AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Most Lovable Anime Characters

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Red face Top 10 Most Lovable Anime Characters

First of all, what do I mean by a “lovable” character? Nothing romantic, and certainly nothing sexual. Rather there is just something about the character, probably an idiosyncrasy, which renders him/her as lovable by the audience. My Top 10 in reverse order:

10. Arusu from Tweeny Witches. Arusu is a mortal with a sense of naïve idealism. She wants magic to make the world a better place for people. So she goes off to the witches’ realm to study. First she becomes their prisoner, and then partners to Sheila and Eva, winning your heart in the process.

9. Conti from FLCL. You gotta love Conti. True he is just a robot, but he tries so hard to be human. Unfortunately we learn from FLCL Progressive that Conti’s fate may not have been a pleasant one. But that’s the least reason not to watch FLCL Progressive.

8. Mayuri from Stiens; Gate. Normally, a person in their early to mid-20’s acting like a 10-year-old is annoying. But when Mayuri does it, she is just so cute! Even her toot-toot-tooting when she enters a room makes her adorable. An apparent tragedy endears her more to us.

7. Mame, Kara, and Iwa from A Letter to Momo. All three have to be considered together since it takes all three to be a half-wit. But these demons have their hearts in the right place helping Momo cope with the death of her father.

6. Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club. Short haired, small breasted Haruhi can be mistaken for a boy, but yes she is a girl. And a girl with a warm heart, she wins over the members of the Host Club. And she would have won the heart of Tamaki had the series continued.

5. Princess Euphemia from Code Geass. With the exception of Nunnally, Euphie is the one member of the royal family who is not pretentious about their position. She truly cares for the common people, and even makes friends with Nina when they finally meet, although Nina wants a bit more than friendship. A pure soul, her death at the end of season one left a hole in the hearts of CG fans.

4. Retsuko from Aggretsuko. I still have no idea what kind of animal she is. Is she a small bear? Or a fox? Or dog? Or cat? What I do know is that Retsuko is an everywoman. She represents every working girl in their mid-20’s who must cope with a sexist boss, annoying co-workers, and the fact that she can’t find Mr. Right. Though it all, Retsuko remains so cute – when she is not singing death metal in a karaoke club.

3. Isaac and Miria from Baccano. As we saw at #7 above, stupid can be cute. And again, we have to combine characters, for Isaac cannot be mentioned without Miria and visa versa. No, there does not seen to be any romantic relationship between the two. Their relationship is platonic and professional. You see, these two are professional thieves. Dumb thieves yes, but still criminals. But their hearts are in the right place. They will help a friend in need. It’s especially interesting watching Isaac rationalize his actions using some rather faulty logic.

2. Pino from Ergo Proxy. This cute little girl is actually an android. But a virus gives her self-awareness. Always the child, Pino has one of the most insightful line in the entire series when she asks, “Is Pino Pino?” Often dressed in her bunny outfit, Pino is a charmer. She is also, along with the monster Vincent, one of the two most human characters in the series.

1. Mako from Kill la Kill. Essentially, Mako is Ryuko’s sidekick – a somewhat dim, but hyperactive sidekick. It is actually little Mako who sets the pace for the series as the other characters, and the audience, try to keep up. You can’t help loving little Mako.

Honorable Mentions:

Ochako from My Hero Academia.
    Yachiru from Bleach
    Anri from Durarara
    Edward from Cowboy Bebop
    Ringo from Casshern Sins
    Kaori from Your Lie in April

Your turn!
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 09-27-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

2. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Top 10 Most Lovable Anime Characters

Alucard

Cattleya

Desert Punk 2

Amanojaku

The Lord of Nightmares

Chizuru

Belldandy

Urd

Skuld

#1: Koumori Kuroko
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Fun topic. But I love a ton of anime characters, I'm not really sure I could make a coherent list. ^^

(I've just been debating lately in situations like this, if its better to not reply at all, or reply with why I'm not really, but ultimately I still wanna 'contribute' even though I'm not really).

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Alucard

Cattleya

Desert Punk 2

Amanojaku

The Lord of Nightmares

Chizuru

Belldandy

Urd

Skuld

#1: Koumori Kuroko
    Some of these I don't know. Write a bit about them telling us. . . .

Wait a minute! Alucard? You're not serious. Well, Seras in the original perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    Fun topic. But I love a ton of anime characters, I'm not really sure I could make a coherent list.
    Just write a bit about your one or two favorites.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I guess Takato from Digimon is an obvious one. While most anime heroes are strong and brave, Takato was written as a fan boy, overwhelmed by the situation he's thrown into. Just like me, he's emotional, reserved, and nerdy. .... Until someone hurts one of his friends, and a monster comes out. Takato is a big reason I'm an anime fan. I got my arm twisted to watch Digimon and I saw myself in Takato, and I liked that. He was just a regular kid, as I was at the time.

Another one of my absolute favorites is Asuma Kazuma from Yakitate!! Japan. He is such a lovable idiot. For someone who is a genius at baking bread, he knows next to nothing about the basics, because he was self taught. For example, in one challenge, in a blind test, he chooses margerine to make bread with instead of butter. The judges and his friends watching him thought he failed from the start. But he turned out to have a plan, a type of bread that USED margarine, and he made a better bread than anyone else.

I have other favorites, but I'm not sure how much they fit into "loveable". IE There's Edward Elric but.... not sure he really fits "Loveable".

PS and off topic: Picture guy, I love your Sig. I've been on a beatles kick lately too. Watch the movie Yesterday, if you haven't!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey, you said lovable. Not cute.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    PS and off topic: Picture guy, I love your Sig. I've been on a beatles kick lately too. Watch the movie Yesterday, if you haven't!
    I wanted to see Yesterday, but it was not in the theaters long and I really don't get out to the movies as much as I used to. I used to go once a week. But Yesterday is on my (rather long) Netflix list.

Hey, you said lovable. Not cute.
    Cute is lovable. Well most of the time. Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica is one exception. But most other cute characters are lovable, IMHO.

I would like to add Menma from Anohana: The Flower We Saw that Day. She's cute. And cheerful. And dead, but why quibble? Everyone loves Menma, despite their own personal issues. I should be wrapping up the series within a week, and will post my review.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think psychotic and evil is lovable.

As for the others on my list google them. If you find multiples add the word "yuri" to the search

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I know you do.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Am I wrong?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Just as long as you keep that old saying in mind. Never go to bed with anyone crazier than yourself.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why not? That's when it gets good. Have you seen DBZ?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why not? That's when it gets good. Have you seen DBZ?
    The porn version?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's called Sailor and the 7 Ballz. And no.

Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    The porn version?

Ah the memories... Sailor and the sev... I mean.... HUH?!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

New entry:

Menma, that cheerful, always happy ghost from Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day. Why did she return from the dead? Watch the series to find out, and you will love the character.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The list continues to grow with most every anime I watch. Well, maybe not most. Maybe one for every 3-4.

I would like to nominate Rikka from Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions. True a chunibyo may be annoying, but Rikka does it in such a cute -- and very funny -- way. Especially when she has to deal with Yuuka, or visa versa. You just have to love her.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Let's take a look at some of the most lovable characters in anime.

Mako, from Kill la Kill, in action:

Right. Getting naked is what this anime is all about.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The one and only Mayuri from Stiens; Gate.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Conti in his better days:

Apparently I am not the only Conti fan:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

New member of the Cuteness Club! It's Red Blood Cell from Cells at Work!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A new addition! I just started Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon, and I think the goddess Hestia is pretty lovable. Short, but stacked. . . . Er, I mean cute.

Well, it looks like she has a bit of an attitude here.

She is cute when she begs.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 03-08-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The second most lovable character in Anime, in a sad moment, from Ergo Proxy:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anime's most lovable couple, Isaac and Miria from Baccano!

These two clueless thieves like to think things though. Unfortunately, neither is much on thinking.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon, Goddess Hestia keeps dropping the hints, and she is so cute and adorable doing it. Unfortunately for her, Bell is just a bit too dense.

I should finish season 1 this weekend, and will comment elsewhere on this site.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information