AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Amagi Brilliant Park - Extra Magic Hour

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Amagi Brilliant Park - Extra Magic Hour

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ama...amagichour.htm

I'm not familiar with this anime, so perhaps I'm missing something here, but this seems to me to take so many liberties in places that it ends up bearing little resemblance to the original intent of the line.

バラバラだと 見えなかった景色が突然
    目の前に浮かんで 動き出すカンジ

>Unexpectedly, what appeared in front of me,
    >Wasn't a disjointed picture, but a beautifully colored landscape

I'm not totally confident in my parsing of this (what I have right now is "The scenery I couldn't see was torn apart / Suddenly floats before my eyes and I feel I've started moving"), but I can tell you that the current translation ignores 動き出すカンジ, and there's nothing saying "beautifully colored" in there.

新しい出会いの数だけ
    change my world 変わってく世界

>No matter how many times I enter this 25th hour,
    >It never ceases to change my world, again and again

There's no mention of entering a twenty-fifth hour in the original lyrics. This should be something like "Only the number of new encounters / Keeps changing my world"--or "number of new people I meet," if you want to get creative with it.

騒然 鳴り止まぬMusic! 眠っていた ココロ響く
    君と私gradation 空を染める

>With that, my chest reverberated, like a resounding, and undulating melody
    >And the sky, once evenly colored, became tinted in a mysterious gradation

Current translation leaves out 眠っていた and 君と私 while adding in "once evenly colored" and "mysterious." This should be something like "The loud, never-stopping music resonates through my heart that was sleeping / The sky is colored by the gradation between you and me."

燦然 騒ぎ出したParade! 昨日からは 遠く離れ
    君と私celebration頬を染める
    ずっと 終わらないでって 胸の中願っているよ

>Even when days have passed since we took part in that parade,
    >We still held celebrative smiles on our faces
    >It is then, I wished deep in my heart, for this moment to be eternal

The first line is weird, but I'm not sold on the current translation as a plausible version; I read 昨日からは遠く離れ as the parade going far from yesterday, rather than the parade being part of the yesterday, and there's nothing specifying that the speaker and addressee took part in it. As for lines two and three, they're in past tense in the translation, but the original is present tense. I feel like this gives the translation a more melancholy tone than the original.

スレ違うほど 探るよココロ

>My heart will certainly yearn for this feeling once more,

The only thing in this line of the translation that's actually present in the original is "my heart." This should be something like "My heart fumbles around so much it passes things by."

他愛ない出来事も 何気ない言葉もいつか
    消えてしまった後に
    かけがえのないものに変わってゆく…?

When this bizarre phenomenon, along with whatever that happened,
    Eventually disappears, will it be replaced, yet again
    By something , equally as replaceable...?

他愛ない is more silly/foolish/unimportant than bizarre, and 何気ない言葉 is "casual words." かけがえのない, meanwhile, means irreplaceable, and translating it as the opposite changes the meaning of the line quite substantially. This should be something like "Will even silly events and casual words someday, / After they've disappeared, / Change into irreplaceable things...?"

I think these errors are enough to merit a complete retranslation, either by Sora or by someone else (i.e. me).

@AzureDark @そら。

2. Thanks bambooXZX thanked for this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

Default Re: Amagi Brilliant Park - Extra Magic Hour

Yeah, I don't think you really need to know anything about the show for this song, other than maybe that it's about a magical theme park.

Incidentally, AmaBri is pretty great. You're missing out.
    9 years later, I've finally stopped being sleepy...

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: Amagi Brilliant Park - Extra Magic Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Rizuchan View Post
    Yeah, I don't think you really need to know anything about the show for this song, other than maybe that it's about a magical theme park.

Incidentally, AmaBri is pretty great. You're missing out.
    Haha, I'm missing out on a lot of things these days--I'm really bad at keeping up with recent anime. Honestly, though, I need to finish some of the things I've watched about half of and then got distracted before I start anything new...

Closed Thread

Thread Information