AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New.... Kinda

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Post New.... Kinda

Hello everyone! I joined this board 10 years ago! (I feel so old!)

I stayed around for a while back then, made a few really good friends, but then I stopped coming. Lately I've really been missing the 'good old days' of the internet. Message boards, unfortunately, don't seem to be much of a thing anymore, and I was surprised to see this was still here!

I am 31. (Or will be in a few hours). I love anime. there are a variety of types of anime I like, but I think if I had to say, I think Comedy and/or slice of life is my favorite. Though, interestingly, I hate sports IRL, but I seem to really like sports animes like Eyeshield 21.

To show you the diversity of my tastes, I give you my top 3 anime (But in no particular order because I can't pick one over the other).

Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood. I love both series. I love the story, and I love the intense moments as much as I love the humor. When I was in college, a friend got me into this, and gave me a VHS tape they had recorded the first 10 eps on, and I was hooked. After that, I found out that at that time, Adult Swim was still showing it on weekdays, and they were on episode 5 or so, so once it came around, I set my alarm for 4:15 AM so I could watch it at 4:30, and then go back to sleep! Ah, college...

Yakitate!! Japan. This is an anime not enough people know about. Being honest, my ex best friend had to twist my arm to get me to watch it. Because... making bread? That sounds incredibly boring right? But it is the funniest anime I have ever seen. A boy makes bread with solar hands, in an attempt to make Ja-pan!! Bread to represent Japan, like German bread, English bread, and French bread. The name is also a pun because, the japanese word for bread is pan, so it's Ja-Pan!!

Digiimon (Almost all seasons to some extent, but Tamers is my favorite). Digimon was my gateway anime. Sure I liked Pokemon first, but I was too busy playing the games to care about other anime. (It also didn't help that my town for some reason didn't get the WB, so I would buy the videos, and didn't have the rest of the WB lineup to influence me). I started watching Digimon because of my cusin, in the summer of 01. Saw just enough of 02 to get the jist of what was going on, before tamers started. I can understand why people didn't like Tamers. Different cast, slower pace... I dunno, maybe it's because I was almost 15 when Tamers started, and I was enjoying the deeper meanings. Tamers had it's lighthearted moments, but when it was deep, it was DEEP. But after all these years I'm still a fan. Applimon is a lot better than I thought it would be (though I'm way behind). The only seasons I really don't like is Frontier (and I really can't put my finger on why, except maybe not having partners, and/or I was comparing it to Tamers, which isd bad). and Hunters.

If you are curious about the rest of the anime I like, here is my anime list:

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Takatofan1986

I'm a person who prefers dubs - don't kill me!!! I still 'know' that subs are better, but I just can't seem to focus on subs as easy. I do watch some subbed shows sometimes, but it takes me a lot longer than the dubs, and I hesitate more to watch them. Also I really feel like dubs have gotten better the last few years, but everyone is welcome to their oppinion.

I made a few friends on here back in 2007 (but they are long gone). I would love to make some new friends that are around my age, but if nothing else, I am excited to be part of a message board again!

Edit: Also for the record, that's an old AIM screen name on my bio, and obviously MSN is dead (unfortunately) but I can't figure out how to delete/change it in my profile.
    Last edited by Takatofan1986; 10-06-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: New.... Kinda

Oh wow, heh, welcome back!

And Happy birthday too!

I've got some amazingly eclectic tastes too, so I definitely get that, and while I haven't ever really gotten into Digimon, I've enjoyed both of the other shows quite a bit. I prefer subs, but, eh, there's no reason to really get hung up on that, you watch what you enjoy, and the story and art is (or should be) the same.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    Oh wow, heh, welcome back!

And Happy birthday too!

I've got some amazingly eclectic tastes too, so I definitely get that, and while I haven't ever really gotten into Digimon, I've enjoyed both of the other shows quite a bit. I prefer subs, but, eh, there's no reason to really get hung up on that, you watch what you enjoy, and the story and art is (or should be) the same.
    Thank you! And yeah, I never understood why people fight so hard about dub vs sub. People have differen't tastes, it shouldn't effect how you want to enjoy it.

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Happy Birthday!! *throws confetti*
    Also, welcome back to the forum. A bit more quieter than it used to be.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    Happy Birthday!! *throws confetti*
    Also, welcome back to the forum. A bit more quieter than it used to be.
    Thank you!

As long is it's a little active (and it seems to be) it will be fun.

6. Likes Zainox liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*Sucks in oxygen, gasping*

A Digimon fan!

WELCOME BACK!! To the Greatest Anime Forum In This World: AF!

Why don't you like ...Young Hunters?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

8. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon___Sommelier View Post
    *Sucks in oxygen, gasping*

A Digimon fan!

WELCOME BACK!! To the Greatest Anime Forum In This World: AF!

Why don't you like ...Young Hunters?
    Yey! Another Digimon fan!!

Eh, maybe I should give it another try sometime. I just didn't really like Taigeru. To me he was loud and obnoxious. Like... there are Digimon fans that say they can't stand Daisuke/Davis for that reason, being loud and obnoxious. I don't agree, I love Daisuke, but I do see where they are coming from. But for me, Taigeru was Daisuke on crack! But that's just my oppinion. I don't remember much of the story though now, so maybe I should try it again.

Tri is... Interesting to say the least.

I really really thought I would hate Appmon, but I really love it. (But I'm way behind)

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    Yey! Another Digimon fan!!

Eh, maybe I should give it another try sometime. I just didn't really like Taigeru. To me he was loud and obnoxious. Like... there are Digimon fans that say they can't stand Daisuke/Davis for that reason, being loud and obnoxious. I don't agree, I love Daisuke, but I do see where they are coming from. But for me, Taigeru was Daisuke on crack! But that's just my oppinion. I don't remember much of the story though now, so maybe I should try it again.

Tri is... Interesting to say the least.

I really really thought I would hate Appmon, but I really love it. (But I'm way behind)
    On Appmon, you will be shocked many times over. No spoilers.

I love Akashi Tagiru and his loud and obnoxious self!! And Davis is STILL the man; #2 to Tai, though! xD
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information