AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inaction in the Anime Section

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Unhappy Inaction in the Anime Section

Have you noticed how little conversation there is in the anime section. Since this is an anime website, doesn't anyone think this is a bit strange? It's getting boring here. I might go looking for another place to post if this keeps up.

Anyone know of any other good boards to post in?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Default Re: Inaction in the Anime Section

Another checkmark for "top ten signs your forum is dead"

My mood on a daily basis

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    Another checkmark for "top ten signs your forum is dead"
    What are all the ten signs that this forum is "dead?"

I too am bothered by this, but I don't go to that section much because my posts get criticized for being too "general" and not specific enough. So I mostly avoid the anime-centered boards.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Admittedly, I guess I'm part of the problem. In fact, I can't remember the last time I posted in the "Anime Section", though I have my reasons.

Now I'll always like anime - that's not the issue; but I'm far too busy these days to absorb any kind of media, let alone anime; and if I did post about some anime I've watched, chances are most members would have watched it aeons ago and have long moved on to anime that I've still yet to watch, and will probably never get round to for many months (if not years) to come. Now I have no issue contributing to the "Anime Section" provided that two conditions are met: 1. I can make a topic out of an anime that I've watched all the way through and am well versed in; 2. There's sufficient evidence to suggest that members will respond to the topic with diligent replies. Otherwise I'm not going out of my way to watch an anime just to appease members who are apparently dissatisfied with the lack of activity in AF's anime section - just saying. Aside from that, I feel compelled to say that in my perception, AF doesn't exactly incentivise members to post more in the anime section than others - and if I'm being really honest, I've always felt that in terms of anime-related features, AF is easily outclassed by the competition.

Now, I'm not saying that AF's a terrible anime forum (I'm still here after all), but there's no getting around the reality that social networks such as as MAL, Anilist, Crunchyroll, and hell, even Reddit are simply more compelling environments for anime-related topics than AF, and over the years AF has done little to address this. Granted, those networks have the kind of resources that typically draw larger communities; but sheer community size was never the reason why I joined AF to begin with. I joined AF for a community that, though perhaps modest compared to other forums, had a unique charm about it thanks to a group of tight-knitted, yet diverse individuals that seemed more like a family than a number of randoms living in different countries. Also AF had more in the way of an identity that I felt was lacking in the larger and more popular anime forums as well as some nice features that are all but broken now. Today, AF strikes me as a ghost town that is trying to be like every-network else and killing its more unique, community-driven quirks in the process. That said, I'm not complaining; I'm just giving my opinion of the current state of AF as I see it. Moreover, for unrelated reasons I will have left AF by October 1st due to the full-time demands of a project I started this January. As such I don't have the time to get sentimental over the declining activity of a particular sub-forum.

Then there's the reality that it takes considerably more time and effort to create a topic such as an anime review or anime-related discussion, and that such a topic asks each member to be familiar with the subject matter so as give a diligent reply, which also demands more time and effort. Conversely it takes relatively little time and effort to create a topic that caters to a broader demographic and in doing so neither asks each member to apply much thought or expend too much time in response. Now this is just conjecture on my part, but I suggest the lack of activity in the anime section is an unfortunate consequence of a reality in which distractions have become too many and attention spans too short. For AF I guess this why there are less and less members replying to topics posted in the anime section, and why in turn, there are less and less members creating topics (or "conversations") in said section. And this may be an "anime website", but regardless, that doesn't change the fact that it's easier for members to start and maintain topics in the general section (specifically, the misc. sub-section) versus the anime section. In the case of an anime forum perceived as barley active, it's only natural that the anime section will especially plummet in activity; because no-one in the right mind is going to risk wasting time and effort in creating a nice anime-related thread when the odds of reciprocation by other members are so low. Nothing strange about that at all. I for one have found myself simplifying my threads on AF over time and posting more in the misc. sub-forum just to provoke more members into replying.

Again, I'm not complaining. I've always held the belief that communities define forums, not the other way round; and for me the community that defined the AF I loved is all but gone. In fact, it has crossed my mind several times that perhaps my tendency to post in the misc. section more than the anime section has contributed to an environment that has driven out much of the community I loved and drawn in a community that, much as I've tried, can't seem to connect with. I guess it's only natural. After all, I'm nearly 10 years older than I was when I joined AF and to be fair, why should things stay the same for my sake? Of course, things change, and I've changed too.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 06-18-2020 at 09:30 PM.

5. Likes Circuitry liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .:neuko:. View Post
    Admittedly, I guess I'm part of the problem. In fact, I can't remember the last time I posted in the "Anime Section", though I have my reasons.

Now I'll always like anime - that's not the issue; but I'm far too busy these days to absorb any kind of media, let alone anime.
    So glad you're here on an anime site to not post about the very topic this forum's foundation was build upon. That makes sense.

Edit: Sorry.
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 08-19-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

What you may not have noticed is that we still get several hundred views.Dude, if you click on the thread, say something!

Last edited by Clayton_n; 08-20-2020 at 03:56 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    What you may not have noticed is that we still get several hundred views.Dude, if you click on the thread, say something!
    That's right, @Clayton_n !!

btw: What does the "n" in your username stand for?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I joined this site as a kid. I used to love it too. I could say a stereotypical joke with this thread but the reality is that AF has no more upside. actually, it's had no more upside for a very long time. this has been obvious for 6-7 years. better options exist now and AF didn't evolve enough to battle said options. It's okay to admit AF is way past it's peak and enjoy it for what it was. despite my jokes over the years, this site was a great way to spend my later childhood and I appreciate the admins keeping it going.

Had a lot of fun here.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier_ View Post

Truth, justice and the American way.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

So you come to Misc to complain about it?

Not trying to demise anything here, but it's not like interesting topics are just going to pop up. People have to make them in order for others to get involved. Sure not everything is going to be a hit, but you have to keep trying. It took Edison appr. 200 attempts before he got his lightbulb just right. So just keep trying... Or be like Edison an steal most of your ideas from other places.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Most of those views are just google spiders and nsa checks, don't think they're gonna reply anyway

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Inactive? Hmm.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier< View Post

The fact that there are a lot of people named Clayton and my hotmail account suggested it back when I was 18

15. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The fact that there are a lot of people named Clayton and my hotmail account suggested it back when I was 18
    Clayton Moore? That's the only one I can think of right now.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Clayton Moore? That's the only one I can think of right now.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ho-yo Silver, Away!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well there's the bad guy from Disney's Tarzan. https://playback.fm/people/first-name/clayton

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Clayton Kershaw.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There are a lot of comments over at anime streaming sites. That could be one of many reasons why AF doesn't have many posts in the anime sections. Perhaps AF should stream anime!!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier< View Post
    There are a lot of comments over at anime streaming sites. That could be one of many reasons why AF doesn't have many posts in the anime sections. Perhaps AF should stream anime!!
    You may have some copyright issues.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not if this is The Greatest Anime Forum In This World: AF!!

2. You could always post a link to a streaming site.

Member Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2022 03:44 AM
    Threads

My views in anime would be very limited because I only prefer anime up until early 2000s (at the very latest) because after that anime, in my opinion, started becoming more popular and as a result, bland. Just like with everything else.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    My views in anime would be very limited because I only prefer anime up until early 2000s (at the very latest) because after that anime, in my opinion, started becoming more popular and as a result, bland. Just like with everything else.
    That's OK. Start a thread on one of them.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

~ There's action in the Anime Section again ~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information