AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vine's original and fanart

Member VineTabris is on a distinguished road VineTabris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2016 08:08 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Exclamation Vine's original and fanart

i suppose i'll just keep all my art to one thread to save space.
    either way, i'll just start with some of the last couple of drawings that i'm pretty proud of, and i'll post new stuff in this thread as i finish it;

this one is fanart from Ao no Exorcist...i do...a lot of Ao no Exorcist fanart...either way, one of my favorite characters is yukio. he keeps showing signs of tipping over to awakening as a demon in the recent chapters, but it's still yet to happen...shame...

another Ao no Exorcist one...i kinda just wanted to draw an older version of Rin as an exorcist

wow something that's not AoEx fanart...this one is my OC, also seen in my avatar

and this is the last thing i finished, which is...more AoEx fanart. sketchy, but it's of my favorite character in the series, Shiro...

and here's what i'm currently working on

it's been taking up a good amount of time, but i'm very dedicated to my OC, so i'm determined to finish it
    Last edited by VineTabris; 01-11-2016 at 05:23 AM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Vine's original and fanart

Great work; the first one is my favorite one. I love the palate and lighting on it. Your drawing skills are one of the best I've seen on the forums and I really like your style a lot!

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

I love the fanart for Ao No Exorcist. The second one is my favorite, I like your line work and the trees in the background. Also the colors go really good with each other.

Ahhhh so many great people that can do digital art ;_; I need to learn how to do it better so I can make my drawings all pretty and colorful...
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Member ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue has a reputation beyond repute ScaledBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2016 11:33 PM
    Threads

Yo I dig that gradient shading and heavy lines bro, plus you have such an excellent sense of coloring and anatomical structure (something I seem to dodge a lot lol). Plus I've never seen an oc like that (considering the amount of times I've been in da he just looks so organic looking).

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Very well done. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a bit of Maes Hughes with your OC (possible inspiration)? I see the serious look on the upper right sketch and the hugging of the kids and all I can think of is Maes. XD
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

Wow. The really isn't a whole lot more I can add that others haven't posted as of yet. But, seriously...your coloring techniques are amazing as is your line art. Do you have any tutorials? I really want to get back into drawing with a computer >-<

Also your OC reminds me of some characters from way back in the early 2000's of half snake people, close in style at least. (Which I originally thought was cool)
    Anthropomorphism is a really interesting characterization in my opinion and super hard to master in a way that seems logical.
    Can't wait to see more of your work ^^

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Great work; the first one is my favorite one. I love the palate and lighting on it. Your drawing skills are one of the best I've seen on the forums and I really like your style a lot!
    aaa, thanks for that, i appreciate it // v//

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    I love the fanart for Ao No Exorcist. The second one is my favorite, I like your line work and the trees in the background. Also the colors go really good with each other.

Ahhhh so many great people that can do digital art ;_; I need to learn how to do it better so I can make my drawings all pretty and colorful...
    thanks~ a make a lot of AoEx fanart, it's kinda been my obsession for the last 2 years, so most of the time it's what i draw = v=;;
    digital art doesn't guarantee better art really, it's just about building up basic skills and practicing. you can make good art with any medium really if you practice enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaledBlue View Post
    Yo I dig that gradient shading and heavy lines bro, plus you have such an excellent sense of coloring and anatomical structure (something I seem to dodge a lot lol). Plus I've never seen an oc like that (considering the amount of times I've been in da he just looks so organic looking).
    aaa thanks, i actually struggle with anatomy sometimes so it's nice to hear that my practice payed off. ehe, i love my oc, but he can be a real pain to draw a lot of the time. i didn't really make him with good design in mind, but rather just what i thought looked cool and now i pay the consequences every time i draw him ┐(‘~`;)┌

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Very well done. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a bit of Maes Hughes with your OC (possible inspiration)? I see the serious look on the upper right sketch and the hugging of the kids and all I can think of is Maes. XD
    ah sorry, my oc is the pic above that one, the one of the blue demon looking character. the one you're referring to is fanart of a character from Ao no Exorcist named Shiro Fujimoto, a priest who ends up raising the son(s) of satan ' v'b

Quote Originally Posted by mimiruchan View Post
    Wow. The really isn't a whole lot more I can add that others haven't posted as of yet. But, seriously...your coloring techniques are amazing as is your line art. Do you have any tutorials? I really want to get back into drawing with a computer >-<

Also your OC reminds me of some characters from way back in the early 2000's of half snake people, close in style at least. (Which I originally thought was cool)
    Anthropomorphism is a really interesting characterization in my opinion and super hard to master in a way that seems logical.
    Can't wait to see more of your work ^^
    thank you, and sorry but no, i'ver never made a tutorial before . v.;;
    yeah i have a backstory for my OC too, the jist of it being that he was a human who was a demon hunter, until he was caught and turned into a demon himself. the story's a bit more complex than that, and hopefully i'll get around to drawing it out as a comic someday...hopefully.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

been drawing more ao no exorcist because i have no control over my life

gonna color it next = v=

9. Likes mimiruchan liked this post
    Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wish I could draw mouths like you!
    *looks at my own work*

Seriously! Haha, its an inspiration to me thanks XD

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@mimiruchan : aaa thanks ; v;

i finally finished coloring it! i even added a little picture of sukiyaki for the preview pic because it's rin's phone so of course he's gonna take pics of what he cooks

12. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So cute :3
    Ahh, I need to develop my own style and maneuver it into fanwork.
    Silly question, when I draw my OC's I can stick to my style of eyes and such, but when I go to draw characters from an anime I'm always stuck drawing it in the originals style or I get frustrated/confused.
    Your style remains uniform in your pictures.
    Is it practice? Or, perhaps I'm the only one who struggles with this dilemma haha

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@mimiruchan : that question's kinda tough!! i guess it would be from a lot of practice drawing in my own style = v=;; i mean, when i'm looking at references for fanart, i do take care not to copy the style of the anime too much. i look at the references to get a general idea of the features and clothing of the characters, but i don't look at the reference close enough to the point where i'm copying every curve and line (and i suppose it helps that i've drawn the characters from ao no exorcist so much that i don't need references for them anymore). maybe when you draw fanart you should treat it like you're drawing one of your oc's cosplaying as the character you're trying to draw ' w'
    Last edited by VineTabris; 02-07-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by VineTabris View Post
    maybe when you draw fanart you should treat it like you're drawing one of your oc's cosplaying as the character you're trying to draw ' w'
    That's....actually, a really good idea XD
    I never thought of it that way.
    I agree though, it probably is practice. I'm so stuck on needing references for everything (searching deviant art for people doing funny poses to figure out how to create an image...I also blame an art teach for making us copy images when learning while younger) I'm great at reproducing art. Its the finding the in between that I struggle with.
    Thanks for the advice ^^-

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mimiruchan View Post
    That's....actually, a really good idea XD
    I never thought of it that way.
    I agree though, it probably is practice. I'm so stuck on needing references for everything (searching deviant art for people doing funny poses to figure out how to create an image...I also blame an art teach for making us copy images when learning while younger) I'm great at reproducing art. Its the finding the in between that I struggle with.
    Thanks for the advice ^^-
    THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH REFERENCES!!! REFERENCES ARE GREAT!! IT'S A GOOD WAY TO LEARN!!
    there's this idea in art communities recently that art is more impressive if the artist did it without a reference, and it's completely untrue and actually kinda a harmful idea for artists in learning. although having a style is great, i was always taught 'you need to learn the rules before you break them.' it's way more beneficial to your style if you learn realistic proportions and anatomy first! there's a difference between someone PURPOSELY drawing in a style, and someone drawing in a style because they don't have the skills to draw any way else. so, i always say it's good to have references. but there's also a difference between copying a photo reference, and using a reference to learn how the body works. it's more about focusing on how the body bends and curves and moves and bulges and learning the shapes involved, rather than copying a single photo. it's way easier to find a style when you know proper anatomy, because then you can distort the proportions and shapes of the body on PURPOSE to create a style. either way, that's just my advice = v=;;

17. Likes Jselfen liked this post
    Junior Member Jselfen is on a distinguished road Jselfen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2016 12:37 AM
    Threads

Good Advice and very true.
    If you do kick boxing and you have no one to teach you then you learn from another and copy them till you find your own style that works best for you. So you first have to take that copy copy copy steps to achieve your own steps.
    I'm going back to the drawing board and I am going to start doing what I love.
    Using Manga Studio to digitize my art work but still have a lot of learning to do.

Take your time and relax...just roll with it

Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by VineTabris View Post
    THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH REFERENCES!!! REFERENCES ARE GREAT!! IT'S A GOOD WAY TO LEARN!!
    there's this idea in art communities recently that art is more impressive if the artist did it without a reference, and it's completely untrue and actually kinda a harmful idea for artists in learning. although having a style is great, i was always taught 'you need to learn the rules before you break them.' it's way more beneficial to your style if you learn realistic proportions and anatomy first! there's a difference between someone PURPOSELY drawing in a style, and someone drawing in a style because they don't have the skills to draw any way else. so, i always say it's good to have references. but there's also a difference between copying a photo reference, and using a reference to learn how the body works. it's more about focusing on how the body bends and curves and moves and bulges and learning the shapes involved, rather than copying a single photo. it's way easier to find a style when you know proper anatomy, because then you can distort the proportions and shapes of the body on PURPOSE to create a style. either way, that's just my advice = v=;;
    Oh, don't get me wrong - References are important and should be used. I just mean't I had an art teacher who used to make us copy pictures without explaining anything further...I'm talking high school here. It wasn't until my uni art classes that I felt I was actually "taught" proper proportions...it was more self taught before.
    All I'm saying is the art in HS really stunted my abilities..now when I try to use references I basically get stuck on almost copying the reference completely...so if I try to add clothes or something, I get a little messed/slow at adding anything further.
    Anyway I agree though, that is very good advice :]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information