AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Youtube - Where's the Fair Use?

Senior Member Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna has a reputation beyond repute Sustainna's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Movie Ticket Red Dango Notebook
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solomore Steam ID: sustainna

Default Youtube - Where's the Fair Use?

Nostalgia Critic has posted a video yesterday about a very important topic. Please take a few minutes, watch the video and educate yourselves. This is something that has been being more abused in the past year and getting worse. Feel free to leave comments as usual, but I recommend watching the video in its entirety before commenting.

Last edited by Sustainna; 02-17-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    "Used to be named Solomore. Adopted a new Username/Handle. Find me on Twitch! Twitch.tv/sustainna"
    If My Heart Had Wings Review: ~*10/10*~ http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...eart-Had-Wings
    Katawa Shoujo Review: 9/10 http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...-Katawa-Shoujo
    Facebook Page for Visual Novel Fans: https://www.facebook.com/visualnovelfanclub

Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Black Beauty LesPauls AK47
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2019 09:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Teru_Murasame Steam ID: The_Human_Panzer

Default Re: Youtube - Where's the Fair Use?

I saw this video last night, and Doug brings up a lot of good points. One would think that Hollywood would feel comfortable cohabitating on a site such as Youtube. Worst comes to worst, any "bad publicity" that comes with a review of a shitty movie could/should be viewed as publicity nonetheless and keeping the name out there. Not to mention the metric frellton of movie trailers and whatnot that are posted. It's okay for Hollywood to push their films on Youtube, but god forbid if someone decides to provide some insightful criticism with a review.

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Let's start with a bullet

3. Likes Sustainna liked this post
    Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Capitalism. The end of us all
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

5. Dislikes AllHopeInEclipse disliked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Eh.....

If you don't like Youtube then don't use it IMHO. The real problem is dealing with youtube and their copyright umbrella system to where the uploader is liable and not Youtube for any copyright infringement. So they basically just take their hands off and go the "you deal with it" approach which from a business standpoint is the smartest and safest way to go otherwise youtube probably would not exist if they had to personally deal with every single legal case.

But of course the amount of exposure and traffic YT brings into any popular channel is far to great to leave behind and start your own site for your own video business. Not to mention their system pretty much cuts out the need to hire a lawyer. You fill out the claims and counterclaims yourself no lawyer needed really unless you wanted to push the issue further whereas if you were on your own you'd defiantly need a lawyer to handle any claims that came your way since they'd be more willing to go to court if they sought you out personally rather than just pressed a few buttons on YT and let the system do the work for them.

If these people would just leave youtube and use their own sites with their own individual legal department they wouldn't have to deal with YTs stupid claim system. If someone gave them a claim on their own website they could instantly counter it and if it were to be a false claim then the sender can face repercussions from sending out a false DMCA claim and the victim could possibly receive damages.

But alas it's easier to complain about a broken system on a video hosting site than to do something about it such as get the highest YT stars and just leave with a notice why.

The laws are pretty clear cut. Youtube is just making it difficult and creating loopholes just to save themselves from a lawsuit.

Also I'd gamble and say less than a quarter "fair use" claiming videos on Youtube are legitimate fair use since illegal streams are rampant and the majority.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

7. Dislikes Sustainna disliked this post
    <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

This kind of thing doesn't directly effect me, but I do agree with everything this guy has stated in this video.

It's kind of sad that huge Hollywood names are so afraid of a simple movie review. They don't care about getting criticism to help better future films, they just want everyone to love everything they make without complaint, and if a complaint were to arise, they try to squash it like a bug before it can even grow it's wings. (Yay hyperboles!)

YouTube, even with this unfairness, will probably thrive for a really long time and nothing will change unless someone really popular speaks against it, then the masses will go into a hysteria. Idk though, I'm still going to keep watching YouTube until it somehow starts effecting me in a negative way or somehow causes paramount human suffering.

It's totally the whole Big Brother Is Watching thing tho. Just wait, you'll see. You'll all SEE!
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1 View Post
    Capitalism. The end of us all
    Off topic, but in a true capitalist system government laws wouldn't protect big business like this.
    Last edited by Kumagawa; 02-17-2016 at 11:11 PM. Reason: I wrote bug business instead of big business xD

10. Thanks AllHopeInEclipse thanked for this post
    Likes AllHopeInEclipse liked this post
    Senior Member AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse has a reputation beyond repute AllHopeInEclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2016 10:21 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    Off topic, but in a true capitalist system government laws wouldn't protect bug business like this.
    Laissez-faire capitalism, free market economy, and small government. Couldn't have said it better myself.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information