AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 'smart window' - the window that combines window, pc and tv into one

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb The 'smart window' - the window that combines window, pc and tv into one

At this year's CES trade show Samsung showed up the window screen of tomorrow; an interactive display that combines TV, and PC, while it in the same time also does its classical task - to let in light. Samsung's "smart windows" is a transparent LCD screen that can be inserted into the window frame at any time, provided it is not more than 46-inches. The screen functions works as a one-way mirror, meaning you can look out - but no one can look in.

* What do you think of this new type of window? Will it be the standard of all future homes? Would you want to get one? ...

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: The 'smart window' - the window that combines window, pc and tv into one

That's an intersting window. O_o;;
    I wonder if the light spreading across the room can match the one of a regular window. If it does, it's definitely worth owning it.

Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    Threads

Default Re: The 'smart window' - the window that combines window, pc and tv into one

Eeh, what if somebody hits your window with something, or they break into your house, or you get locked out and need to break in yourself. Not just glass breaking, but a tv/computer monitor too. Also, can you open a window with that on it? Would it damage it? Plus you need a pretty good positioned window to use it...

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saeriel View Post
    Eeh, what if somebody hits your window with something, or they break into your house, or you get locked out and need to break in yourself. Not just glass breaking, but a tv/computer monitor too. Also, can you open a window with that on it? Would it damage it? Plus you need a pretty good positioned window to use it...
    It says that it's a transparent frame that you can insert into the window frame at any time so I guess it could still be open? But im not sure. ¯\(°_o)/¯ Still, even if I think it would be expensive to repair it if it would break (atleast now in the beginning) I do see alot of opportunities for this new invention to be used in. Cars for example could have them so they would have a inbuilt GPS into their frame, and such things.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    It says that it's a transparent frame that you can insert into the window frame at any time so I guess it could still be open? But im not sure. ¯\(°_o)/¯ Still, even if I think it would be expensive to repair it if it would break (atleast now in the beginning) I do see alot of opportunities for this new invention to be used in. Cars for example could have them so they would have a inbuilt GPS into their frame, and such things.
    True... Some type of HuD display for a vehicle would be potentially interesting... I suppose if they do not break easily they would be potentially cool. Depends on that. Or if it costs much. I mean, imagine a rock in your windshield with one of those...

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I suppose if they do not break easily they would be potentially cool. Depends on that. Or if it costs much. I mean, imagine a rock in your windshield with one of those...
    Bulletproof glass + smart window? o____o Could work.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Bulletproof glass + smart window? o____o Could work.
    *shrug* This satisfies my misgivings on the subject.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*shrug* This satisfies my misgivings on the subject.
    Talking about that, do you know btw. if bulletproof glass is very expensive or not?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Talking about that, do you know btw. if bulletproof glass is very expensive or not?
    Ah, that I do not know. I believe it is very thick and not aesthetically pleasing, though? I am rather lacking in knowledge regarding this subject, sadly.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/47...Price.html?s=p

3.2-25mm panels at 8.96-19.64 USD from that particular link.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

11. Thanks SuXrys thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information