AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the best unpopular anime you can watch?

Junior Member yatogami is on a distinguished road yatogami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2021 11:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question What is the best unpopular anime you can watch?

Hello everyone

I watched a lot of wonderful and famous anime,
    and now I don't know what I will watch

So I hope that you would suggest some wonderful and unpopular anime for me.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: What is the best unpopular anime you can watch?

Hmmmm.

How about Deadman Wonderland? It lasted only one season. It has a following in the US, but got poor ratings in Japan so there was never a second season. Poor Ganta.

Check out the review section. I have posted on several anime series and movies which I liked and did not like. Feel free to comment.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

3. Likes yatogami liked this post
    Junior Member yatogami is on a distinguished road yatogami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2021 11:39 AM
    Threads

You've seen it before.

Is Durarara good?

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by yatogami View Post
    Is Durarara good?
    No, it's not good. It's great! And don't forget the sequel DurararaX2.

Durarara is one of the most off-beat anime series you will find. There are lots of great characters, almost all pretty eccentric. There are various storylines, and one of the most lovable villains you will ever meet. You should totally check it out.

I wrote about the original and various seasons of the sequel in the Review section.

6. Thanks yatogami thanked for this post
    Likes yatogami liked this post
    🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Really depends on taste. I'm not too sure what's considered unpopular, so I'll just name a few I never see people talk about.

Made in Abyss- Easily one of my favorite. Follows a girl and her new best friend on a journey to the bottom of a giant cursed pit to find her mother and discover the secrets of the Abyss. One season with a movie that continues the story. Great story, art, and ost.

Zombieland Saga- a comedy following a group of zombie girls being forced to become idols in order to save the prefecture of Saga. Occasional CGI aside, a really entertaining anime with some pretty deep moments and one of my favorite openings. One season so far.

Space Dandy- A comedy following a dandy guy in space. Follows a bounty hunter, his robotic vaccum cleaner, and an alien cat as they attempt to survive as bounty hunters in space. One of the best dubs out there, easily better than it's sub counterpart. Super comedic with some deep moments. Fun fact: each episode premiered in the US prior to airing in Japan. Same guy that did Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. Another of my favorite openings. Two seasons.

High Score Girl- Romantic comedy that takes place during the 90's arcade scene in Japan. Follows a slacker who is only good at video games as he meets his rival, a silent rich girl who is a God-tier gamer. Fantastic anime with a great story and characters, though the art style puts a lot of people off. Two seasons with a canon OVA linking them.

Keep Your Hands Off the Eizouken- moatly comedic, follows three girls who dream of creating their own anime. Fantastic anime with amazing art, sound, and ost. Talks a lot about various techniques used in animation. Only one season.

Zero no Tsukaima- Honestly can't remember if it's actually good or not but it's one of my friends faves. Follows a guy who is summoned to another world by a failed witch to be her familiar. Iirc it was fairly good for an isekai. MC didn't feel too overpowered, the story and characters were decent, and the show was overall entertaining. Four seasons, though they all have specific names so you'd need to look up the watch order.
    Last edited by ZombieWolf2508; 01-07-2021 at 03:39 AM.

My mood on a daily basis

8. Thanks yatogami thanked for this post
    Likes sirius707, yatogami liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Space Dandy is pretty popular, and for good reason.

I did write-ups on both seasons of Hi Score Girl in the Review section. I still recall one of the most heartbreaking moments in anime history from season one:

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

I will always recommend Berserk

11. Thanks sirius707 thanked for this post
    Likes sirius707 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Try Yamishibai.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member colin25 is on a distinguished road colin25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2021 06:43 AM
    Threads

I recommend my hero academia

Senior Member sirius707 can only hope to improve sirius707's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2023 04:20 AM
    Threads

Nodame Cantabile was surprisingly very nice.

I would also recommend welcome to the NHK, but be careful it's super depressing.

15. Likes pathospades liked this post
    Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

For some reason, I tend to find reduced fandoms around Zetsuen no Tempest and Mawaru Penguindrum. And I find them pretty unique. Why aren't they popular? I have heard some think they are abstract but... I believe it is just anime was not as popular as it was today when they came out? Intriguing.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I should have listed this one earlier. I like Casshern Sins. It's the thinking man's action anime. It is too cerebral for many action fans, and admittedly there is a lot of talking between fights. Lots of talking. But it made me think.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
    I recommend my hero academia
    You mean the current #1? You do know what "unpopular" means. I mean we are all anime fans here.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member erwinthedevil is on a distinguished road erwinthedevil's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:29 AM
    Threads

Hunter X Hunter?
    Is hunter x hunter a popular anime? I think Hunter X Hunter is an underated anime but has a very good score on myanimelist.
    Last edited by erwinthedevil; 03-08-2022 at 06:49 AM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by erwinthedevil View Post
    Hunter X Hunter?
    Is hunter x hunter a popular anime? I think Hunter X Hunter is an underated anime but has a very good score on myanimelist.
    Apparently HunterXHunter is a very popular anime. Personally, I dropped it after the first season. I didn't find the characters believable, nor the storylines very interesting.

21. Likes CapnJack liked this post
    Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    ^ Space Dandy is pretty popular, and for good reason.

I did write-ups on both seasons of Hi Score Girl in the Review section. I still recall one of the most heartbreaking moments in anime history from season one:

I teared up so much at that scene. A few scenes in that series come to think of it. I loved it and hope to see more. Even if it's a "next gen" group of characters taking place in the 00's.

----------------------
    If it's a mech series you're looking for try Kishin Corps. All I can say is Nazis, Aliens, and giant robots. Art style is the same as Case Closed. Each episode is like 45 mins long.

Magic series: Rune Soldier Louie
    Magic series w/ more fan service: Maburaho

Really, its difficult to say whats "unpopular". Even shows that were controversial had a respectable sized fan base at some point. I mean even Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya lost steam real fast after season 2 was released for a good reason, but I still enjoyed it a lot and want to see Disappearance of Nagato Yuki.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Try "Welcome to the Space Show"

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Movie or TV show?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Movie actually. It was really good.

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Darker than Black - Seems to have a mini-cult following who desperately want a season 3, even though it will never happen sadly. Easily my favorite anime of all time with NGE.

El Cazador - Super underrated and one of my favorite yuri's.

Shingeki no Bahamut - Practically unheard of it seems, but amazing to say it was basically second-fiddle advertising for a mobile game lol

27. Likes Tsundere Magus liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information