AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Animal Rights

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Animal Rights

Bob Barker is a wise man. Heed his words.

But first, some motivation and back-story.

Apparently in the neighborhood of a high school friend of mine (called Sam to protect privacy), there is a male dog (we will call him Spike) that is going around sexually assaulting other dogs in the neighborhood. In fact, Spike doesn't even seem to care whether his prey is male or female, young or old, human or doggy kind. He'll take on anything that isn't fast enough to get away.

Sam brought this to my attention because apparently Lilly (Sam's dog) was sexually assaulted by Spike, and Sam had to chase it off with a Super Soaker. I was pretty skeptical about this because it's not like dogs can talk or anything, so how can you know if it was consensual or whatever. Well Sam reassured me that Lilly "was making noises that a happy, consensual dog would not make", and for a few days she wouldn't eat anything or play Frisbee. "I don't think dogs do that naturally, you know? ...it must be learned behavior, from the owner."

Anyway, Spike's owner's parents were going to host this BBQ. I was offered $100 if I would catch Spike, castrate him, and put his parts on the grill while Sam distracted everyone. My response naturally was "Oh hell no. If you want me to touch someone's dick, it's going to cost $5,000 minimum." Sam wasn't very happy with me so we sort of stopped talking for a while.

That doesn't last long, because in spite of my not giving a damn I am informed that Lily is pregnant.

/BLOGPOST

This is where animal rights comes in. The facts of the case are clear: we have a soon-to-be dead beat doggy daddy, and whats most important is the best interest of the puppies. Statistics say that puppies are happiest with their mother. Sam isn't made of money. They're going to have to add an extra room to the dog house, get some feeding bowls, and buy enough dog food to feed a family.

Don't puppies have a right to puppy support from the father? I mean we do this with humans. Obviously the dogs can't really pay up, but the owner can. Shouldn't Spike's owner have to pay like $200+ a month to make sure Lilly's litter is house-broken, healthy, and well fed?

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Animal Rights

I dont like dogs, I dont like many pets in general either. Mostly because people find their animals just so precious and special like secondary children. That's not to say you shouldnt take care of them, but they require a lot of time and responsibility, which most people just dont have/or want to spend on them. However pets have a special place in society now which is: whatever they do, its your fault. They tear up a neighbor's flower bed, your fault; they poop all over in a park, your fault; they maul a child, your fault. They might make great family members and life long companions, but there's a line, and the line is the fact that most of lack any sort of skill in being able to actually communicate with our animals.

As far as your scenario goes, there's nothing I can really see that would bring 'Spike' to justice. Aside from the fact that these are animals, and you cant say NO and expect them to learn, you admitted that this dog was going around harassing other dogs and it should have been a higher priority to keep Lily away from him at all costs.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes the owner should pay up. It is their fault for not being responsible enough to de-sex their dog...

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

If the dog is castrated it should actually calm down if my biology lessons taught me anything

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Yes the owner should pay up. It is their fault for not being responsible enough to de-sex their dog...
    Uh well if the owners of Lilly did not want any pups then they should've taken that into their own hands to spay their pet if they did not want her to have pups. Otherwise the animal can get pregnant whenever and the owners of Lilly have no say in which dog she gets pregnant by and when. The owners of her should've accounted for this beforehand and if they did not want her spayed then they should've removed her from any possible contact with any other dog via making her an indoor dog or putting her in a fenced in yard that no other dog could enter.

You cannot force someone else to spay/neuter their animal if they don't want to but you can spay/neuter your own animal. So if you do not wish for your pet to get another animal pregnant or if you do not wish for your pet to get pregnant by another animal then that's your own responsibility to take it upon yourself otherwise you'll probably end up with babies at some point.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So yeah your dogs are free targets for puppy making if they aren't spayed and other dogs are running around that shouldn't be.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Senior Member RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan has a reputation beyond repute RainyDayMan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Charleston, South Carolina, Confederate States of America
    Threads

That is why I only have specialty Pets like Hedgehogs. I had one named Margaret Thatcher. I called her Maggie for short. I used to tickle her Tummy, and she would curl up in a little Ball of Spikes. I also had a pet hairless Rat named Susan B. Anthony that I called Susie for short. She gave me Kisses. I also had two hand-fed pied grey Cockatiels named George Corley Wallace, Senior and Lurleen Burns Wallace. They liked to si on my Shoulders and whisper in my Ears and nibble on my Glasses and Lip. They were funny.

"Let us enjoy the Rain together. My Umbrella is always open for you. Knowing me is knowing never having to say goodbye. It never stops raining, does it?"

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Serated @rainbow Crash @0120
    But what about the puppies?!!! They are innocent!

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    What about them? It's the owners of Lilly's problem since they did not have her spayed. They can give the puppies away for free/sell them or just keep them and raise them as is. Tell your friend to stop pushing the blame onto someone else's animal out of their own negligence in the first place. You can't even prove really that it was that specific dog. Maybe Lilly was getting it on with some other dog that you were unaware of. Who knows.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Rainbow Crash , I agree, BOTH owners should have spayed their pets. The only reason for not doing so would be because they wanted them to breed.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Maybe the mom will eat them.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Member KillKaylaDead is on a distinguished road KillKaylaDead's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 08:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: llx Malice xll

This is where animal rights comes in. The facts of the case are clear: we have a soon-to-be dead beat doggy daddy, and whats most important is the best interest of the puppies. Statistics say that puppies are happiest with their mother. Sam isn't made of money. They're going to have to add an extra room to the dog house, get some feeding bowls, and buy enough dog food to feed a family.

Don't puppies have a right to puppy support from the father? I mean we do this with humans. Obviously the dogs can't really pay up, but the owner can. Shouldn't Spike's owner have to pay like $200+ a month to make sure Lilly's litter is house-broken, healthy, and well fed?
    Seems the only way to settle this fairly is to get a paternity test. Once Sam is at least 99.8% sure that Spike IS the father, he should take legal action... Get Spike's owners for all they're worth.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    If the dog is castrated it should actually calm down if my biology lessons taught me anything
    Actually it's best to wait until after they're about 1-2 years old, otherwise they never calm down until they get old.

Personally I believe Sam should be able to give up the litter for adoption at the local shelter, as well as seeing about spaying his dog to prevent any future mishaps from Spike. As for Spike either his owners need to get him under control or the animal needs to be given up to the shelter as well (plus castrated). Obviously his owners don't care for him enough, and short of unethical options (for being inhumane or causing legal trouble), that's about all you can do unless the local area as some form of legislation on the issue. Also, Sam should talk to the local shelter or vet about Spike to raise awareness of this animal and to find out what legal options there may be for forcing Spike's owners to act positively and in the best interest for all the dogs.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Actually it's best to wait until after they're about 1-2 years old, otherwise they never calm down until they get old.

Personally I believe Sam should be able to give up the litter for adoption at the local shelter, as well as seeing about spaying his dog to prevent any future mishaps from Spike. As for Spike either his owners need to get him under control or the animal needs to be given up to the shelter as well (plus castrated). Obviously his owners don't care for him enough, and short of unethical options (for being inhumane or causing legal trouble), that's about all you can do unless the local area as some form of legislation on the issue. Also, Sam should talk to the local shelter or vet about Spike to raise awareness of this animal and to find out what legal options there may be for forcing Spike's owners to act positively and in the best interest for all the dogs.
    Its been 5 years since I last studied animal biology so yeah kinda rusty on that

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

I dont think this would fall under "Animal Rights." Because none of the Animals involved had any rights that were violated. As gruesome as it seems, what we call "rape" is pretty commonplace in nature. Dogs dont get scarred like humans do when another forcibly has their way. Like you said, lilly acted weird for only a few days.

that aside, as far as general legalities concerning the responsibilities of owning pets. Should both dogs have been spayed/neutered? yes. But thats a choice, and it would do no good for either party, to bring up in a court of law. There really is only one plausible argument that could be made. The argument that Spikes owner failed to maintain control of his dog. Spike should never have been able to go around bangin on the neighbor folks pets in the first place. I wouldnt doubt that Lillys owners could get some money for assistance with the puppies.

Lillies owners could also just sell the dogs. Depending on what type they are, they may just make a profit out of this whole mess.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Its been 5 years since I last studied animal biology so yeah kinda rusty on that
    lol Don't feel too bad, I only know from experience of having a horny dog like that too. Luckily he was snipped, but still snipped too early.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    lol Don't feel too bad, I only know from experience of having a horny dog like that too. Luckily he was snipped, but still snipped too early.
    Ahhhhh okay fair enough

Closed Thread

Thread Information