AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Forum's 2015 Game of the Year Awards [Discussion & Nominations Thread]

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Anime Forum's 2015 Game of the Year Awards [Discussion & Nominations Thread]

Hard to believe GOTYs were never made despite how long Anime Forum has been around, but it's always better late than never, right?

So as the thread's name implies, we will decide our game of the year as a community. Due to the size of our community, as well as this being our first event, I want to keep it simple and just have one category.

So with that being said, let's look back at what this year has offered in terms of gaming and to recognize which game deserves game of the year.

So shall we begin?!

Guidelines

1. To participate in this event, you must place your top games of 2015 in no particular order. The minimum of games you can nominate is 1 while the maximum is 15. (Otherwise it beats the purpose of making this)

1.5 As stated above, it is not required that you post your list of games in a particular order but it is recommended. You don't need to follow any necessary formats as long as understandable.

2. You must only post games that were released in 2015. Remasters and (late) Ports that released in 2015 are allowed as well. Late regional releases are allowed as well but try to be honest and use this rule if it actually applies to you. Don't lie just so you can include a game to your list.

2.1 While not required, it would be helpful to state what system you played the game on.

2.2 As long as you know enough about the game (whether someone told you about it or watched a full playthrough), you're allowed to nominate it.

3. You can submit your list of games as soon as this thread is live. You may edit your list as much as you want until the deadline. Nominations will be accepted until December 22nd 11:59 EST. Anything after that will not be considered.

4. Once we meet our deadline, I will tally up all nominations and whatever game makes it to the the Top 10 will make it to the next round.

If for some weird reason you don't have an idea of what games were released in 2015, here's a list that will be very helpful.

Have Fun!
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-14-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime Forum's 2015 Game of the Year Awards [Discussion & Nominations Thread]

I vote bloodborne. Also, bethesda needs to learn to stop being sneaky with always realesing close to end of the year. Sorry, bethesda, this time around I'm going to lump you with 2016 games. Car makers do the same thing and so should they
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime Forum's 2015 Game of the Year Awards [Discussion & Nominations Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1 View Post
    I vote bloodborne. Also, bethesda needs to learn to stop being sneaky with always realesing close to end of the year. Sorry, bethesda, this time around I'm going to lump you with 2016 games. Car makers do the same thing and so should they
    So Bloodborne was this only game you played this year, or worthy of your nomination?

Just making sure if the rules weren't clear enough, that's all. ^^;;

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    So Bloodborne was this only game you played this year, or worthy of your nomination?

Just making sure if the rules weren't clear enough, that's all. ^^;;
    Bloodborne is my nomination. Sorry, I have the habit of rambling on sometimes.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Alright cool. I'll copy and paste mine:

My Top 15
    Xenoblade X
    The Witcher 3 (PC)
    Splatoon
    Super Mario Maker
    Yoshi's Woolly World
    Fallout 4 (PC)
    Dying Light (PC)
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PC)
    Rocket League (PS4)
    Bloodborne
    One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4)
    Fatal Frame V
    Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
    Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
    Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Honorable Mentions:

Clannad
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online
    Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (PS4)
    Dragon Quest Heroes
    Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    Arslan Senki
    Majora's Mask 3DS
    Resident Evil HD
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-13-2015 at 09:13 PM.

6. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    /v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

hotline miami 2: wrong number (ps3)
    feed your monster

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daft View Post
    hotline miami 2: wrong number (ps3)
    Good pick. I really enjoyed both this one and the first one. I bought them during a Steam sale and I'm currently playing the first one on PS Vita. I loved the second one so I would love to get it on PS Vita as well.

I should put it in my honorable mentions. While I enjoyed it, it can't beat the other games.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-14-2015 at 02:17 AM.

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Eh so games that were released in 2014 on PC but released in 2015 on consoles don't apply?
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    Eh so games that were released in 2014 on PC but released in 2015 on consoles don't apply?
    What I meant with the part of the rule exception was that they can override the 2015 rule.

Cause like although a Remastered game released this year, the actual game is old. Same applies to old console games coming to PC this year.

EDIT: I fixed it so it makes more sense now.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-14-2015 at 09:31 AM.

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

What I meant with the part of the rule exception was that they can override the 2015 rule.

Cause like although a Remastered game released this year, the actual game is old. Same applies to old console games coming to PC this year.

EDIT: I fixed it so it makes more sense now.
    So then they do apply xD? Confusion was super effective!
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So then they do apply xD? Confusion was super effective!
    Yes they do, as long as the Remaster or late port was released in 2015.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Alright the I'll throw a few out ~

- Fallout 4
    - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One/PS4)
    - Dying Light
    - Mortal Kombat X
    - Witcher III

14. Thanks Hanamaru Kunikida thanked for this post
    Likes Hanamaru Kunikida liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Alright the I'll throw a few out ~

- Fallout 4
    - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One/PS4)
    - Dying Light
    - Mortal Kombat X
    - Witcher III
    Oh....that makes sense.

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

I haven't played many 2015 games because I'm a filthy last-gen peasant (rip). As a matter of fact, the only two I can think of off the top of my head are Blops3 and Teslagrad. However, if @Kaitou+ is willing to allow us to count playthroughs we've watched, then I have quite a few in mind.
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 12-14-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Autocorrect, how I loathe thee.

My mood on a daily basis

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieWolf2508 View Post
    I haven't played many 2015 games because I'm a filthy last-gen peasant (rip). As a matter of fact, the only two I can think of off the top of my head are Blops3 and Teslagrad. However, if @Kaitou+ is willing to allow us to count playthroughs we've watched.
    That would be like a reviewer watching someone's playthrough and then write a review about the game. (Although I'm sure some of these dudes do that anyway)

So yeah, no. I dunno why would you recommend a game you didn't play.

EDIT: I might consider it if this thing ends up kind of dead.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-14-2015 at 11:07 AM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There haven't really been many games in 2015 I've actually bought or found to be 'good' games so...

Games that I've played/am aware of that I feel are worthy of a GOTY title, in order;

1) Rocket League
    2) Fallout 4 (I haven't played it but I can tell that it's a good game from hearing about it)
    3) Grand Theft Auto V
    4) Forza Motorsport 6 (even though I don't own it)
    5) Yoshi's Woolly World (It's pretty creative)

Yeah, not many games of 2015 that have remotely interested me. I'm keeping the "Kickstarter" games that I play/own such as Carmageddon Reincarnation, Wreckfest and Grip off of the list because they either aren't actually finished yet or in C:R's case even though it's been launched, it's still not content-complete and a bit buggy.

:/ Yes, I am sad.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

19. Thanks Hanamaru Kunikida thanked for this post
    Likes Hanamaru Kunikida liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Screw it. If you know enough about a game and heard its good or watched a full playthrough then its allowed.

Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Cake Spinning Beach Ball Doom Baka
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hm.. here's my list in no particular order~
    - Sims 4
    - Super Mario Maker
    - UNDERTALE
    -
    Fallout 4

That's about it~

"I will make Hiyori the happiest girl in this world..."

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

In that case:

- The Witcher 3
    - Fallout4
    - Bloodborne
    - Super Mario Maker

Of the ones I remember, those were the best.

My mood on a daily basis

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Screw it. If you know enough about a game and heard its good or watched a full playthrough then its allowed.
    Yeah, if we were only allowed to vote for games we've played my list would be 2 long :x I haven't even finished Woolly World. I can't be bothered to load my WiiU up at all.

Sometimes there are cases where we just don't play games. I mean, I just can't be bothered to, say, buy Undertale or play Splatoon or whatever. :x

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Btw, Telltale's Game of Thrones and Tales of Borderlands also count if you guys were wondering. I mean, most of their episodes came out in 2015 anyway.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I assumed that, but I haven't played either and aside from the fact I find the cutscenes in TFTB amusing I haven't played either of them and don't intend to, they're point-and-click games. :/

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I assumed that, but I haven't played either and aside from the fact I find the cutscenes in TFTB amusing I haven't played either of them and don't intend to, they're point-and-click games. :/
    Oh that post was directed at everyone, lol.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh that post was directed at everyone, lol.
    I know :P

28. Likes Hanamaru Kunikida liked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Fallout 4 and Madden 16
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Closed Thread

Thread Information