AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WatchMojo Lists

Junior Member ShintouGenesis is on a distinguished road ShintouGenesis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2016 07:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default WatchMojo Lists

So I honestly don't know where to post this, but miscellaneous sounded about right.

Anyways, my question here is what do you guys think of WatchMojo's anime lists, if anyone watches them? Do you think they're good, bad, and what other anime related questions would you like to see them cover, if any? I've been curious on the community's view of them because I always feel like their lists miss out on some of the lesser known shows, so I was curious.

As an addendum, and I guess part of the reason that I got to thinking about WatchMojo in the first place, they're creating a second "Top Ten YouTube Anime Reviewers" list, and I happen to be on it, which I'm pretty psyched about, so if you want to check that out, it's over here: http://www.watchmojo.com/suggest/Ano...nime+Reviewers

But back to the main point, WatchMojo, yay or nay?

Senior Member Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2015 01:15 AM
    Threads

Default Re: WatchMojo Lists

Saw the first top ten reviewers video. Disappointed Demo D wasn't first, reflecting the poll.

WatchMojo in general tends to be hit or miss for me. Usually erring to the latter recently.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo Outis View Post
    Saw the first top ten reviewers video. Disappointed Demo D wasn't first, reflecting the poll.

WatchMojo in general tends to be hit or miss for me. Usually erring to the latter recently.
    I get why they chose Arkada but I do have to agree with you, on pretty much everything. Not that I have anything against Arkada, he's awesome. Demo is just hilarious, most of the time.

Senior Member Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis has a reputation beyond repute Nemo Outis's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2015 01:15 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ShintouGenesis View Post
    I get why they chose Arkada but I do have to agree with you, on pretty much everything. Not that I have anything against Arkada, he's awesome. Demo is just hilarious, most of the time.
    'S not so much that I like Demo (which, yes – I relatively do), but rather WatchMojo deciding to go with a mix of criteria for ranking, which leads me to question the entire point of the votes in the first place. There could've been alternate ways to go about their production.

In the very least anyway, they could state how they're going to alter (or add to, to probably be more accurate) the criteria and decide the lineup once a suggestion becomes popular enough or selected to be made.

Digress though; that's just my nitpicking after all.

The channel usually seems more interesting to me when they cover historical subjects and things like urban legends. I've always found myself learning or finding out through those than any other.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Trash with results that reflect a casual fanbase.

Best anime ever and DBZ/Pokemon don't go together.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Quote Originally Posted by Your AF Waifu View Post
    Trash with results that reflect a casual fanbase.

Best anime ever and DBZ/Pokemon don't go together.
    that's totally subjective, as DBZ is the ONLY long-running series (200+ episodes) that i've completed, and i've also seen every single movie and special. it may not be the best according to otakus, but for a casual anime fan like me it's extremely accessible, especially Kai which cuts out all the filler and most of the "GRRRAAAAAHHHHH CHARGIN MAH LASERRRR" stuff that takes up half the damn series.

note: i'm definitely not saying DBZ is the best of anything. just that it's easy to digest for light viewing.

anyway, WatchMojo is complete trash. they just take a genre, put the most popular/recognizable stuff from that genre in list form, and poop out a video, with VERY little quality commentary on each piece. they remind me of BuzzFeed, a site made for people who don't like/aren't good at critical thinking.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    that's totally subjective, as DBZ is the ONLY long-running series (200+ episodes) that i've completed, and i've also seen every single movie and special. it may not be the best according to otakus, but for a casual anime fan like me it's extremely accessible, especially Kai which cuts out all the filler and most of the "GRRRAAAAAHHHHH CHARGIN MAH LASERRRR" stuff that takes up half the damn series.

note: i'm definitely not saying DBZ is the best of anything. just that it's easy to digest for light viewing.

anyway, WatchMojo is complete trash. they just take a genre, put the most popular/recognizable stuff from that genre in list form, and poop out a video, with VERY little quality commentary on each piece. they remind me of BuzzFeed, a site made for people who don't like/aren't good at critical thinking.
    The issue is, their lists mostly focus on anime aired in NA and that already defeats the purpose of a "best anime" list. Call it "best anime aired in NA".
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sawyer7Mage isn't on that list so.....

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To me, Gigguk trumps most reviewers in terms of comedy and critical thinking as a emphasis within overall entertainment. Problem with him, is that he uploads like two vids a year.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    To me, Gigguk trumps most reviewers in terms of comedy and critical thinking as a emphasis within overall entertainment. Problem with him, is that he uploads like two vids a year.
    Gotta agree. Gigguk is the man.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information