AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rest in peace, AnimeForum.

Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex Popsicle Mario Item Box
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2019 09:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Rest in peace, AnimeForum.

(since Ace got triggered and deleted the last thread, this is a re-post)

I came back at the end of 2014. This place was a ghost town.

I came back in early 2015. Still dead.

I came back at the end of 2016. No signs of life.

Seems to me like it's time to put AnimeForum out of its misery. The glory days are far behind us. Now it's just a place full of bots, spammers, and a few diehards clinging desperately to whatever poor new soul stumbles upon this empty forum. Mods like Eris have been missing for over a year and a half. AF is a dead, utterly lifeless corpse. It's time we take her out back and put her out of her misery.

...see you all again in 2017.

2. Likes Jozette liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Rest in peace, AnimeForum.

Previously I was on AnimeNation. They were just slightly more active, but too many posters were anal retentive.

Before that I was on Adult Swim, where the moderators thought it was fun to alter your postings. It got quite annoying when doing fanfics, which I used to do more often.

Between stops at Adult Swim, I was on another site whose name I cannot remember. There was less traffic there than here, but the few posters there were nice -- until they suddenly dropped off and left me the only poster. It's not like no one was visiting. The number of viewers of my postings was well into the hundreds, but no one responded. So I left.

If you can find a better site, let us know. But this is the best one I have found so far. I would like to get more of a response to my reviews, and more details when posters talk about their favorites, but I realize most people are not into written expression and I accept that. You will find the same on all sites.

4. Likes RunnerNoah, Jean Markale, Jasanime liked this post
    Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy has a reputation beyond repute Scruffy's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Previously I was on AnimeNation. They were just slightly more active, but too many posters were anal retentive.

Before that I was on Adult Swim, where the moderators thought it was fun to alter your postings. It got quite annoying when doing fanfics, which I used to do more often.

Between stops at Adult Swim, I was on another site whose name I cannot remember. There was less traffic there than here, but the few posters there were nice -- until they suddenly dropped off and left me the only poster. It's not like no one was visiting. The number of viewers of my postings was well into the hundreds, but no one responded. So I left.

If you can find a better site, let us know. But this is the best one I have found so far. I would like to get more of a response to my reviews, and more details when posters talk about their favorites, but I realize most people are not into written expression and I accept that. You will find the same on all sites.
    I don't really care about forums much anymore, though MAL is infinitely better as a forum than AF.

AF, AnimeLyrics and AnimeGlobe are all run by a 35 year old man who doesn't care. The sites have stagnated for well over 6+ years, never updating or changing. Ace doesn't care to improve his websites or make any changes. He is content with letting them rot. Which they have.

Worse yet, he wouldn't even give ownership to people who cared. To people who were willing to buy them. Instead of doing something for the better of the community, he chose to be selfish and keep his websites while doing absolutely nothing with them.

And he knows he let his websites die. That's why he deleted this thread.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 12-17-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Well maybe if you stuck around and conversed awhile instead of popping your head in every once in a blue moon; you'd find that it's not so dead.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

7. Likes Astral_Mage, PictureGuy liked this post
    Dislikes Jozette disliked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I hate it when websites "improve." It usually means they are more complex to navigate. So no points lost there.

And I did not notice this site was deleted.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Well maybe if you stuck around and conversed awhile instead of popping your head in every once in a blue moon; you'd find that it's not so dead.
    Uh. Basically every forum is completely dead. Most threads have no new replies in weeks/months. The forum banners are still the same images that were used 5 years ago. So many buttons and images straight up don't work. Mods have deserted this place for over a year and a half.

It is dead in every sense of the word.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Still telling people to not use Deadpool in their signature? :P
    Because you're such a big fan of Deadpool that others can't use Deadpool in their sigs?! :P (sarcastic)
    I should've continued to use the Deadpool sig Serated made for me back then just to continue to piss you off.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Uh. Basically every forum is completely dead. Most threads have no new replies in weeks/months. The forum banners are still the same images that were used 5 years ago. So many buttons and images straight up don't work. Mods have deserted this place for over a year and a half.

It is dead in every sense of the word.
    Then why are you here?

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

I don't really care about forums much anymore, though MAL is infinitely better as a forum than AF.

AF, AnimeLyrics and AnimeGlobe are all run by a 35 year old man who doesn't care. The sites have stagnated for well over 6+ years, never updating or changing. Ace doesn't care to improve his websites or make any changes. He is content with letting them rot. Which they have.

Worse yet, he wouldn't even give ownership to people who cared. To people who were willing to buy them. Instead of doing something for the better of the community, he chose to be selfish and keep his websites while doing absolutely nothing with them.

And he knows he let his websites die. That's why he deleted this thread.
    Community forums in general are having a hard time, with large social sites like Reddit, and groups on Facebook and similar having taken most of the traffic that most of the dedicated forum used to have, and quite a few other forums are gone or dead at this point.

You claim that I had to give ownership of something I built, poured time, sweat and money into to someone else? Who are these people who wanted to take over? Who wanted to buy the sites? Because I will tell you in the decade plus of running the sites, the only offers to buy them off me came from spam companies. No users of the site certainly ever made an offer.

If I didn't care, the sites would be shut down, because that's certainly a lot simpler and easier, not to mention cheaper, and as for why things don't change much, the answer is very simple. I am the only one who does coding, maintenance, and now most of the spam cleanup, and when sites are at this size, 90% of your time is maintenance and cleanup/moderating, making changes for the sake of making changes doesn't happen much. Even upgrading the forum software at this point is a several months long operation, because of all the custom hacks and programs that have been written, by me, to get lyrics and other sites integrated.

You want to troll, find another site.

13. Thanks Tycke, DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

@Kaitou Ace : Wouldn't it be possible for you to add some kind of captcha to the codes? So that new members would have to type in a captcha every time they wanted to post until they hit 10 posts, or just 5? 5 is enough, since no spam bot would get passed the captcha I think.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

It might be worth a shot, but a lot of the captchas are easily defeated by spam bots these days too. What we have at the moment, where you can't post links until you hit five or six posts, and then I either approve the posts, or ban the spammer mostly works. I just wish the mod we have would moderate the threads, not just the posts, as the current setup leaves blank threads until I get around to them.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 12:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love AnimeForum, no matter what. I will stand by AF's side, like a loyal soldier. It is, after all, the Greatest Anime Forum In This World!! You just gotta' believe!

I don't find that it's a sinking ship. Some people just have a lot of things going on in their personal lives, I reckon. So let me be blunt: this is the marvelous AF, still to this day!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
    @Kaitou Ace : Wouldn't it be possible for you to add some kind of captcha to the codes? So that new members would have to type in a captcha every time they wanted to post until they hit 10 posts, or just 5? 5 is enough, since no spam bot would get passed the captcha I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    It might be worth a shot, but a lot of the captchas are easily defeated by spam bots these days too. What we have at the moment, where you can't post links until you hit five or six posts, and then I either approve the posts, or ban the spammer mostly works. I just wish the mod we have would moderate the threads, not just the posts, as the current setup leaves blank threads until I get around to them.
    I'm not a computer geek, so all this sounds complicated to me.

Senior Member LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita is a name known to all LadyAkita's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Mario Super Leaf Book PPG Bubbles
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2018 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I haven't been on much as of late. I've just been busy and have had no time however, this is the best forum I've ever come across, especially where anime is concerned. I will always be here until the day this forum is shut down if it ever is. I may not come on everyday but I will always check ib most days out of the week.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Has anyone invited people from other forums to join us here?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Has anyone invited people from other forums to join us here?
    I am not inviting anyone from Anime Nation. Too many a-holes there.
    You may like it.

21. Likes Peppermint Hearts liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Nah, they banned my butt years ago.

They still talk about me though. Look CLAYTON up in their search engine.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-20-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You were banned from Anime Nation? You have won over my profound respect.

24. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

I joined like a year ago. I don't know many people, but everyone seems nice, and that's better than having a forum full of a bunch of butts and a few decent nice people. I think this is an awesome place to talk, because everyone is so nice, and helpful.

26. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
    Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 08:14 PM
    Threads

Well, i did try to bring new people and be welcoming to new users. Didnt work much though. Forums need a balance of veteran users and fresh blood, since old users cant be expected to stick forever. Which is need here? I dunno.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nice?

Well, maybe.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    I am the only one who does coding, maintenance, and now most of the spam cleanup, and when sites are at this size, 90% of your time is maintenance and cleanup/moderating, making changes for the sake of making changes doesn't happen much. Even upgrading the forum software at this point is a several months long operation, because of all the custom hacks and programs that have been written, by me, to get lyrics and other sites integrated.
    Is it possible to make a private github project and you check out modules that need working on to AF volunteers? I'm probably not the only person with programming experience willing to help out here and there, but contributors will need managing.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cantelope View Post
    Is it possible to make a private github project and you check out modules that need working on to AF volunteers? I'm probably not the only person with programming experience willing to help out here and there, but contributors will need managing.
    That is definitely something worth pondering actually. I don't have a ton of experience with Git, but from what I know, it can definitely work for something like that.

Senior Member Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale has a reputation beyond repute Jean Markale's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 08:13 AM
    Threads

AF, AnimeLyrics and AnimeGlobe are all run by a 35 year old man who doesn't care.
    What the deuce does Ace's age have to do with anything?

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 12:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

AF Forever!!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

33. Likes Jean Markale liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information