AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sword Art Online.Why its bad

Junior Member anhlavodoi is on a distinguished road anhlavodoi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2017 10:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sword Art Online.Why its bad

This is how it works.
    Season 1: Amazing
    Season 2: Horrible
    Nothing else to say.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Sword Art Online.Why its bad

The first half of season 2 was every bit as good as season 1. But the second half had no sense of danger. There was no real enemy threatening the lives of anyone. Season 1 and the first half of season 2, with the virtual reality killer, built tension. But the story line of the dying girl looking for on-line adventure was totally mishandled. They went for the tears rather than excitement. Too much of differential from the SOL format.

BTW, if you really have nothing else to say, then why post at all?

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think the main problem I had with SAO is Asuna. In the first arc she started as a super strong and badass female character, which is rare in a series with a male protagonist, and very refreshing. Then she became the damsel in distress - lame. Then in the 1st arc of season 2 she was like a meek little waifu while Kirito ran around GGO with Sinon. In the 2nd arc of season 2 I thought she was gonna make a comeback, but she was more the kind, caring, feminine character instead of a tough warrior-type. BUT I saw the movie and I think she has somewhat redeemed herself. And despite some questionable plot holes, I enjoyed 'Ordinal Scale' and not gonna lie, I'll probably watch the 3rd season. I don't agree that SAO is BAD. But it's not exactly great...

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

SAO was never good, but it was never bad either. Its popularity has delusioned the masses.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

5. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    I think the main problem I had with SAO is Asuna. In the first arc she started as a super strong and badass female character, which is rare in a series with a male protagonist, and very refreshing. Then she became the damsel in distress - lame. Then in the 1st arc of season 2 she was like a meek little waifu while Kirito ran around GGO with Sinon. In the 2nd arc of season 2 I thought she was gonna make a comeback, but she was more the kind, caring, feminine character instead of a tough warrior-type. BUT I saw the movie and I think she has somewhat redeemed herself. And despite some questionable plot holes, I enjoyed 'Ordinal Scale' and not gonna lie, I'll probably watch the 3rd season. I don't agree that SAO is BAD. But it's not exactly great...
    I did miss Asuna during the first arc of season 2. I wondered if she knew about that "other woman." No need for her to worry, but. . . . For the second arc, we got to see some of the old Asuna, but for reasons I mentioned above, it was not a very interesting story line. But that was not Asuna's fault.

Junior Member Antonio94 is on a distinguished road Antonio94's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2017 03:44 AM
    Threads

I remember there is a Youtuber discuss about why SAO is bad (sorry I don't remember his channel name) and I haven't really watched that video.
    For me personally SAO season 1 (Aincrad) built up a good foundation in both world state and tension, really good tension (especially in the last fight with Heathcliff, a.k.a Kayaba Akihiko). However, the ALFheim part is like an unnecessary "expansion" for me, it lacks true tension (like death or alive situation). The only tension ALFheim part has is the danger from Sugou Nobuyuki towards Asuna, but it is so... outrageous in terms of sexual harassment (sorry for putting it so frankly but yeah it is kinda annoying to me).
    Gun Gale Online isn't bad but still it doesn't have the same tension as the first season.
    The Underworld seems going to come out and I'm quite interested whether it can keep up with the Aincrad part or not.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

SAO is such a meme series. Everyone mostly just goes on and on about how bad it is to the point where it's all abstract and meaningless. We get it already. The only reason youtubers still make SAO bashing videos is because it garners views anyway. Who cares anymore? I certainly don't. By now everyone who likes the show (for some reason) will have caught wind of the criticism it receives; everyone bloody knows it's not a 10/10 masterpiece by now.

Junior Member tranvanchienhn is on a distinguished road tranvanchienhn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2017 02:04 AM
    Threads

good

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    (E)veryone bloody knows it's not a 10/10 masterpiece by now.
    True. But again it doesn't have to be. Most of the series is entertaining enough without being a classic. The second arc of the second season is the only time I was bored with the show.

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Ha...ha...ha.

*Draws sword*
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Junior Member Antonio94 is on a distinguished road Antonio94's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2017 03:44 AM
    Threads

Eh... killing people is bad man, pls dont do it XD.

Junior Member _Ako_ is an unknown quantity at this point _Ako_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2017 06:09 PM
    Threads

Mhhh....

>2017
    >SAO

Wait... I think it is much better if we talk about Re:Zero waifu wars.. :/

14. Dislikes PictureGuy disliked this post
    Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio94 View Post
    I remember there is a Youtuber discuss about why SAO is bad (sorry I don't remember his channel name) and I haven't really watched that video.
    For me personally SAO season 1 (Aincrad) built up a good foundation in both world state and tension, really good tension (especially in the last fight with Heathcliff, a.k.a Kayaba Akihiko). However, the ALFheim part is like an unnecessary "expansion" for me, it lacks true tension (like death or alive situation). The only tension ALFheim part has is the danger from Sugou Nobuyuki towards Asuna, but it is so... outrageous in terms of sexual harassment (sorry for putting it so frankly but yeah it is kinda annoying to me).
    Gun Gale Online isn't bad but still it doesn't have the same tension as the first season.
    The Underworld seems going to come out and I'm quite interested whether it can keep up with the Aincrad part or not.
    I agree fully with the above.

As far as Ordinal Scale goes. I really didn't care for it. I will also be watching season 3, but I haven't looked into it so I don't know much about it. I highly doubt the series will ever be as good as it was with the first half of season 1. Really should have just ended it there.

Junior Member Rowdyhorse4 is on a distinguished road Rowdyhorse4's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2017 03:19 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    SAO was never good, but it was never bad either. Its popularity has delusioned the masses.
    ^ This... I really only enjoyed the first half the first season... Lost interest after that.... I mean for me... it could have been better but it wasn't... bad? Maybe around the second season... Movie certainly raised my opinion tho BUT its still very questionable for me....
    Want a place to trade yer Waifus or a Community to discuss anime/play games with?
    Want to share your work of Art?
    Come Join the Waifu Market Discord!
    An International Trade Center for Waifus, Animes and such!

https://discord.gg/HNjQydH

Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

We're in a game, bro!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information