AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who should I cosplay as?

Junior Member Tchailenova is on a distinguished road Tchailenova's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 11:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Who should I cosplay as?

I've always wanted to do a cosplay, y'know? Go all out. But, I can never decide on a character to emulate (impromptu skit acting, photos, the whole nine yards). Part of this is because I'm really picky (see below >_>) and part of this is because I am just really bad at picking out characters I would 'do well' - so to speak. Also, I'm a perfectionist and want to do everything as best I can (or as best as physically possible lmao)

So, this is me, calling out to you: Please give me suggestions! Any genre, any medium (anime/manga/game/LN/etc.), any vintage! I'm willing to do the requisite research to do a 'good <insert character name here>'!

I don't want to dye my hair, and I don't really like the way wigs look (because I can't buy the 'made with real hair' versions that look really on fleek, and I'm not really about cutting corners in places that are super visible... like hair) ... so I would need to pick someone with red/copper hair. Also I have blue eyes. While fantastic, i also wear contacts, so color change lenses aren't really an option either XD I don't need to tell you, red hair and blue eyes is pretty uncommon.

OR I'd be willing to pick a character who kindof actually looks like me (face shape and the like) and just get a wig to match their hair color if it doesn't match.

I'm a bit curvy, so if its a dude i'll probably have to do a genderbent version XD but apparently those are quite 'in' nowadays ^_~* (Even though I would totally be willing to cosplay as a dude)

Here's my face for reference ^_~*

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170329_161034917.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	86207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170331_214613_484.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	86206Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170329_165141721.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	86204

I should also note here that I am a moderately capable seamstress (kindof, I'm still learning!), a moderately capable craft-er, and I know how to properly wear a lot of different kinds of clothing (traditional Japanese included). So, don't let wardrobe worries hold you back from suggesting something! ^_~--♥*

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: Who should I cosplay as?

Honestly I think that's a very hard question to answer. To me, the more important thing is what character do you connect with, as the best cosplays tend to be ones that speak to you in some fashion, more than characters who you kinda look like. Do you have some characters you're considering? That could be an easier start to such a question!

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Holo the Wise Wolf from Spice and Wolf.

As you can see, the costume will be easy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

XD I don't think i'll be doing anything near that risque, omg X_X

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    To me, the more important thing is what character do you connect with, as the best cosplays tend to be ones that speak to you in some fashion, more than characters who you kinda look like.
    That is a very good point. As for characters I've (kinda) considered... Sesshoumaru, Kurama (of YYH), Tenko Kuugen (of Wagaya no Oinari-sama), Iki Hiyori (of NoraGami), Momozono Nanami (of Kamisama Hajimemashita) - these are just a few, though. Maybe also Sheryl Nome (because I love singing and her songs are in my register ♥_♥ also i really connected with her story)

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're a cutie!! I suggest cosplaying any character you like! I usually choose characters I can relate to in some way, but sometimes I'll choose a character simply because I love an anime so much, and cosplay is a way of expressing that! Are there any characters or anime you really LOVE??

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

I'm trying to figure out who you look like, which may be a clue. I do see a bit of Winry Rockbell in you, from Full Metal Alchemist. But you would have to go with two guys cosplaying Ed and Al. Got a spare suit of armor lying around?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jasanime, you're so nice thanks for the compliment and the great advice!! I like a ton of anime, but the thing I keep coming back to for 'something I just love' is FF7 (especially their Turks), so I'll probably make my first cosplay be Cissnei or Reno. If I had the coat I would totally go as Genesis (because, hot damn). I have so many feelsabout Genesis.

Ah, Winry, I considered her once a while back but never did anything about it. I don't have many cosplay friends, but there are meetups now that kindof make up for that.

Stay tuned for cosplay updates, then I guess? XD

8. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Well, if you want to go old school, there's always Ranma Saotome or Lina Inverse.

If something more recent, why not Zombina from Monster Musume. You could always search red haired anime girl characters. Or if it doesn't have to be a girl, there's always Grell (Black Butler)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information