AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highschool of the Dead

Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

Default Highschool of the Dead

I finished the series tonight (I had to look away at some points tbh) I was wondering if there's any more anime like it? I don't mean all the panty shots either- I mean anime with zombies. I'm a big fan of zombies so if you know of any please let me know!! I love the gore, and the whole survival thing.

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: Highschool of the Dead

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Sunday without God) - Basically a different play on the zombie-idea. God has abandoned the Earth and now people are unable to die. Gravekeepers are the only ones able to let the dying rest, and you follow the journey of a girl named Ai who lost her whole village to a slaughtering and ventures out into the world. Basically it focuses on the true effects of an apocalypse happening.

Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!) - Basically you follow the life of Takeya Yuki during her school life - her friends, her fun clubs, and how much she just enjoys her time at school. That is, until one day when her perfect school life turns into a zombie-filled nightmare. It pretty much combines cute chibi-esque girls and graphic zombie violence. It starts off super adorable and shojo-like but in the first episode they quickly prove that isn't all to the anime.

And finally...

Sankarea (Sankarea: Undying Love) - Our main character Chihiro loves everything that has to do with zombies, and one of his dreams is to meet a zombie girl and make her his girlfriend. When his pet dies, he attempts to try and bring his pet back to life, so he sneaks into an abandoned building and starts working on a resurrection potion. A beautiful girl named Rea happens to also be in the building on the same night, and the story takes off from there.

I've seen all these and highly recommend them all. They're fantastic and kept me entertained the whole way through.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

'I Am A Hero' is probably the best zombie story out there. I like it because both the characters and the plot are realistic, but the story always retains a surrealistic tone. You might not like it though, as it's a manga and I don't know if you can read.

4. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Sunday without God) - Basically a different play on the zombie-idea. God has abandoned the Earth and now people are unable to die. Gravekeepers are the only ones able to let the dying rest, and you follow the journey of a girl named Ai who lost her whole village to a slaughtering and ventures out into the world. Basically it focuses on the true effects of an apocalypse happening.

Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!) - Basically you follow the life of Takeya Yuki during her school life - her friends, her fun clubs, and how much she just enjoys her time at school. That is, until one day when her perfect school life turns into a zombie-filled nightmare. It pretty much combines cute chibi-esque girls and graphic zombie violence. It starts off super adorable and shojo-like but in the first episode they quickly prove that isn't all to the anime.

And finally...

Sankarea (Sankarea: Undying Love) - Our main character Chihiro loves everything that has to do with zombies, and one of his dreams is to meet a zombie girl and make her his girlfriend. When his pet dies, he attempts to try and bring his pet back to life, so he sneaks into an abandoned building and starts working on a resurrection potion. A beautiful girl named Rea happens to also be in the building on the same night, and the story takes off from there.

I've seen all these and highly recommend them all. They're fantastic and kept me entertained the whole way through.
    I have read Sankarea and I have not given the anime a chance yet. I felt the manga was a bit rushed and too short.

Hmmmmmmmmmm Zombies. Zombies.... Brains...... I have not watched many shows like this. I watched Highschool of the Dead and that was about it, not saying there aren't more about Zombies cause that was trend for a while.

Junior Member Moonlit Samurai is on a distinguished road Moonlit Samurai's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2016 02:05 PM
    Threads

Sankarea seems like it would be hilarious. I love satire so I'm thinking of checking that out.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlit Samurai View Post
    Sankarea seems like it would be hilarious. I love satire so I'm thinking of checking that out.
    It's not really satire though, so be warned. It's a standard harem-esque story with a vaguely interesting gimmick.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sulkin View Post
    (I had to look away at some points tbh)
    Because it was so bad?

Junior Member käwäii is on a distinguished road käwäii's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2016 04:07 PM
    Threads

Shiki It's not about zombies but vampires, but it had kinda similar vibe to a something zombie related, at least for me.

Already mentioned Sankarea, and School-Live! are recommended. To me they weren't super good, maybe Sankarea was a bit better, but definitely worth checking out, they aren't bad not at all. I guess I just have more tighter standards than I used to have.

Senior Member Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2016 10:57 PM
    Threads

Hellsing Ultimate, maybe. Has ghouls, which act like zombies, but has a lot of different enemies as well.
    I know violence isn't the answer. It's the question, and the answer is yes.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

Episode 8 is my favorite
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member Zeed is on a distinguished road Zeed's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Daggers Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2016 03:12 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zed20121

I have read it's manga and it has stopped, wonder when will it continue

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zeed View Post
    I have read it's manga and it has stopped, wonder when will it continue
    Oh boy do I have bad news for you

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information