AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warcraft 3

Senior Member Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Be Mine Soras Keyblade Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2018 10:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nickasaur PSN ID: Cloudynick Steam ID: xSykesx

Default Warcraft 3

*puts on winning gloves*

So, are there any Warcraft 3 players? I'm talking about Frozen Throne, squeal to World of Warcraft, etc. We can play LAN with Tunngle or Garena o:! Thanks:3

*Just... Lets be on a team<3 i'm pretty bad at 2v2 and 1v1:3*

If you don't know what Warcraft 3 is...

Campaign

Warcraft III's campaign mode is broken up into five campaigns (Including prologue), each featuring a different race which the player controls (2 Orc campaigns, 1 Human, 1 Undead, and 1 Night Elf). Each campaign is itself divided into chapters, which are like missions. Unlike previous Blizzard titles, such as Warcraft II or StarCraft, players are not directed to mission briefings in which plot exposition occurs and objectives are announced; rather, Warcraft III uses a system of "seamless quests."[12] Some plot development happens in an occasional cinematic, but most occurs in-game with cutscenes. Objectives, known as quests, are revealed to the player during the progress of the map. Main quests are those that the player must complete to proceed to the next chapter, but there are also optional quests which are not initially revealed, but can be discovered and completed alongside the main objectives.
    Through each race's campaign, the player retains control of one or more heroes, which slowly grow in experience as the levels progress. This experience is carried over to subsequent missions, allowing the hero to grow throughout the course of the campaign.
    While different in terms of storyline and precise gameplay, all of the different races' campaigns are structured similarly. Each begins with a level involving simple mechanics to introduce the player to the race and the basic elements of their hero and units. After one or two such levels the player's first "building mission" occurs, requiring them to build and maintain a base while competing with one or more enemy forces. The only campaign that breaks this pattern is the Night Elf campaign, whose first mission involves building a limited base. The last level of each race's campaign is an "epic battle" which means that the player has to strike down a large number of enemy foes and finally destroy their main base. For that, the player has to use the knowledge he acquired during the latest quests and also has to invent some war-strategies.
    [edit]

Multiplayer

While campaign games can have many different objectives, the sole objective in melee games is to destroy all the buildings of the opposition. In default melee matches, players can pick their own heroes, and losing one will not end the game. To make the game proceed more quickly, by default the map is covered in fog of war instead of the Black Mask.[2] Warcraft III, like Blizzard's previous title StarCraft, allows for single and multiplayer replays to be recorded and viewed, allowing a game to be played at slower and faster speeds and viewed from the perspective of all players.[13] Like all previous Blizzard titles since Diablo, Warcraft III uses the Battle.net multiplayer network. Players can create free accounts in regional "gateways," which helps reduce lag; these are Azeroth (U.S. East), Lordaeron (U.S. West), Northrend (Europe), and Kalimdor (Asia).[14] Unlike previous Battle.net-enabled games, Warcraft III introduced anonymous matchmaking, automatically pairing players for games based on their skill level and game type preferences, preventing players from cheating and inflating their records artificially.[15] If players want to play with a friend in ranked matches, Warcraft III offers "Arranged Team Games", where a team joins a lobby and Battle.net will search for another team; as with anonymous matchmaking, the enemy team is not known beforehand.[15] Players can also host custom games, using maps either created in the Warcraft III World Editor, or the default multiplayer scenarios. The game also offers Friends Lists and Channels for chatting, where players can create custom channels or join Blizzard-approved ones.[16] Warcraft III also allows players to band together to form "clans", which can participate in tournaments or offer a recreational aspect to Warcraft III. Global scores and standings in matchmaking games are kept on a "ladder".[17] These rankings can be checked online without the need of the game.
    Due to the version 1.24 patch, many third-party programs have been rendered unusable. Several third-party programs that reveal the entire map, commonly known as maphacks, have been released for the update. It also disabled collided maps, which would make modified custom maps appear to be the same as the original. Another effect of the patch, which is not included in the release notes, is that custom maps with large filenames will not appear in the game. The limit is believed to be 20 characters, but this has not yet been tested.[18]
    This patch also rendered many custom maps unplayable due to custom map scripts. Even some versions of the famous Defense of the Ancients were no longer functioning.
    Last edited by Nickasaur; 03-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Warcraft 3

I play a bit of Warcraft 3 through iCCup (try it, it's amazing since you can play Starcraft as well). I will always be keen to play on the weekend since on the week my time is take by Uni and trying to get better at Brood War haha.
    Senjougahara Fascination

Circlejerk Member RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2016 02:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have spent so long playing Warcraft 3 custom maps. Mainly murder mystery style games/who's the werewolf/vampire/alien/mutant etc. Also played a lot of the RPG's and roleplay maps.
    Favourite maps: Jungle Troll Tribes, Titanland and Metastasis. The Warcraft lore based maps Dark ages of Warcraft and Azeroth Wars were also great but required 12 attentive, determined players to have long enjoyable games.
    I am saddened at the decline in players on Warcraft 3 Battlenet. If anyone wants a game I'm always keen.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RohanDarkling View Post
    I have spent so long playing Warcraft 3 custom maps. Mainly murder mystery style games/who's the werewolf/vampire/alien/mutant etc. Also played a lot of the RPG's and roleplay maps.
    Favourite maps: Jungle Troll Tribes, Titanland and Metastasis. The Warcraft lore based maps Dark ages of Warcraft and Azeroth Wars were also great but required 12 attentive, determined players to have long enjoyable games.
    I am saddened at the decline in players on Warcraft 3 Battlenet. If anyone wants a game I'm always keen.
    Rohan! It's been a while since I've seen you on the forum.

Have you played the custom map Warlock? I played it a while ago at a LAN with some friends and it's pretty awesome. It's one of my favorites with Elemental TD. I'll try to find a cheap copy of War3 at a games store so I can hop on Battle.net
    Senjougahara Fascination

Circlejerk Member RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling has a reputation beyond repute RohanDarkling's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2016 02:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
    Rohan! It's been a while since I've seen you on the forum.

Have you played the custom map Warlock? I played it a while ago at a LAN with some friends and it's pretty awesome. It's one of my favorites with Elemental TD. I'll try to find a cheap copy of War3 at a games store so I can hop on Battle.net
    Hullo! Yeah I have played Warlock. I do enjoy arena games, but thoroughly enjoy the RP/RPG maps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information