AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anime Cliches...this should be fun.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime Cliches...this should be fun.

I like chibis/SD form. They're cute. :3 Though I'll admit, it does give the artist a good excuse to be "lazy". XD Which is probably where the hatred stems from. Although in manga, drawing chibis isn't necessarily "easier" than drawing a character in normal mode. I believe it is mostly done to save space in panels.
    No, it's actually harder. In art, simplification of something complex down to it's most basic parts (while still maintaining all of it's properties and elements) requires a good deal of understanding the the more "realistic" version of whatever it is. You're trying to create the illusion that certain elements are still there while restricting a massive amount of line-usage and detail. It's a top-down approach, and therefore takes more effort.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 07-06-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by sev121993 View Post
    Just to clear up, I don't hate chibis in general, I just hate it when in anime they randomly transform and it makes no sense at all. (I might go find an example)

Lol, in that case, you may want to stay away from Magic Knights Rayearth!

@Ericgamer: I know...it is. @_@ Though with chibi, you can avoid stuff like incorrect body proportions and minor details and whatnot.

Senior Member ~Fallen~Angel~ is on a distinguished road ~Fallen~Angel~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Soul Eater Logo Red Dango
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2014 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Super Ko Rider

True thats what chibis are but when put in a good scene, it emphasizes the drama, showing how important or stupid or even happy it is. But when they overdoe a chibi scene, like by putting it in every 5 seconds that ruins it and you just do really feel like watching the episode anymore. But for any anime you should at least watch the first episode even if a friend says it sucks cause you might like the anime even if they don't. Plus a cliche momemnt i could stand to see a little less of would be when in slice-of-life animes they have students who look like they're 30 and they introduce teachers who look like they're 16. Also when they have a female with overly large breasts added as fanservice then make they big boob chick a ditz who trips alot and it turns into moetrash.

AF's Messiah. The Second Coming. Jesu Christo. .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev has a reputation beyond repute .Sev's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Heart Rainbow Ribbon Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2014 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sev121993 PSN ID: sev121993 Steam ID: sev121993

Quote Originally Posted by otakuken View Post
    also when they have a female with overly large breasts added as fanservice then make they big boob chick a ditz who trips alot and it turns into moetrash.
    BUT THAT'S THE BEST PART. ;o

Junior Member pearlcougar has a spectacular aura about pearlcougar has a spectacular aura about pearlcougar has a spectacular aura about pearlcougar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2010 08:49 AM
    Threads

eh,i probably have a lot that will come to me later,but the one that comes to mind for me are stand-off scenes.of course the main character meets up with their main enemy and they stand there for like 10 minutes.Seriously,aren't you trying to kill them?!(this goes for talking during fights)I'd love to see it go like-one of them says "so we finally meet,--" (trying to be cliche) then before they can finish talking,the other shoots them.there.case closed.*stands there for 5 minutes expressionless O.o*Fi-nal-ly.if you talk during a stand off,dude,you deserved to die.

Oh,and specifically DBZ here,they get into huge fights,kill like all of humanity,and blow up the planet.Then,the next day,we have a new set of humanity i guess,and a new planet,and everybody forgets all this within 5 eps.-_-(this happens big time on the game)

-"oh no,*insert name* is dead!!oh the humanity!" "no wait,we have a secret way to bring them back"-ooohaaah-"oh yay,they live!" c'mon,really?i don't even have to say anything on this.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by sev121993 View Post
    BUT THAT'S THE BEST PART. ;o
    Actually I can't stand that part. XD But probably because I'm a girl. Types like Miyuki from Lucky Star=HATE. The only thing more annoying than the big-breasted clumsy moe blob is the big-breasted clumsy moe blob with GLASSES.
    Last edited by 小美ドクロchan; 07-08-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Not all guys like the big busted bimbos. The only one I like is the main char of Grandier but it's done well in that anime. And she's more absent minded then a bimbo. Like the girl from Kenichi.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Not all guys like the big busted bimbos. The only one I like is the main char of Grandier but it's done well in that anime. And she's more absent minded then a bimbo. Like the girl from Kenichi.

Oh yeah, her....XD I can't remember her name...R...something. But she seemed pretty good at taking care of herself....so she gets points for that. I don't like the helpless, dumb type of bimbo. Orihime from Bleach is a good example.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I didn't like Orihime, she was just blatant fan service and I hate fan service. If you want to do things like panty shots then do what Dragon Ball did and incorporate them into jokes. Panty shots for the sake of panty shots just degrades the anime. Latest example I watched with this is Kaze no Stigma. Great anime but way too many panty shots. They even had them in serious scenes. This includes things like a guy walking into a room where a girl is changing. That would never happen. There's only one I find acceptable and that's in Fumoffu and that's part of a joke. These are the reasons I don't like slice of life. Slice of life is filled with this crap and the stories are half assed. I don't mind comedy but when I watched the genre I saw very little originality. The one that got me to quit tried having a bit of a serious story but the ending spat in your face and just undid all the events in the show via resetting time to contain a demon. Seriously they couldn't have, oh I don't know, have the girls with magical powers defeat the demon? Sure the demon was the main char but they surely could have thought something up. All I ask for in an anime is a little bit of effort. And sorry about the random tangent.

Senior Member Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2010 09:06 PM
    Threads

Yeah, I didn't like Orihime, she was just blatant fan service and I hate fan service.
    Not quite. Now the number two espada? That was fanservice, showing her tattoo by unzipping her clevage and having underboob abound. Nel's adult form was also major fanservice.

Orihime is just another case of a mangakai making a character grow in breast size (EX, Nami from One Piece) and the fans making all the fanservice art. Unlike real fanservice characters, Orihime's assists were never showed off a lot, they were just there. For fanservice, they have to be thrown in your face or be really obvious. At least she stayed clothed with the exception for one scene that showed nothing (although that was a major case of Kubo wanting to write a yuri scene and faking it by tying it to character development).

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Any char with breasts bigger then their head has them for fan service. The fan art means squat. Just look all the ecchi drawings of just about any female char out there. Regardless of the size of their breasts. Sure she keeps them covered but you still have a massive amount of jiggling and I can't take that as anything but Fan service.

Senior Member Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid has a reputation beyond repute Darkseid's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Any char with breasts bigger then their head has them for fan service. The fan art means squat. Just look all the ecchi drawings of just about any female char out there. Regardless of the size of their breasts. Sure she keeps them covered but you still have a massive amount of jiggling and I can't take that as anything but Fan service.
    Jiggle? From Orihime? Bleach doesn't even have a budget that could make jiggle possible. xD

If you want a good example of jiggle, High School of the Dead and Tenjho Tenge are better examples.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Panty shots for the sake of panty shots just degrades the anime. Latest example I watched with this is Kaze no Stigma. Great anime but way too many panty shots. They even had them in serious scenes.
    Yeah, I like that anime but they did have waaaay too many. =w=; I agree-it really degrades the anime if they are placed at the wrong time...>_>

This includes things like a guy walking into a room where a girl is changing. That would never happen.
    Oh ho, if the person doesn't know where they're going yes, it could. Perfect example: I was invited to a friend from college's house to spend the night on New Year's. Next morning, I was wandering around without my contacts in, looking for a bathroom, found what appeared to be one, and walked right in on her husband taking a shower. I wanted to die. It was so embarrassing!! Fortunately he was very understanding and did not scream "Kyaaa" and throw things at me. :'D
    Last edited by 小美ドクロchan; 07-09-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Think about the crowd they're pleasing. Who's a creepier crowd, the ones that want big breasts or the flat chested loli's?

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Not quite. Now the number two espada? That was fanservice, showing her tattoo by unzipping her clevage and having underboob abound. Nel's adult form was also major fanservice.

Orihime is just another case of a mangakai making a character grow in breast size (EX, Nami from One Piece) and the fans making all the fanservice art. Unlike real fanservice characters, Orihime's assists were never showed off a lot, they were just there. For fanservice, they have to be thrown in your face or be really obvious. At least she stayed clothed with the exception for one scene that showed nothing (although that was a major case of Kubo wanting to write a yuri scene and faking it by tying it to character development).
    I agree with that and the panty shot and the coming into the room when a female character is changing that just adds too much fanservice and makes it sorta a hentai/ecchi. But then again they use the walking into a changing persons room in mystery manga and anime because they might not be able to solve the case without it so that cliche would serve purpose and be used correctly in that sort of situation.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Think about the crowd they're pleasing. Who's a creepier crowd, the ones that want big breasts or the flat chested loli's?
    Flat-chested lolis are totally for the win. They are cute to BOTH audiences: see, straight girls are repulsed by giant bouncing breasts, but if the character is a loli, there's nothing there to be repulsed by!! Problem solved! And girls who don't have...*ahem* large assets will no longer feel alienated, i.e. "All right! Small-breasted girls can kick a$$ TOO!! So there!"

People who like lolis are not necessarily creepy, all right? Just because a guy might find a loli character cute, doesn't mean he's gonna go rape a child afterwards.
    Geeze......T_T
    Last edited by 小美ドクロchan; 07-09-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    Oh ho, if the person doesn't know where they're going yes, it could. Perfect example: I was invited to a friend from college's house to spend the night on New Year's. Next morning, I was wandering around without my contacts in, looking for a bathroom, found what appeared to be one, and walked right in on her husband taking a shower. I wanted to die. It was so embarrassing!! Fortunately he was very understanding and did not scream "Kyaaa" and throw things at me. :'D
    Ok, let me rephrase that, It'd never happen at school where 90% of these takes place. I also never really got into loli.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I want you to go into danbooru and see how much of that "flat-chested loli" is perfectly fine. I need you to step into something like 4chan and just wait in /b/ for a little bit. I'm sure all those characters in Vampire in Bund are innocent and have no sexual attachment whatsoever!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

True, it wouldn't happen at a school. XD

*luffs loli anime/manga. For the cuteness. I won't argue that loli fanservice is disturbing...but it's not so much if the character is not a preteen, but just looks younger than she really is.

I want you to go into danbooru and see how much of that "flat-chested loli" is perfectly fine. I need you to step into something like 4chan and just wait in /b/ for a little bit. I'm sure all those characters in Vampire in Bund are innocent and have no sexual attachment whatsoever!
    I've been to both, quite a few times but you've missed my point entirely: THEY'RE NOT REAL so who cares?!
    Last edited by 小美ドクロchan; 07-09-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I will NEVER visit 4chan. That site is nothing but disgusting crap and should be shutdown.

@小美ドクロchan There's that, but I was mainly just referring to the frilly/lacy dresses.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 07-09-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

There's that, but I was mainly just referring to the frilly/lacy dresses.
    Aha, I own a few. XD I just got into the lolita thing...right when I got into ball-jointed dolls and said, "I wanna wear clothes like that!" I can totally pull it off too! *is tiny and thin* >.<

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I kinda prefer sensible. I don't like either extreme.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    I'm sure all those characters in Vampire in Bund are innocent and have no sexual attachment whatsoever!
    ...you want /e/ for that. >_>

Let me make this clear; a loli or shota is not just a kid in an anime or manga. Look at Diterch from Monster. He's just a kid. Now if they started making them flash or do strange sexual poses, THEN it's a loli or shota.

@小美ドクロchan, you seem to be confusing moe for loli.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Let me make this clear; a loli or shota is not just a kid in an anime or manga. Look at Diterch from Monster. He's just a kid. Now if they started making them flash or do strange sexual poses, THEN it's a loli or shota.

No.....Shakugan No Shana is a series with a loli heroine but it's not a lolicon series. A loli or a shota refers to a either a very young character or a character who may not be a child but looks young like a child. They do not have to do sexual things to be considered lolis or shotas. Any young, flat-chested girl from an anime can be considered a "loli".
    Last edited by 小美ドクロchan; 07-09-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

that reminds me of chobits, when Chi found the dudes porno then started copying the poses + she's flat + she wears lolita clothes + she has amnesia = she is one giant cliche rolled into one anime character..........wow she's the ultimate cliche O.o

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information