AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Worst type of anime fan?

Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

Default Re: Worst type of anime fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    Nope, and I thank god I haven't.
    That being said, I remember an anecdote from a girl I know about hetalia. She said that most fans care more about the ships and the fanfiction that the actual show.
    Maybe that's why people get annoyed about other ships and stuff? Honestly, the behaviour of fanboys and girls boggles my mind so it's just a speculation.
    That's true, and a lot of the fanfictions were AU and had like nothing to do about the anime. Each episode was only five minutes long, and the history wasn't all accurate but fans didn't pay attention to that no- they paid attention to all the pairings. :/

Your Neighborhood Otaku! Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku"'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Naruto Sharingan Taurus Red Dango
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2016 03:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So basically watch a series till the end no matter how bad it is. I refuse to waste my time and energy watching something that I don't like plain and simple. I don't have the time to waste bull-shitting on a series that I didn't even enjoy. That sadistic if you ask me.
    The best must always be treated with respect.

3. Likes Jean Markale, Teru Murasame liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Have you heard of a series call Oban Star Racers?

Take a look and guess where it was made. (Anyone who already knows, no hints!)

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna guess Europe.

Junior Member Yenny is on a distinguished road Yenny's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2016 04:47 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: KingYenny

I dont like fans who boil anime down to art style and neglect other elements of the series/movie/whatever. For instance I had a really lengthy discussion with a friend who thought Ping Pong was bad because it was "ugly". Set aside the fact that the series was really interestingly stylised and looked a lot more interesting than anything else that season, the anime had a really touching story and amazing character development and the fact that my friend had ignored all of that just because it wasn't some clean cut A-1 pictures rip off style really bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    This soooo much.

Hipsters everywhere. And I dislike extreme weabooos as well..
    Or people who can't appreciate newer or different anime.

Or people who diss Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because they are a bunch of ignorant homophobes....when they don't even know what is it about.
    One of the many reasons why JoJo is so good is BECAUSE of how homoerotic it is. Also IV Josuke is best JoJo.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yenny View Post
    I dont like fans who boil anime down to art style and neglect other elements of the series/movie/whatever. For instance I had a really lengthy discussion with a friend who thought Ping Pong was bad because it was "ugly". Set aside the fact that the series was really interestingly stylised and looked a lot more interesting than anything else that season, the anime had a really touching story and amazing character development and the fact that my friend had ignored all of that just because it wasn't some clean cut A-1 pictures rip off style really bothered me.

One of the many reasons why JoJo is so good is BECAUSE of how homoerotic it is. Also IV Josuke is best JoJo.
    I made that post in 2013. I think people are more accepting of JoJo compared to around the time when Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency (anime season 1) released. We still have some leftover ignorant people of course. Giorno is best JoJo for me.

Junior Member Evans is an unknown quantity at this point Evans's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2016 11:38 AM
    Threads

Honestly, I only dislike fans who take things too far without thinking it through. Take that as you will

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by HydraPunchMan View Post
    I'm gonna guess Europe.

And this "guess" would be based on what?

How about this one?

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    And this "guess" would be based on what?
    Copyright text.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Though so. Yeah, it's made in France.

And that last one is by a Russian.... and Dramacon actually has a whole thing where someone goes all racist about where anime can be made and by whom.

Junior Member Sasuke inazuma 11 is on a distinguished road Sasuke inazuma 11's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Bob Pepsi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2016 09:12 AM
    Threads

Weaboa's (did I spell it wrong?)
    It's better to fall in love with someone you used to hate than not fall in love at all.-Kyouya Haobara- (lol)

Senior Member Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Systems NES Controller Char Zaku MS 06S Autobots
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 09:08 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxDUNNxxDOLOxX

I really dislike those fans that think Sword Art Online is the greatest anime ever created and its the only real anime they have ever watched. I hate people like that.

They watch one anime and swear by it like a lot of SAO fans do and that's why you see it everywhere. Gets on my nerves so bad.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0095711AAtzO6V

1:What do they call cartoons in Japan?
    2: Anime
    1: What, even if it's not made in Japan?
    2: Yep

Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

786 Fans who hate on you for thinking that Japanese girls are hot. I've been to twenty countries, I'm bloody well entitled to my opinion insofar as it is possible to generalize about a large population. Of course there are exceptions to everything and when one makes a statement like that it ought to be understood by anypony with a brain that one is capable of making distinctions between individual members of a class. It doesn't automatically mean that one finds all Japanese girls beautiful, nor that one believes that no other girls can be breathtakingly gorgeous. There are beautiful girls everywhere in the world, but sometimes a given population can indeed tend to have a higher percentage of those who particularly ring an individual's bell. Yet some fans act like it's something inherently impossible or illogical, or somehow ethically questionable. Sheesh.
    Next, fans who treat the appropriation and use of Japanese words by other fans (even those who are studying the language) as some kind of unspeakable crime, all while the Japanese themselves use English words in their speech with merry abandon.

Member Na11 is on a distinguished road Na11's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2016 12:22 PM
    Threads

To me, the worst type of anime fan is an anime fan who judges other anime fans on what they do/like/watch, without meeting them.

And for the pretty cure fans out there, check out my site We Are Pretty Cure.

17. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Na11 View Post
    To me, the worst type of anime fan is an anime fan who judges other anime fans on what they do/like/watch, without meeting them.
    Be fair. How many people do you think anime fans get to meet int heir parents' basement?

Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

I wrote about The Anime Encyclopedia in other forums, and the authors of that so called reference work are very cynical and negative towards many anime series. I don't know if those authors should even consider themselves anime fans at all, just harsh anime critics if anything. They should at least try to be less biased if they want to write a reference for anime fans instead of trashing the fan's favorite series. I never cared for anime fans who think most anime series are garbage, they should try watching something different besides anime.

20. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Junior Member Sogogi110 is on a distinguished road Sogogi110's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2016 01:47 AM
    Threads

The obsessive types who treat it like a religion, cult, or way of life. and especially those who naively jump on the bandwagon and praising it as some "masterpiece"
    it's the most annoying thing for me.

Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sogogi110 View Post
    The obsessive types who treat it like a religion, cult, or way of life. and especially those who naively jump on the bandwagon and praising it as some "masterpiece"
    it's the most annoying thing for me.
    786 Regarding your "bandwagon" observation: what is the "it" referred to in that sentence? Because in the context of the whole post it seems like you are denying that masterpieces exist in this medium. Please dispel my ignorance. Thanks

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Na11 View Post
    So... you?

You just judged a percentage of the anime fanbase and I doubt you have met them all.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ota "The Cutest Otaku" View Post
    So basically watch a series till the end no matter how bad it is. I refuse to waste my time and energy watching something that I don't like plain and simple. I don't have the time to waste bull-shitting on a series that I didn't even enjoy. That sadistic if you ask me.
    Or you love the medium and want to watch as much as possible.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Junior Member TMac3000 is on a distinguished road TMac3000's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2016 05:42 PM
    Threads

High everybody--I'm new here, so let me just say, for my first ever post on this forum:
    I only have a small circle of friends, so I don't encounter a lot of the nasty types mentioned here, though I have no doubt they are out there.
    To me, the worst people in anime are the same kind that is the worst in anything else: people who simply cannot tolerate disagreement. "Oh my God, you like this/that, hate this/that?! You're so stupid!"
    The kind of people whose egos are so unspeakable that they mistake their personal opinions for facts.

25. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Your Neighborhood Otaku! Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku" has a reputation beyond repute Ota "The Cutest Otaku"'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Or better yet I don't feel like wasting my time at all be it on a shitty anime series or on a person. Even if the medium itself is good they will be stuff i don't like and because I don't like it if I can help it I don't watch it.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Or better yet I don't feel like wasting my time at all be it on a shitty anime series or on a person. Even if the medium itself is good they will be stuff i don't like and because I don't like it if I can help it I don't watch it.
    That's completely fine if you personally don't want to watch the series, but understand there are fans who can appreciate an anime even if its not very good. You call it a waste of time, but I and many don't see it that way. We love the medium and appreciate the series within it. We are in no way sadistic, but rather dedicated fans.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm just a dedicated as the next otaku I just see it as a waste to watch something thatI don't like. With an American movie if i don't like i don't expect people to be like movies are a great medium and even if it sucks you should still like it. Love the medium itself just don't like everything in it. Simple as that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm just a dedicated as the next otaku I just see it as a waste to watch something thatI don't like. With an American movie if i don't like i don't expect people to be like movies are a great medium and even if it sucks you should still like it. Love the medium itself just don't like everything in it. Simple as that.
    I'll repeat myself: Its fine if you don't enjoy watching anime you personally find weaker than other anime, but also let me say again that I don't see it as a waste of time because watching anime is a hobby of mine and I can appreciate weaker anime because I adore the medium. That's not sadistic, but showcases fans who are more dedicated to the medium. Its not a contest nor am I saying you don't love anime or aren't dedicated, but logic clearly shows you aren't as dedicated to the medium as some others. I'll repeat, its not a contest. Rather, I'm just saying and defending people like me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information