AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tne average person lacks in critical thinking.

Senior Member AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2024 12:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: DesuMaiden

Default Tne average person lacks in critical thinking.

Based on my many years of research, the average person seriously lacks in critical thinking. They just believe whatever crap the mainstream media tells them. The mainstream media is mostly propaganda. And the average person is very easily fooled by politicians and their lies. I believe 99% of people are just drones for the government. Basically just slaves to the government, believing in whatever the government tells them without critical thinking.

Only about 1% of the people really have critical thinking skills. These are the type of people who can see through the bullshit, and realize "hey that's just a bunch of bullshit. This is how things actually work". These people are often ridiculed for being "conspiracy" theorists or nutjobs. But majority opinion is not necessarily an indicator of truth. Many majority options have been proven to be false. For example, back in the middle ages everyone believed the Earth was the center of the universe. Even though everyone believed this, it turned out to be false, but the people saying that this was false, were ridiculed like Galileo.

Like the old saying goes, "the masses are asses". The masses are just easily brainwashed people who believe in whatever their leaders tell them without any critical thinking whatsoever. The masses are just smart enough to do a simple menial job, but too dumb to realize how badly they are being screwed over by big corporations and the rich people. They don't realize how badly underpaid or mistreated they are by big corporations for example. With those greedy frelling CEOs assholes making most of the money. These CEO assholes make 100 times more money than the average worker for basically doing nothing.

Of course, when the masses start to realize how badly they are being screwed over by big corporations and rich people, the rich people are protected by the police. And you can't even peacefully protest because these rich assholes have police protecting them. And they might even outlaw peaceful protests because they are such assholes.

Sorry to break it to you, we don't live in a democracy. We live in an oligoarchy which is ruled by a handful of rich people. The fact rich people are the actual rulers makes our country a plutocracy. Democracy is a joke. It never existed. And it probably will never exist. So spreading democracy through war in the Middle East is truly laughable.

I apologize for my pessimistic and somewhat angry attitude, but this is the crappy world we live in. The rich rule everything. The rich make the laws. The rich are your slave owners. This is a fact. Freedom my donkey. Mainstream media is the rich peoples' propaganda machine. And you are born a slave and forever will be a slave unless you join the super-rich class.

Capitalism is basically a pyramid scheme where a few rich people rule everyone else. The rich people have all of the power and wealth, and everyone at the bottom gets nothing. If that's not a pyramid scheme, I don't know what is.

So this concludes my rant. It went from talking about most people lacking in critical thinking skills to how society is unfair. But either way, life sucks. It really does. I sometimes want to end my life because I just think this world is such a terrible place to live in. There are really no opportunities for me to become rich and successful in this life.

I hate this world. I would just like it to end.
    My name is Desu__Maiden. I like stupid sexual jokes, just because I'm really a huge pervert. OMG, I could finally admit it. Pay my posts no attention.

Senior Member Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower has a reputation beyond repute Riverflower's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2015 01:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Zeptii

Default Re: Tne average person lacks in critical thinking.

I do agree with some of your saying, but I think you may have forgotten one thing. As the people, we hold the power. You're not born with power, except if it were the times where blood-lines mattered, but these days you're given power. One thing you would need to do is take it for your own, and if everybody stood up, the government would tumble to the ground. Now, some people find themselves content and moderatly safe in their lives, even if they are mindless robots following a voice in the distance, but that don't make them stupid, rather just lacking the will to do anything about it, and you can count yourself among them. Here you are writing about the world, but really, you want it to end. How about a change instead?
    People have been telling me "That is just the way it is" for years and years, and you know what? It is only that way because people say it is, they've accepted their position in this world and really, why not? For the first time in thousands of years people are actually starting to think on their own, making their own choices, more freedom and that may not always be the best thing "freewill" it is a step in the right direction. Give it time, friend, many more people will start questioning their governments aswell.. Thinking if there is not a better way? We have to leave something worthwhile for the next generation and one of these days, the world may unite. That is what I believe, anyway, but no, I don't have much will myself to do something about it. It feels like there is someone holding the good people down, and the greedy ones up, but maybe it is a test.. We have to choose for ourselves which people we will allow to boss us around and if we are content following someone bad, then we are just as worse as them. Heck, a lot of words hehe
    Last edited by Riverflower; 02-04-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Just looking for something beautiful

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

I tried to read

But seriously tl;Dr

Too redundant and semi hypocritical

My mood on a daily basis

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

So what makes you think that you're thinking critically?
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

when my head hurts its critical thinking

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

So i'll forever be a slave unless i join the super rich class. Define super rich class. Define slaves.

Senior Member Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts V Guitar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2020 11:07 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Wet_Gravity

This accurately describes the majority of people in my school.

I try to avoid anything mainstream or "trendy."

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually, most people are very critical thinkers when they are presented with statements about a topic they already know well. It's just that a person can only be really informed about a handful of topics. It's usually when someone is uninformed about a topic that they don't think critically and accept what they hear on principle.

I think people are afraid of looking uniformed, so they will say what they hear from the news and gossip without looking into it. If people were more willing to say "I'm not sure" and not ridicule others for their uncertainty, then there would probably be a lot more critical thinking going on.

If that's not a pyramid scheme, I don't know what is.
    A pyramid scheme is a business model that is relies heavily on recruitment, and it is unsustainable because eventually further recruitment becomes impractical. Capitalism doesn't really fit this description because no one is recruiting anyone into capitalism.

But either way, life sucks. It really does.
    The glass if half empty, and yet it is half full.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

OP, i can't believe how stupid you are. if you want the world to end then just take yourself out. you say people just believe whatever they're told, then you claim to believe wackjob conspiracy theories because you were told them. you probably salivate on your chest while watching FOX news and beat off to Rush Limbaugh's radio broadcast. just stop posting. just... stop.

10. Likes Kyuss liked this post
    Junior Member - J e m u s u - is on a distinguished road - J e m u s u -'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 09:35 PM
    Threads

Define "mainstream media". What do you mean by that? News channels, music videos, reality TV? No, I don't think the average person lacks critical thinking. Certainly, there has to be more. How are we just drones for the government? Without the government we would be a lawless, chaotic society. It's just how society works. And it's been working for decades.

Same goes for capitalism. Would you rather have communism, a world where everyone is equal and no one can move up or down the social classes? It would be rather boring and quite miserable. The rich stay rich and poor stay poor, unless you decide to break the chain and move up on the social classes. Not everyone can be rich at the same time and not everyone can be poor at the same time. That's just how it works.

There are opportunities to become rich and successful but, it just takes a little creativity. Make the next big thing or become it. Why leave this world when you can become a great part of it?
    Last edited by - J e m u s u -; 02-10-2015 at 07:12 PM.

12. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To add on to what Jemusu said .... there are many problems in this world. Why not be a part of the solution? Push yourself to greater opportunity.

The last paragraph of the OP is a little troubling though. It sounds like your frustrations with success is what is fueling your hatred. You can be happy regardless of wealth! Life is short, so enjoy it and make the most of it. We all have moments when we're down, this is when character is tested and we need to keep pushing.

I won't act like I'm wealthy or even successful, but if I can be of any help I'll gladly discuss over private message.

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

14. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Reading this paragraph will probably require critical thinking tbh. It's as simple as people will believe whatever they see. Don't need years of research to know if they see an article or image online or in real life, they will believe it. It's like the old saying "Seeing is believing." Doesn't have to be media or not. I think I might go to bed now. To much critical thinking.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Senior Member Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss has a reputation beyond repute Kyuss's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts V Guitar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2020 11:07 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Wet_Gravity

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaNerdBot View Post
    Like the old saying goes, "the masses are asses". The masses are just easily brainwashed people who believe in whatever their leaders tell them without any critical thinking whatsoever. The masses are just smart enough to do a simple menial job, but too dumb to realize how badly they are being screwed over by big corporations and the rich people. They don't realize how badly underpaid or mistreated they are by big corporations for example. With those greedy frelling CEOs assholes making most of the money. These CEO assholes make 100 times more money than the average worker for basically doing nothing.
    Well, I'll try and be nice about this because it sounds like you're having a hard time at the moment.

But when you talk about the masses, well, they aren't the same as Marx envisioned them these days. There is a new sort of "masses" being referred to by companies and financial institutions, the "mass affluent." They're part of the group that has done well in the recovery and are roughly defined as those making at least high five or low six diget incomes and at least $100,000 in liquid funds.

Sitting below the top 1%, the mass affluent make up something less than a quarter of the population. Why would you want to rock the boat, so to speak, when your metaphorical boat is a cruise ship and you might spill your drink and have to go to the bother of having one of the crew doting to your whims get you another? Are they lacking critical thinking for that?

Below them is the middle class, working class, and the poor. People debate where to draw the lines between those. I like $30,000 for entrance to the proper middle class. That's because at that point you probably have some sort of skill or experience but particularly because that should push you into the top 1% globally. Now one might feel a bit beset at $30k a year, but still, you're the global elite. Must be doing something right.

Also a lot of those people, and those counted by income in the working class and even "poor" expect to one day join the mass affluent at the least if not the rich. It's just that they're early in their careers, or perhaps in an internship or grad school or something. They feel the system is working for them and their hard work is being rewarded.

Now, that still leaves those in the working class and poor, I divide them by what side of the poverty line they fall on. But together they're those "just smart enough to do a simple menial job" you're claiming lack critical thinking. But besides having things to worry about, the key point is that those groups are OUTNUMBERED. We're a democracy, so to an extent it doesn't matter what those groups think or what policies they want if the mass affluent and middle class vote against them. I think that exact thing happens a lot in our elections, but I think a lot of people don't appreciate that.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 02-12-2015 at 12:33 PM.

18. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Nanobyte's minion Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Cheese Cake
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2015 03:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The best medicine against ignorance is travelling, in my honest opinion. I wish more people would do it. When you get out of that little aquarium you live in and look at how other people live, what they witness and how they perceive the world, you can get a very in-depth understanding of what is happening around you. As long as you are willing to listen, that is.
    Set by me

20. Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information