AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: very specific manga suggestions, you've been warned!

Junior Member faerie-cat is on a distinguished road faerie-cat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2012 06:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default very specific manga suggestions, you've been warned!

ok so, the kind of manga i like is pretty specific, hence the title XD. The fact is i get easily put off alot of anime and i need real help. I'm running out of anime! Ok so i like quite down to earth animes where the characters say thing normal people would, (with the acception of naruto <3 ) This means, no pokemon, digimon, NO SAILOR MOON which leads me onto another thing i am not a fan of. Super big and sparkly eyed girls who say cheesey crap, giggle annoyingly, cry randomly,have an oversized forehead and a miliscule nose. You know the genre dont you people!? It really is tacky and irritating i like romance but preferably like one which isnt COMPLETELY based around that, (although i got completely sucked into 'miki falls' the book, which i loved!) i like actionpacked things to an extent and quite like a bit of blood but nothing too gory also NO NUDITY OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT STUFF sorry but choosing a new manga to watch is so difficult these days because of that! I mean, its just unnesecary! What happened to the good old days of innocent ghibli movies?? (you can probably tell by the above, elfen lied is my worst nightmare XD) ok so what else to say... I suppose going back to "saying and doing things normal people would do", i dont mind comedy but i often find comedy noises and music irritating, and slapstick fainting, nosebleeds, overdramatic stuff is ocossionaly fine but i like to stick to the plot and have more dry sarcasm haha i do like fanciable characters like L from deathnote who is hotz! (deathnote fits the perfect description of everything i like as you can see!) and iam also not a big fan of oversized unneeded breasts or bums. Especially on supposed younger children, its just perverted. I like spiritual things like mushishi, natsume yuujinchou, haibanae renmei pom poko etc they're all cute. So other than that i just have a few lists of animes i like etc
    Natsume yuujinchou
    Naruto
    Claymore... Apart from the episodes with nudity...
    Haibane renmei
    Summer wars
    The girl who leapt through time
    Deathnote
    All ghibli movies (including grave of the fireflies,so sad, so beautiful are there any other similar war animes??)
    The last exile
    Bunny drop
    Miki falls
    Brody's ghost
    Tegami bachi
    Nabari no ou (although i found it hard to get into)
    Origin, spirits of the past
    Hayao miyazaki's earlier stuff (goshu the cellist etc)
    Memories (the omnibus including metalic rose, stimk bomb and cannon fodder)
    I tried black butler. I liked it at first, but anime is something i like to show to my family and friends and the descriptions of what jack the ripper did (although you saw nothing) were not needed in my opinion and not for a family evening there was also s subtle gayness throughout, which i have no problem with but dont really want in that way
    Eden of the east... I liked the story until it got to the whole johnny hunter or whatever she was called, which grossedme out a bit...
    to be honest i am attracted to sweet stories like bunny drop about an inexperienced adult struggling to raise a child but i tried watching clannad after story and __ baby (cant renember exactly what it was called) but they were both a bit naff and fitted the sparkly eyed girl description ftom earlier on ok so i think that might be just about it. I congratulate you if your even attempting to consider all the above imformation and suggest me something because i know its all very specific and i'm asking alot, but who else do i ask?? X thanks people i owe you one!
    -faeriecat

Senior Member SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2013 08:13 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Overlord3k

Default Re: very specific manga suggestions, you've been warned!

I am really not sure if your looking for manga to read or anime to watch since you say both of them in your sentences

I will list a few that you can check out and see if you like or not. I am not 100% sure they fit your description so sorry if a few don't.

Beck
    Toradora!
    Liar Game (manga only)
    One Outs
    Great Teacher Onizuka - not sure

Also if you really like Naruto a lot it wouldn't hurt checking out Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood if anime) and One Piece.

Member CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario ZStar Eva Penpen Gurren Dai Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2012 10:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dirty44Callahan Steam ID: ToradoraWins

If your looking for something a little different in anime to watch (dont know much manga but like SpeaR said you said anime as well) then I suggest watching these:
    1.Spice and Wolf
    2.Eureka Seven
    3.Baccano
    4.Angel Beats

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2015 09:14 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Have you watched Shinkai Makoto's movies? If you haven't, I'd recommend
    5 Centimeters per Second
    Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
    The Place Promised in Our Early Days
    Voices of a Distant Star

Here are a few others:
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (romance, slice of life, a little supernatural)
    Aria the Animation (and the sequels)
    Bartender (rather slow-paced)
    Cross Game (not too heavily focused on romance, down-to-earth characters)
    Eve no Jikan
    Fuujin Monogatari
    Gankutsuou (based on The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas)
    Honey and Clover
    Kuragehime (the male protagonist loves crossdressing, but if you can get past that, it's a good anime)
    Kure-nai
    R.O.D (plus the OVA)
    Ristorante Paradiso (rather slow-paced)
    Romeo x Juliet
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Junior Member faerie-cat is on a distinguished road faerie-cat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2012 06:52 AM
    Threads

thanks guys, i originaly just meant anime but manga is welcome too, sorry for the confusion too and also sorry for how specific it is! lol i'll try some of the things suggested!

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinamawari View Post
    Have you watched Shinkai Makoto's movies? If you haven't, I'd recommend
    5 Centimeters per Second
    Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
    The Place Promised in Our Early Days
    Voices of a Distant Star

Here are a few others:
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (romance, slice of life, a little supernatural)
    Aria the Animation (and the sequels)
    Bartender (rather slow-paced)
    Cross Game (not too heavily focused on romance, down-to-earth characters)
    Eve no Jikan
    Fuujin Monogatari
    Gankutsuou (based on The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas)
    Honey and Clover
    Kuragehime (the male protagonist loves crossdressing, but if you can get past that, it's a good anime)
    Kure-nai
    R.O.D (plus the OVA)
    Ristorante Paradiso (rather slow-paced)
    Romeo x Juliet
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
    Thanks for your suggestions in particular, i havent looked at any yet, but they all look very good and to what i had specified, i'll watch some soon thankyou, and i'm glad i finally found some more anime to my tastes when i have time i'll also have to try Shinkai Makoto's movies! thanks alot

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SpeaR View Post
    I am really not sure if your looking for manga to read or anime to watch since you say both of them in your sentences

I will list a few that you can check out and see if you like or not. I am not 100% sure they fit your description so sorry if a few don't.

Beck
    Toradora!
    Liar Game (manga only)
    One Outs
    Great Teacher Onizuka - not sure

Also if you really like Naruto a lot it wouldn't hurt checking out Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood if anime) and One Piece.
    sorry for the confusion i originally meant anime but manga is open to suggestion too, i have tried full metal alchemist before, and when i'm in the mood i do like it quite alot ^^ i have also watched clips of one peice, i'm unsure about it at the moment because i find luffy or whatever his name is a bit annoying.. haha ^_^ i'll definetly look at the others though, thanks

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

thanks for the suggestions! i am trying to stay away from too much nudity and gore so i know from experience that baccano and spice&wolf have a bit of both ^_^ haha! but i'll definetly look into the others thanks
    Last edited by faerie-cat; 01-06-2012 at 10:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information