AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rest in peace, AnimeForum.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: Rest in peace, AnimeForum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Markale View Post
    What the deuce does Ace's age have to do with anything?
    It's an easy dig I suppose, as if this is the only thing I do. Or maybe there's an age when one has to pass their sites over to someone else. First I'd be aware of that really.

2. Likes Jean Markale, Rei, Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    That is definitely something worth pondering actually. I don't have a ton of experience with Git, but from what I know, it can definitely work for something like that.
    I briefly looked into it and github only provides private repositories if you pay for membership (https://github.com/pricing). The other option is to install git on the AF server(s?) and set it up appropriately (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v1/Git-on-the-Server). Convenience and a web interface vs free is what this boils down to I think

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

You claim that I had to give ownership of something I built, poured time, sweat and money into to someone else? Who are these people who wanted to take over? Who wanted to buy the sites? Because I will tell you in the decade plus of running the sites, the only offers to buy them off me came from spam companies. No users of the site certainly ever made an offer.
    Also selling the site to someone external to the site worked so well for our friends at Anime-Forums.com (a.k.a. A4).
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran has a reputation beyond repute Syaoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2016 12:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

rest in peace original content

ll Set by Duck [Daken] ll Sprites by genericnpc on Tumblr ll Formerly Dark Butterfly

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
    Still telling people to not use Deadpool in their signature? :P
    Because you're such a big fan of Deadpool that others can't use Deadpool in their sigs?! :P (sarcastic)
    I should've continued to use the Deadpool sig Serated made for me back then just to continue to piss you off.
    Who even are you? I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I don't really know what you're talking about either, lol.

Community forums in general are having a hard time, with large social sites like Reddit, and groups on Facebook and similar having taken most of the traffic that most of the dedicated forum used to have, and quite a few other forums are gone or dead at this point.

You claim that I had to give ownership of something I built, poured time, sweat and money into to someone else? Who are these people who wanted to take over? Who wanted to buy the sites? Because I will tell you in the decade plus of running the sites, the only offers to buy them off me came from spam companies. No users of the site certainly ever made an offer.

If I didn't care, the sites would be shut down, because that's certainly a lot simpler and easier, not to mention cheaper, and as for why things don't change much, the answer is very simple. I am the only one who does coding, maintenance, and now most of the spam cleanup, and when sites are at this size, 90% of your time is maintenance and cleanup/moderating, making changes for the sake of making changes doesn't happen much. Even upgrading the forum software at this point is a several months long operation, because of all the custom hacks and programs that have been written, by me, to get lyrics and other sites integrated.

You want to troll, find another site.
    You haven't poured much time into this site in years. If you had, it wouldn't look like it's straight from 2004.

Sure all forums decline. But at least try to adapt, man.

It's an easy dig I suppose, as if this is the only thing I do. Or maybe there's an age when one has to pass their sites over to someone else. First I'd be aware of that really.
    The 'dig' is that I would expect you to have realized how your refusal to change is killing AF.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 01-02-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Previously I was on AnimeNation. They were just slightly more active, but too many posters were anal retentive.

Before that I was on Adult Swim, where the moderators thought it was fun to alter your postings. It got quite annoying when doing fanfics, which I used to do more often.

Between stops at Adult Swim, I was on another site whose name I cannot remember. There was less traffic there than here, but the few posters there were nice -- until they suddenly dropped off and left me the only poster. It's not like no one was visiting. The number of viewers of my postings was well into the hundreds, but no one responded. So I left.

If you can find a better site, let us know. But this is the best one I have found so far. I would like to get more of a response to my reviews, and more details when posters talk about their favorites, but I realize most people are not into written expression and I accept that. You will find the same on all sites.
    I can give you better websites if you want to discuss anime and people to comment on your reviews. This site is garbage and everybody knows it. Time to move on, who cares.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    (since Ace got triggered and deleted the last thread, this is a re-post)

I came back at the end of 2014. This place was a ghost town.

I came back in early 2015. Still dead.

I came back at the end of 2016. No signs of life.
    Seems to me like it's time to put AnimeForum out of its misery. The glory days are far behind us. Now it's just a place full of bots, spammers, and a few diehards clinging desperately to whatever poor new soul stumbles upon this empty forum. Mods like Eris have been missing for over a year and a half. AF is a dead, utterly lifeless corpse. It's time we take her out back and put her out of her misery.

...see you all again in 2017.
    You came in 2011? Then please see yourself out.

AF wasn't even good in 2011. I hate when irrelevant members who leave for long periods of time try to come into AF and say "do this and fix that". I already talked with higher ups about AF and its not being changed or ever fixed. AF sucks and its time to give up.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Has anyone invited people from other forums to join us here?

I tried and everybody either laughed or said it sucked. Nobody outside of AF takes this site seriously.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I am not inviting anyone from Anime Nation. Too many a-holes there.
    You may like it.
    I remember Anime Nation. That place was grozit.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Ignore him. Bringing up your age in this makes no sense XD

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Well maybe if you stuck around and conversed awhile instead of popping your head in every once in a blue moon; you'd find that it's not so dead.

I need to agree and this thread serves no purpose. If anything, its just a bad version of my threads I have made on AF and has absolutely no legs to stand on. This guy hasn't put in any effort that suggests he deserves a say in AF's future and or demise. At least I helped this site, moderated it and even though have made threads in the past, I at least tried to tackle issues AF had in logical ways.

This thread is annoying because this topic has been done times before and is a bad version of it! I am all for making AF better, but this thread will accomplish nothing!
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    You haven't poured much time into this site in years. If you had, it wouldn't look like it's straight from 2004.

Sure all forums decline. But at least try to adapt, man.
    And this is where you show your ignorance.

Yes, the sited looks like it did in 2004 under the vB3 system, but that's because a lot of us older members (staff and non-staff) are nostalgic dinosaurs. That's the main reason why even with the upgrade to vB4 the site remained the same. Granted now that most of us dinosaurs are "extinct" (at least activity wise) I say we ought to do away with the notion of keeping everything the same for nostalgic reasons. Sure we can keep a few banners and maybe some of the main colors, but it doesn't have to be exact to what we have now and we can change as needed. It has little to do with our Site Owner and Site Admins being too busy, old, or uncaring for the AF or all of the other sites. But if you want to complain as to why we're still on vB4 instead of vB5? In @FlashD 's own words "Because vB5 is crap. Too many security flaws and bugs that would hurt the server because vB decided to stop making a good product. I won't even consider looking at vB5 until they fix all of their problems, and by then vB6 will come out." Why not other forum programs that are available? Because first there's the issue of transferring content (forum sections, threads, posts, attachments, etc.) then there's the problem with the current add-ons and systems we've got (connections to the other sites, the AF Shop, blogs, etc.) that weren't made by vB or someone external, they were hand-coded by our Site Admins. Literally it's easier just to code out a whole new forum, but even then dealing with the same issues will take a long time. We can't expect Kaitou Ace, FlashD, and Jakaio to code until their fingers are worn down to their knuckles AND expect to have it done within 1-3 months with everything working as good or better than it is right now. You'd be absolutely insane for thinking that.

Now, for your charge against Kaitou Ace. That he simply doesn't care about the site. It's simply untrue. He's literally the only "on-call" 24/7 staffer, and brings almost an immediate response time to any sort of issue on any of the sites, including the chat. Massive spam attack? Who's the first person I notify? Him. Chat server's acting funny? Who do I skype? Him. No offense to the other staff, because I heavily rely on them a lot too. But when it's an emergency, I call Kaitou Ace first because he will get it taken care of ASAP. And I know I'm not the only staffer that does this.

Believe me, decades have been poured into keeping this site and it's sister sites going. Through the best of times and the worse of times, our Site Admins have spent countless hours working so we can all enjoy logging in for a few minutes. I know things may not be up to par with your standards of how a forum should be, but there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than you realize. I know it's tough to keep asking for patience, but I'd rather have a solid forum system that's from the days of Win3.1 or Geos Works that people can still use and enjoy than some super buggy system that was rushed out and crashes more than works.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

9. Likes Anime Forum liked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Scruffy - I also wanted to make something clear: I noticed you called out a user and said "who even are you". Well, let's make one thing clear - You aren't relevant so I could say the same about you. When I questioned Ace about him not updating anime globe I had legimitate reasons to be mad since I was always told it would happen. Though, your personal attacks to him and other users absolutely have zero ground behind them. Irrelevant users who admit to come and go and start a thread by saying Ace is triggered and even have the balls to say "who even are you" to somebody else should probably just logout and breathe because everything you have said has been ignorant.

Up until now, you have done absolutely nothing that has offered something new and fresh to AF and deserve no say in when AF is buried. If you're trolling, you are a worse version of me. If you're being serious then you need to learn your place. I might hate AF and the such, but please understand that nobody is taking you seriously. Not even me and probably not even VG..
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 01-04-2017 at 05:41 PM.

The true fan demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Threads

And to add to the Vb5 is crap bandwagon, maybe I should mention hongfire which is running Vb5 and was hacked (I think it was running Vb4 when it was hacked, but it was all the mods that are used that made it more able to be hacked) and is now going downhill because the site is running like complete garbage (most times I can't even gain access) and the guy in charge is hardly around to get things fixed and even then everything he's tried hasn't helped in fixing the load issues.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

As far as changing the site, don't. I hate it when a site changes. My bank just changed their website all around. Now I can't find any information on my accounts at all!

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As far as changing the site, don't. I hate it when a site changes. My bank just changed their website all around. Now I can't find any information on my accounts at all!
    I don't hate when a site changes. Everything in this world changes and changes are needed to advance all creations by life. Change isn't what's bad, but rather useless change is what is bad. Now, let's ask these basic questions:

Q: Does this site need change?
    A: Yes.

Q: Will this site get change?
    A: Unlikely.

Q: Do I agree with this opening poster?
    A: No.

Q: Is change the first thing this site should focus on?
    A: Hell no. What this site needs first is to focus on what needs to be focused on. When those things have been achieved and the userbase has growed from the changes made, then this site can focus on a revamp. Though, I don't see a revamp happening.

I have done and said everything possible in the last four years for this topic. If it hasn't happened now, it probably isn't happening. If you want to discuss anime and have your reviews discussed, post on myanimelist. That's a site that is the current king of all things anme. This site is good for memories and just relaxing from time to time. Though, that doesn't mean it should be buried. Ace has worked so hard to get at it where it is now. Is it the best anime site out there? Hell no. Actually, it sucks and all evidence points to that! Though, I learned that working towards a goal of making it amazing is fruitless. Just enjoy your time here and ignore irrelevant users like Scruffy who even felt the need to call Ace triggered in his profile comments on Ace's profile.

14. Likes Hanamaru Kunikida liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Don't worry; while changes may or may not be drastic, usability and keeping things easy to work with and find is one of our top priorities. I can't promise everything will be easy to find and use, but we'll try our best to make it so. Because we hate not being able to find or use things as much as anyone else does. XD

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meanwhile, any progress on that auto-spamer?

Junior Member AniManga888 is on a distinguished road AniManga888's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2017 07:49 PM
    Threads

I think this forum is awesome. People are very welcoming, and a testament to that is the amount of replies I got when I introduced myself.

18. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

In terms of forum age, I can't really talk about the "glory days of AF" because I've only been here since 2013. In my time being here however, I've met a lot of cool people and made some good friends. You come here complaining about the forum and acting like it's really going to do anything. Why change the way the forum is? Most of the members are familiar with the way the layout is set up now, so what would the point of changing everything around be? It's highly doubtful it will bring in way more activity than before. I'd rather have loyal members who are decent people instead of a bunch of trolls such as yourself.

As for the mod situation, if you did your homework (which I doubt you did) than you'd know that throughout the entire last year there were new mods chosen due to the old mods being MIA etc. So I apologize if the forum isn't what you wish it was, but coming here just to trash it isn't going to have any positive effects. The mods can handle dealing with spam bots, but maybe some of the suggestions in the previous posts would help too, I'm not an expert at coding or any of that so I can't give you anything on that unfortunately.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

20. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    In terms of forum age, I can't really talk about the "glory days of AF" because I've only been here since 2013. In my time being here however, I've met a lot of cool people and made some good friends. You come here complaining about the forum and acting like it's really going to do anything. Why change the way the forum is? Most of the members are familiar with the way the layout is set up now, so what would the point of changing everything around be? It's highly doubtful it will bring in way more activity than before. I'd rather have loyal members who are decent people instead of a bunch of trolls such as yourself.

As for the mod situation, if you did your homework (which I doubt you did) than you'd know that throughout the entire last year there were new mods chosen due to the old mods being MIA etc. So I apologize if the forum isn't what you wish it was, but coming here just to trash it isn't going to have any positive effects. The mods can handle dealing with spam bots, but maybe some of the suggestions in the previous posts would help too, I'm not an expert at coding or any of that so I can't give you anything on that unfortunately.
    To be honest, Scruffy doesn't know anything about the glory days of AF either and that's why this entire thread is cringeworthy. The guy is probably a troll because I saw him looking at the thread after my reply and decided to logout without saying anything which means he's just a bad version of me (if he is a troll...)

Its nice to see you have a backbone though. Its good to know you finally decided to step out of your safe space bubble and actually post something that will help me remember you as a poster idenity.

I also want to say - You guys are going to have to learn and deal with old and new members saying this forum is bad, because it is bad. Most people have embraced that its bad and can admit it honestly so dumping on this forum serves no purpose anymore. I remember back from 2013-2015 people used to say "its good" or "inactive during certain months" or "rising in activity". So, AF in 2016-2017 is better in terms of logcal reasoning.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Meanwhile, any progress on that auto-spamer?
    Well I haven't seen too many spam bots (I mean there are still some, but the Spam-O-Matic is catching quite a bit of them), but I'm sure the real test will come during the Super Bowl or March Madness. Spam bots love to mass spam sporting events.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Well I haven't seen too many spam bots (I mean there are still some, but the Spam-O-Matic is catching quite a bit of them), but I'm sure the real test will come during the Super Bowl or March Madness. Spam bots love to mass spam sporting events.
    I saw quite a few of them the past few days.

Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 08:14 PM
    Threads

I know its not worth much, but i do like the homey feel of these old forums. I got used to the hockeyfuture boards before joigning here so its not bothersome. I do see Anime Forum's (lol, great name) points though, theres truth.
    Sniffling through the forums, its easy to get an idea of some events of the past, but many concerned are not here anymore to give their pov.

Also, guess its good to see some old users rise from their tomb to comment on the situation, haha.

Member Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina has a reputation beyond repute Sensaina's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Luna Artemis
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2017 03:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I miss Animeforum. No one ever responds to the posts or anything. It is a ghost town. Very sad, because I could use more people to talk to ^^'
    On Animeforum since 2013!
    PM me if you need anything! I want to be a Mod someday ^^'

=^w^=

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've been here since 2006. It's true no one really uses forums anymore really. A lot of people still do, but people are more apt to using facebook or twitter now.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Senior Member LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Mario Super Leaf Book PPG Bubbles
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Digital Moonlight View Post
    I've been here since 2006. It's true no one really uses forums anymore really. A lot of people still do, but people are more apt to using facebook or twitter now.
    I hate what social media has done to sites like this. Don't get me wrong, social media has its place. If it weren't for Facebook I couldn't talk to family from other states and friends from school from forever ago, however nothing beats a good old fashioned message board when it comes to coming together with others to discuss similar interests. I just wish more people felt the same way we all do or else this place wouldn't be in the shape it's in. I've been using forums since I was 14, and I still enjoy using them. I hate seeing something I've enjoyed using all these years die. And it's not just this one but others I'm a member of are the same way.
    Last edited by LadyAkita; 01-14-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have Facebook, Twitter and all other social media. If I want to tell something to someone, I will talk to them face to face, or call them if they are out of town. I want others to do the same to me. I am not interested in anything anyone has to say if they are not willing to look me in the eye when they say that. That goes for our Twitter President-elect as well.

BTW, Moderators, have you noticed there is a sh-tload of robo-spam recently posted?
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 01-14-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

I
    BTW, Moderators, have you noticed there is a sh-tload of robo-spam recently posted?
    Yes. But it's just me deleting it, and I am not on the forum every minute, so if I happen to step away for an hour or two, or three even, the spam stays until either I get on, or until someone messages me on Skype or Discord or anything else immediate, and then I will remove it.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes. But it's just me deleting it, and I am not on the forum every minute, so if I happen to step away for an hour or two, or three even, the spam stays until either I get on, or until someone messages me on Skype or Discord or anything else immediate, and then I will remove it.
    Good enough. But there has been quite an increase lately -- it seems.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information