AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'pride'

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default 'pride'

I'm gay.

....But I do not get, or enjoy pride, in the slightest bit.

I did a little when I was younger, but even then it felt like a different time. When I was in high school in the early 00s I got made fun of really bad for being gay, and when I first found 'pride' it was kind of a nice feeling. But as I got older (am 35 now) I just... I feel like yeah, there's still hate out there, but we've come a long way and have a lot more acceptance, and the people that do still hate aren't going to change their minds with sex parades... or companies changing their logo for the month... (If anything I feel like it deepens the hate.)

I'm having a harder time this month because... as I've said, in late april my bf of 13 years broke up with me, and, though it wasn't the main reason, it was A reason in the list, that I didn't have any pride. And I just... don't get it at all. I'm not 'ashamed' to be gay, but I'm not 'proud' to be gay either. It... I'm sorry, but it just feels stupid to be 'proud' of who you're attracted to. - I didn't say all that to him, but yeah. (It hurts worse because he was actually in the closet for 11 years - it was long distance - but he would come over here and be one of the family, but his family didn't know I existed until 2020. (And we got together in 2009).

And I mean I wouldn't have stopped him from going to those events, but I just didn't have any interest in it. And that was actually a reason he listed, after 13 years, and being in the closet for 11. It just felt like such a slap in the face.

So I know this probibly isn't the best fourm to ask this, but its the best outlit I have... Is it really bad that I don't like 'pride'? Why do some people think I must be self hating?
    Last edited by Takatofan1986; 06-01-2022 at 12:37 PM.

2. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Default Re: 'pride'

Funny how you don't hear anyone talk about being proud to be heterosexual. Although, you do get those who brag every time they get laid. (I always wondered why some women don't mind having their one night stands plaster their names all over the place.) But you don't see any "heterosexual pride" marches.

Anyway, whatever I think out your lifestyle, I am still too busy trying to get my life in order to pay attention to what you do behind closed doors. Don't you think everyone should be that way?

Jarry Park, Montreal

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Funny how you don't hear anyone talk about being proud to be heterosexual.
    Uh... I don't even know where to BEGIN with that. You do know there are still places where they MURDER people for being gay, right? Rape too of course. Legally.

And until they started doing Pride Festival it happened in America... a lot.

I'm swinging by the SLC pride parade this sunday to hock my books. https://www.amazon.com/Books-C-D-Ove....D.+Overstreet

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-01-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

5. Likes maasadayoo liked this post
    Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Anyway, whatever I think out your lifestyle, I am still too busy trying to get my life in order to pay attention to what you do behind closed doors. Don't you think everyone should be that way?

Exactly, that's my point.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Uh... I don't even know where to BEGIN with that. You do know there are still places where they MURDER people for being gay, right? Rape too of course. Legally.
    I've read in some Arab societies they engage in public castrations and/or "necklacing." That's where a car tire is chained around your neck, gasoline is poured on it, and then it is set on fire.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 12:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Love is love! #HappyPride
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok. So, as a transgender (male to female) person myself, I feel I have a platform to speak my opinion on this.

I have very often been conflicted by the idea that I should have 'pride' in who I am based on something so inconsequential as my gender identity, because to be 'proud' of something, means that I have accomplished a task worthy of praise. Don't get me wrong; coming out of the closet is one of the most difficult things anyone can do. Bigotry will always persist; those people are 'too far gone' in their views. It is so important to remember that people in the LGBT+ community (Despite many different viewpoints), will always support others of the community, because it is that support that will always count.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

10. Likes Digimon_Sommelier, Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 12:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Even bigots can change their minds if they are educated. Not all, but some do. I think such a thing is SUPER!!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I'm gay.

Why do some people think I must be self hating?

Why did you feel the need to ask that question?

Anyway it's all love man. Welcome to Upendi!

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ The Disney lawyers will call you in the morning.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ The Disney lawyers will call you in the morning.
    I'm in line behind these guys

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-06-2022 at 09:33 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information