AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: LF Podcast Host

Junior Member Minagi is on a distinguished road Minagi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 04:48 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool LF Podcast Host

I am looking for someone to help me host a podcast. I want to start a podcast centered around general geekiness, gaming, pop culture, anime, and internet stuff. I have done my homework and looked at what others have done already, what works, what doesn't etc. So I have a good idea what I want but this will be a full collaboration. I am a woman with a fantastic speaking voice. I did regular news spots for my local radio station for a year. I am an actress. I was nurtured to come to the geeky side by both my brothers & sisters as I grew up. Now I want to use all of skills and knowledge for the greater geeky good! I need someone whom I can bounce off of conversationally easily whom also can handle some of the technical aspects of the podcast. I have a good internet connection, good microphone, good headset, and some audio mixing tools. Please respond to this post if you are interested, or know someone who would be.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Default Re: LF Podcast Host

Do you... not have any friends?

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why the hate? I am trying to reach out and network with people that share my interests. If you're a moderator and you're bashing me after just one post, does that mean this is a forum of trolls?

Meh Crusader Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Artemis Watermelon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2013 11:15 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tarkenfire Steam ID: Tarkenfire

I would say the same thing, but in a less confrontational tone.

For stuff like podcasting, a good synergy between the hosts has to be maintained. This is a very hard thing to just "get" with a total stranger, so someone closer to you would probably be better. This isn't saying that it would be impossible with someone you didn't know; after all, you tend to get to know people you don't know over time, but until that relationship and rapport is built, and don't take this offensively, the end product is gonna suck for a little while while you get the hang of it.

Not necessarily a bad thing, as learning requires trying, and trying leads to failing a lot, but something you should maybe consider, and the point I think @OminousCloud might have been going for, albeit in a more blunt manner.

Anyways, haven't seen if you wanted to do a video or audio podcast, but I have a face suited for radio and a voice meant for the newspaper, so don't think I'll be any good for this. I spent like 50 grand going to a media arts school, so I'm pretty okay at audio post-production, if you're looking for that.

Edit: After re-reading your post, I do want to say that I've no intention of belittling your research or talent, but I still hold to my opinion that someone you do know and get along with well would be better in the long run than having to learn to like someone on the internet...specially considering some of the people around here.
    Last edited by Tarkenfire; 01-27-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Less is more.

5. Likes OminousCloud, AnimeBboy liked this post
    May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Minagi View Post
    Why the hate? I am trying to reach out and network with people that share my interests. If you're a moderator and you're bashing me after just one post, does that mean this is a forum of trolls?
    There was no hating or bashing there. It just makes more sense to podcast with your friends, of course I do assume that your friends also share the same interests as yourself. It also seems rather flippant to just join a site solely to find a podcast host "for the greater geeky good". You don't know anyone here and yet you're looking for someone that compliments you conversationally, without y'know first trying to have conversations...

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*sigh* So yeah I didn't join JUST to find a podcast host, that was just the first thing I wanted to post about. And the first reply I got from this forum community was "Do you not have any friends?" How am I supposed to take that other than hateful? Yes, I would like to have conversations with people before moving ahead. This is the first step to having those conversations. The first words.
    So far this particular branch of my networking tree has yielded a writer and a website that wants to host it. However, I still need two other very important components, the "tech guy" and my co-host. Tarkenfire, if you think that putting forth a decent podcast you HAVE to have everyone in the same room at the same time, please let me know. I thought it could be done with the right tools and a good skype connection.

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 02:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gyzra

Skype sucks for podcasts but it's doable. Have you watched/listened to other successful podcasts for ideas? The perfect podcast group seems to be about 3 people so that you can have differing views and opinions without two people just going 'yeah i think that too.' Some great podcasts are the TGS Podcast and The BombCast from Giant Bomb.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Also the fact that you got that first reply isn't a bad, mean thing, it's just a welcome to the internet thing haha. Everyone on the internet writes like that, if you want to make a successful podcast then you are going to get A LOT of that, but you can use it to help you. Personally, I think it would be best if your co-hosts were either experts in the field or friends of yours, the best podcasts are always with people who've been friends for ages. =]
    "The truth is far darker than you could ever imagine" -The Chronicles of Gyzra
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

Meh Crusader Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Artemis Watermelon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2013 11:15 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tarkenfire Steam ID: Tarkenfire

Quote Originally Posted by Minagi View Post
    *sigh* So yeah I didn't join JUST to find a podcast host, that was just the first thing I wanted to post about. And the first reply I got from this forum community was "Do you not have any friends?" How am I supposed to take that other than hateful? Yes, I would like to have conversations with people before moving ahead. This is the first step to having those conversations. The first words.
    So far this particular branch of my networking tree has yielded a writer and a website that wants to host it. However, I still need two other very important components, the "tech guy" and my co-host. Tarkenfire, if you think that putting forth a decent podcast you HAVE to have everyone in the same room at the same time, please let me know. I thought it could be done with the right tools and a good skype connection.
    With a reasonable connection and something less bad than Skype (read: Google talk), you don't need to be in the same place. The big advantage to being in the same place is two-fold, similar acoustics and the ability to know when the other person (or people) is/are about to talk by seeing them. The latter can be remedied by the advent of video cameras on web calls. The former can be remidied by decent recording equipment and due diligence whilst recording. It's certainly possible to do in separate locations.

By the by, on this forum, if you want someone to get "pinged", you need to put an @ symbol in front of their name, ala @Minagi .
    Last edited by Tarkenfire; 01-29-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: I accidently cursed...damn you Skype for being bad.
    Less is more.

Closed Thread

Thread Information