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I really don't mind if an anime does not follow the manga. Anime and manga are two different media.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion is not your little sister's magical girl anime. This is one of the darkest anime franchises you will ever see. But don't watch Rebellion until you have seen the series, or at least the first two movies which are a re-telling of the series.

From the post-credit sequence in Rebellion, we know there is another story to be told.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Ouran High School Host Club, this is about as far as it goes:

We really needed another season -- or two.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I really don't mind if an anime does not follow the manga. Anime and manga are two different media.
    Yeah, but it depends on whether is sucks or not Hellsing ended differently int he original TV series than the manga and was okay, but Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood was WAY better for following the manga.

Meanwhile is shows like One Piece or Pokemon waited until the manga was finished we'd NEVER see it.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, obviously it matters if it sucks or not.

BTW, I sort of liked both versions of FMA. Although I know with the original and it's follow-up movie, Conqueror of Shambala, a lot of fans were beyond extremely disappointed that Ed and Winry did not end up together. FMA: Brotherhood was certainly more to their liking.

Member pathospades is on a distinguished road pathospades's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2021 06:03 PM
    Threads

The problem with the sequel is that its release date has been so far apart that it's pretty hard to get back into it.

Devil Is a Part Timer >> First Run: April 4, 2013 – June 27, 2013.
    Second season was announced LAST YEAR.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy >> First Run: April 5, 2013 – June 28, 2013 >> Second: April 3, 2015 – June 26, 2015 >> Third: July 9, 2020 – September 24, 2020
    Not an easy plot to remember at all!

That said.
    KonoSuba needs another season. Seriously.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ There is another season of The Devil is a Part-Timer coming? Great! The first series was pretty good, although I don't know what else they could do with it. The concept is a one-time comedy skit concept anyway, and I was surprised they were able to pull off a whole season. Of course you are right that an eight year break is a problem.

I don't know the other two anime you mentioned. Tell us a bit about them.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I hear Kobayashi's Dragon maid has a second Season now. Unfortunately the manga is still slow, but maybe there'll be a 3rd.

bakemonogatari keeps adding new seasons and then leaving us wondering is there'll be more

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ A dragon who's a maid, huh? Or is it the other way around? Anyway, I don't know that anime, but it looks like it belongs under the Dumb, but Fun thread.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ There is another season of The Devil is a Part-Timer coming? Great! The first series was pretty good, although I don't know what else they could do with it. The concept is a one-time comedy skit concept anyway, and I was surprised they were able to pull off a whole season. Of course, you are right that an eight-year break is a problem.

I don't know the other two anime you mentioned. Tell us a bit about them.
    I didn't expect anyone to know this anime, because I feel like I only watch niche stuff! I ship the devil and the heroine. I love that dynamic. The concept definitely feels like a one-trick pony. Maybe it's trying to get isekai momentum, as it is reverse-isekai.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy is a story about a really cynic loner high school student, an ice queen of student council president status, and a happy-to-go-lucky girl. The anime focuses on the relationship between those three as they tackle other kids' problems that involve social dynamics and psychology. The cynic gets the majority of the spotlight because his cynical views, while extreme, seem appropriate. He makes the show. Everyone else is just supporting characters to highlight how cynical he is.

KonoSuba is really popular. Super popular. It's a dumb fun comedy isekai. MC is a loser NEET and wakes up in fantasy land, but it's not all roses because his travel companions have some serious issues. If you see any EXPLOSION anime memes, it's likely from this anime.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pathospades View Post
    KonoSuba is really popular. Super popular. It's a dumb fun comedy isekai. MC is a loser NEET and wakes up in fantasy land, but it's not all roses because his travel companions have some serious issues. If you see any EXPLOSION anime memes, it's likely from this anime.
    It sounds a bit like No Game, No Life: https://www.animeforum.com/showthrea...-No-Life-(2014)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It sounds a bit like No Game, No Life: https://www.animeforum.com/showthrea...-No-Life-(2014)
    Oh I've seen that one. Mm. They're both isekai, but No Game, No Life has more of a confident never-lose MCs. I liked it, but not as much as I like KonoSuba.

If No Game, No Life had a second season, I might watch it.

Hey PictureGuy, do you have a MAL account?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No MAL account. Out side of this site, I don't go in for social media.

I should have included No Game, No Live on my list, but I thought there was a second season out there somewhere. I just did some checking and I found out I was wrong.

There is, however, a movie prequel, which is a bit darker than the original series: https://www.animeforum.com/showthrea...ife-Zero-(2017)

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I should have thought of this one before. K-On! What happens when the girls go off to college? What happens when they experience boys for the first time? Do they abandon their music for their studies? Or is the pull of their artistic sensibilities stronger? What happens when they are exposed to music other than J-Pop? Will they grow as musicians? Will they grow as women?

What happens to the Light Music Club under Azusa? Will she be reunited with After School Tea Time? Will they rename the band to something more adult?

Hmmm. It would make for a great fan fic.

Member Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2022 03:44 AM
    Threads

Trigun, definitely. The anime didn't give a satisfactory climax and ending to the story, and left out a lot of good parts of the fight between vash and knives.

There was a continuation of trigun called Trigun Maximum. That needs an anime season.

24. Likes pathospades liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ A dragon who's a maid, huh? Or is it the other way around? Anyway, I don't know that anime, but it looks like it belongs under the Dumb, but Fun thread.
    Actually it's very popular and really good.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Dumb, but Fun does not mean it isn't any good. Preferably it is dumb on purpose, as oppose to an anime which was done seriously, but done so poorly it is dumb. Dumb, but Fun would include spoofs, satires, or any other genre in which the main theme is to be intentionally stupid. Some if my choices, at least in my opinion, are among the most classic anime.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information