AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cellphones keep getting dumber

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Cellphones keep getting dumber

Maybe it's just me, but Cell Phones keep getting dumber. I remember the 80s when you had answering machines and if people wanted to talk to you. Then thye came up with cell phones so people could talk o you anywhere... okay.

I guess it wasn't too bad with how many car crashes that caused.

Then they gave people texting. Somehow that seemed like a good idea. I get sending one little message when the other person isn't picking up, but somehow it ended up being how people communicated. And died in car crashes.
    So they fixed that by making the text hear and sort of understand what you say and text for you. Ah, but obviously (and I mean obviously) you can't read and drive, so it also reads what they text out loud.
    So I'm assuming the next application would involve some sort of ingenious device that let's you speak in your own voice and hear the other person. You could even put them in booths on street corners so you wouldn't actually have to carry your cellphone with you everywhere. Just attach them with some sort of cord so people don't steal them.

I also recently heard that the new cellphones are being made out of glass. Supposedly to help them recharge better, but come on, people not only carry these in their pockets (ouchies if you trip), they drop them. And the people coming out with them sell phones.

Seriously?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-10-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

2. Likes .:neuko:. liked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Cellphones keep getting dumber

I guess that by "smartphone" they intend a phone that thinks it's smarter than you, like correcting you texts howere it wants while you get frustrated because YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT TO TYPE. If you give in, and let them message for you, not only will they not text what you had in mind, they'll make you grow stupid and forget yohr grammur

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

4. Likes .:neuko:. liked this post
    Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM! View Post
    I guess that by "smartphone" they intend a phone that thinks it's smarter than you, like correcting you texts howere it wants while you get frustrated because YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT TO TYPE. If you give in, and let them message for you, not only will they not text what you had in mind, they'll make you grow stupid and forget yohr grammur
    I totally agree and I think your point could be applied to just about any smart device in existence.

The problem with so called smart technology is that it encourages people to not think for themselves as all the thinking is done for them. Smart phones, smart TV's, smart meters, smart watches and smart dust are just a few examples of things that are designed to be anything but smart. On the contrary, they are potentially dangerous. I for one will not touch a smart phone or smart meter with a barge pole held by someone else because as far as my research has uncovered, they sharply increase the risks of cancer. Also, just because a thing isn't officially labelled as "smart" doesn't make it any less harmful. Satnavs for example are basically lethal smart maps when you get down to it, and like smart phones they have effectively made people stupid to the point that they cannot read traditional maps anymore--an ability that might come in handy if the GPS gets fried by idk... a solar storm or EMP attack?

And that's just scratching the surface. The big picture is where smart technology is going. "Cellphones keep getting dumber"? Yeah, that's the idea. Smart technology is a self-filling prophecy and the irony is this: The more smart things people own the dumber they get, and the dumber they get the more they depend on smart devices; so the next generation of smart things have to be "dumber" in some respects in order to be accessible. Can you see a pattern here? I would suggest that's why smart phones are, as you put it, getting dumber.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 05-14-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    Threads

The more communication technology advances, the more human communication skill deteriorate. How many people do you know who can't write a simple sentence, or who don't know "their" from "they're" or "there?"

Feed your cat!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information