AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Romance manga recommendations?

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Snowman PPG Blossom Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2020 02:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Romance manga recommendations?

I'm looking for light-hearted romance, one without a whiny lead. No yuri/yaoi, or hentai.
    Sugars, Horimiya and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii are few of my favourites, if there's anything similar it'd be great ^_^
    SoundCloud: Angery
    Short covers on Instagram: @project_mercury
    YouTubes: Angery Project Mercury

- views and any interaction all appreciated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Romance manga recommendations?

I don't know about manga, but some good romance anime:

Your Lie in April. A former child prodigy is inspired to return to the piano by a free spirited girl, who seems to like his best friend.

Millennium Actress. A famous actress in her later years reveals the secret behind her career -- a long lost love. I consider this a romance.

I will be back if I think of more.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 12-23-2016 at 12:14 PM.

3. Thanks Happyblossom thanked for this post
    Junior Member Tarnacle is on a distinguished road Tarnacle's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2017 02:36 PM
    Threads

Some come to mind...
    There's My Little Monster (A cold bookish girl who only cares about grades becomes friends with a guy who stopped going to class because he got in a fight on the first day of classes. They bond over how little either of them know about human interaction.)

Ao Haru Ride (A pretty girl didn't have a lot of friends in middle school because her classmates were jealous of her looks, so she acts tomboyish and disheveled in highschool to ward of guys' attention and be more liked by the girls. A boy she knew in middle school (who she shared some memories with when they were children; he ended up blowing off their date and disappearing without saying goodbye) returns to her school system.)

Then there are some more popular romance ones that I personally love the most.

Ouran High School Host Club (A serious, bookworm (relatively poor) girl gets a scholarship to go to a prestigious high school, Ouran Academy. Everyone there is rich and snobby. Somehow, due to her disheveled look (she cant afford a school uniform and her hair is pixie cut short), she gets mistaken by the Host Club (a group of guys) as a guy. After she ends up owing the Host Club money, she joins their club as a Host to pay back her debt, but she has to pretend that she's a guy.) This one is really silly, with a lot of strange comedy, but I find it hilarious, and the lead is definitely not whiny.

Gakuen Alice (This one is adorable. A 10 year old girl, super enthusiastic, kind, and happy is friends with a quiet, serious girl. The serious girl gets pulled out of their school and goes to a special academy for children with 'alices,' supernatural abilities ranging from time travel to wielding fire. The enthusiastic girl misses her friend so much that she runs off to the city to find the academy and see her friend. When she gets there, they find out that she has an alice of her own and gets enrolled in the academy as well.)

All the ones that I just said are both anime and manga, but I personally suggest that you don't watch the anime for Gakuen Alice because it only covers like 10% of the manga.

5. Thanks Happyblossom thanked for this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnacle View Post
    Some come to mind...

Ouran High School Host Club (A serious, bookworm (relatively poor) girl gets a scholarship to go to a prestigious high school, Ouran Academy. Everyone there is rich and snobby. Somehow, due to her disheveled look (she cant afford a school uniform and her hair is pixie cut short), she gets mistaken by the Host Club (a group of guys) as a guy. After she ends up owing the Host Club money, she joins their club as a Host to pay back her debt, but she has to pretend that she's a guy.) This one is really silly, with a lot of strange comedy, but I find it hilarious, and the lead is definitely not whiny.
    The anime was pretty good as well. Only it was in bad need of a second season.

7. Thanks Happyblossom thanked for this post
    The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Love so Life is a completed series about a young orphan girl who acts as a care-giver to a pair of toddler twins being raised by their uncle, whose father left them in his care and disappeared when his wife/the twins mother passed away.

Re-Life is ongoing about a 27 year old man who is traumatized from his first job and now finds it hard to get a new job. Hes approached to join the Re-Life program, where an experimental drug will make him look 17 again and he spends a year in high school, after which he'll be given a letter of recommendation to another company for employment. As the year progresses he starts to fall in love with a high school girl who has trouble making friends

Last Game is a completed series about a guy who was rich, top of his class and good at sports who suddenly becomes second place to a poor, 'boring' girl. He spends his life trying to surpass her, eventually falling in love with her.

Ore Monogatari has an anime that was just so great to watch. Im not sure if the manga is completed or not....its about a guy who is large and intimidating looking who protects a cute, tiny girl on a train from a molestor. She asks him to be her boyfriend and the two enjoy their relationship. It happens pretty early so the story isnt about the build up of it all, its more about them as a couple and dealing with first kisses, holding hands, etc

Hmmmm, thats all I can think of that isnt already listed

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

9. Thanks Happyblossom thanked for this post
    Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom has a reputation beyond repute Happyblossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I don't know about manga, but some good romance anime:

Your Lie in April. A former child prodigy is inspired to return to the piano by a free spirited girl, who seems to like his best friend.

Millennium Actress. A famous actress in her later years reveals the secret behind her career -- a long lost love. I consider this a romance.

I will be back if I think of more.
    I was thinking of trying Your Lie in April while I have never heard of Millenium Actress. Seems interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnacle View Post
    Some come to mind...
    There's My Little Monster (A cold bookish girl who only cares about grades becomes friends with a guy who stopped going to class because he got in a fight on the first day of classes. They bond over how little either of them know about human interaction.)

Ao Haru Ride (A pretty girl didn't have a lot of friends in middle school because her classmates were jealous of her looks, so she acts tomboyish and disheveled in highschool to ward of guys' attention and be more liked by the girls. A boy she knew in middle school (who she shared some memories with when they were children; he ended up blowing off their date and disappearing without saying goodbye) returns to her school system.)

Then there are some more popular romance ones that I personally love the most.

Gakuen Alice (This one is adorable. A 10 year old girl, super enthusiastic, kind, and happy is friends with a quiet, serious girl. The serious girl gets pulled out of their school and goes to a special academy for children with 'alices,' supernatural abilities ranging from time travel to wielding fire. The enthusiastic girl misses her friend so much that she runs off to the city to find the academy and see her friend. When she gets there, they find out that she has an alice of her own and gets enrolled in the academy as well.)

All the ones that I just said are both anime and manga, but I personally suggest that you don't watch the anime for Gakuen Alice because it only covers like 10% of the manga.
    I liked Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun(Sasayan ftw). Ao Haru Ride is... I don't know, seems cliched? I haven't watched it though. Ouran and Gakuen Alice seem intriguing, might try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Love so Life is a completed series about a young orphan girl who acts as a care-giver to a pair of toddler twins being raised by their uncle, whose father left them in his care and disappeared when his wife/the twins mother passed away.

Re-Life is ongoing about a 27 year old man who is traumatized from his first job and now finds it hard to get a new job. Hes approached to join the Re-Life program, where an experimental drug will make him look 17 again and he spends a year in high school, after which he'll be given a letter of recommendation to another company for employment. As the year progresses he starts to fall in love with a high school girl who has trouble making friends

Last Game is a completed series about a guy who was rich, top of his class and good at sports who suddenly becomes second place to a poor, 'boring' girl. He spends his life trying to surpass her, eventually falling in love with her.

Ore Monogatari has an anime that was just so great to watch. Im not sure if the manga is completed or not....its about a guy who is large and intimidating looking who protects a cute, tiny girl on a train from a molestor. She asks him to be her boyfriend and the two enjoy their relationship. It happens pretty early so the story isnt about the build up of it all, its more about them as a couple and dealing with first kisses, holding hands, etc

Hmmmm, thats all I can think of that isnt already listed
    Love so Life seems ok, Last Game sounds good, so does Ore Monogatari(I've seen a few screenshots too, nice).
    And I love ReLIFE.

Thanks so much for the recoms everyone~ ^_^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Happyblossom View Post
    I was thinking of trying Your Lie in April while I have never heard of Millenium Actress. Seems interesting though.
    Millenium Actress: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291350/combined

Have your hanky ready for both!

Junior Member cathahaha is on a distinguished road cathahaha's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2017 11:26 PM
    Threads

You could read the Manga of Kaichou wa maid-sama. It is about a tsundere girl and a popular boy who grow into a strong relationship. Typical Plot, but it was okay. You could watch the anime too.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Millenium Actress: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291350/combined

Have your hanky ready for both!
    Haha, I'm quite the unfeeling watcher, but will do.

Quote Originally Posted by cathahaha View Post
    You could read the Manga of Kaichou wa maid-sama. It is about a tsundere girl and a popular boy who grow into a strong relationship. Typical Plot, but it was okay. You could watch the anime too.
    It was actually my first romance anime, it was okay.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Happyblossom View Post
    Haha, I'm quite the unfeeling watcher, but will do.
    Me too. But I still got misty eyed with Millennium Actress, as well as Your Lie in April. Grave of the Fireflies was not a romance, but I remember tearing up for that as well.

Junior Member queenerza is on a distinguished road queenerza's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 06:38 PM
    Threads

- Crazy girl Shin Bia ( korean)
    - Antique Romance
    - Kimi no neiro
    - Akuma de Sourou
    - Love in The Mask

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Please teacher

Girlfriends

Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2017 07:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This might not suit what you are looking for but I sure did enjoy it.

Rose of Versailles

The Rose of Versailles focuses on Oscar Francois de Jarjeyes, a girl raised as a man to become her father's successor as leader of the Palace Guards. A brilliant combatant with a strong sense of justice, Oscar is proud of the life she leads, but becomes torn between class loyalty and her desire to help the impoverished as revolution brews among the oppressed lower class. Also important to the story are her conflicting desires to live life as both a militant and a regular woman as well as her relationships.

Junior Member anc_voin is an unknown quantity at this point anc_voin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2017 09:56 AM
    Threads

yeah i think Nisekoi is the best romance anime of all time . i also read the mangga and i'm sure many people will love that anime.

Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

I would check out Toradora and Golden Time, created by the same author, and Kodocha, which is more tween romance than anything, but has good and intriguing story arcs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information