AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mayoiga (The Lost Village)

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Mayoiga (The Lost Village)

Did anyone else watch this series? I was pretty excited about it in the beginning, but having just watched the final episode I have to say it was a big disappointment. At times it reminded me of 'Lost' and there was one or 2 eps that were reminiscent of 'Higurashi'. But sadly it fell way short of my expectations in the end. The characters were poorly developed, the pacing felt very rushed, and while some of the Nanaki (monsters) were a bit creepy, they mostly just looked silly...
    I'd love to hear what everyone else thought of it.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Mayoiga (The Lost Village)

I never heard of it. It sounds like you wish you never have either.

Nonetheless, can you tell us a bit more? What was the plot?

I would like to hear if anyone has anything positive to say. Not everyone has the same tastes. From what you say, I probably would give it a pass unless somebody has an alternative view.

Member Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 12:02 AM
    Threads

As someone who has seen the beginning of mayoiga, I think I'm qualified to explain. The mythical town in the lost woods, known over the Internet for being a town of people who ran away to form their own hidden colony or some sort of thing like that (run on sentence preserved for posterity and remembrance of my stupidity). This group of people have enlisted in a trip there, hoping to start a new life from scratch. However, they find the village empty, but they're not alone...

The main issue I have with it though, is the Redick loud character decisions and personalities. Lack of subtly, and overall loss of plot coherence. I often found myself annoyed by the main character, and I'm pretty sure annoyed isn't what they were going for. I dropped it pretty early on thanks to the boredom it brought with it. Over all the art, animation, and especially the story was nothing special.
    Last edited by Raycu; 02-27-2017 at 09:09 PM.

4. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@PictureGuy , Raycu summed it up pretty well. A bus-load of people looking to start a new life travel to a 'lost village' - it's an urban legend but they manage to find it. Before long they start hearing scary noises out in the woods. They sound different to everyone. people start to freak out and gets a little 'Lord of the Flies'-ish. Like i said I liked the concept, but it really didn't have anything special to offer by the end of it. In my opinion, anyway :-)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Two negative opinions. I am less interested in the series now.

Member Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu has a reputation beyond repute Raycu's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 12:02 AM
    Threads

Just because I really don't like the narrative, or characters, doesn't mean you can't. Just give it the good old three episode rule, and if you're tired by then, drop the show.

Senior Member vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal has a reputation beyond repute vrarsenal's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Strawberry Bleach Zangetsu Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2023 09:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I agree with @Jasanime
    I initially liked it because it had certain themes similar with lost and had that "people die one by one vibe"
    Personally, I love murder mystery anime, and I thought the monster being their fear was pretty dope.
    Except it wanted to be accepted.....it didn't want to kill them.
    The monster lost their scary vibe and then it ended up being a light-heated mystery without the horror.
    The reason why I watched the last couple of episodes was because it was a habit, not because I really wanted to :/
    Previously Darkfire Knight....

9. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Raycu View Post
    Just because I really don't like the narrative, or characters, doesn't mean you can't. Just give it the good old three episode rule, and if you're tired by then, drop the show.
    True. I will keep it in mind if I come across it. But for now, there are other series to watch.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information