AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite Anime Closing Sequences

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Favorite Anime Closing Sequences

We had a thread like this before, but it has mysteriously vanished. Or was just getting old without any further responses. Well, let's revive that thread.

I will post my favorite closings one at a time with comments. Feel free to cut in and post one of yours.

Today I am starting off with Lain, aka Serial Experiments Lain.

The first episode starts off with a schoolgirl's suicide. Then classmates start receiving e-mails from her in the great beyond. Quickly our attention turns to Lain, a girl who seems out of place, emotionally and intellectually behind the other girls in her class, who still sleeps in teddy bear pajamas. Then in the closing credit sequence we see her nude sleeping among various computer circuitry and wiring. WTF?

OK. Where exactly is this anime taking me now? Lain seems so naively innocent. The image in the closing titles is out of place -- or is it? If you get the subtitles with the closing theme, it may tell you what you are in for:

Although I must be innocent,
    now I am punished.
    I wasn't the one who sewed those seeds, but nevertheless
    I have to pull up the flowers that bloomed from them.

I can't say I didn't know about it,
    but I don't remember taking any part in it.
    I think my freedom cost me dearly,
    but I don't remember selling my soul so cheaply.

Hey Hey Until I die and say farewell...
    Hey Hey... no one can touch me.
    You probably don't know
    the eternal outlaws prowling in the distant night.

The act wasn't inexcusable
    but the wounds from it aren't curable.
    On nights when I almost want to cry, I hold a woman
    and fly high away from this petty, corrupt world.

Hey Hey Until I die and say farewell...
    Hey Hey... no one can touch me.
    You probably don't know
    the eternal outlaws prowling in the distant night.

Although I must be innocent,
    now I am punished.
    I think my freedom cost me dearly,
    but I don't have the guts to sell my soul so cheaply...

A verse or two may be missing from the closing, buy the music should clue you in as well. You are in for one classic mind-f***.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Favorite Anime Closing Sequences

One hundred and sixty views, and no one has a favorite closing sequence?

OK. I'll post another one -- Black Lagoon!

We see Revy walking along a seashore, one by one discarding her weaponry. Finally, she discards her boots. Walking barefoot in the sand, has she discarded her violent and semi-criminal past for a more innocent, idyllic life? Fat chance! At the very last moment, it's the same Revy we have grown to love and fear. The somber music is a nice touch. It makes you wonder what the fate of Revy and the rest of the crew will be.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Today's closing sequence is from Boggiepop Phantom. Visually, there is nothing really unique about this closing. Showing scenes from the episode has been overdone. But it does give you the chance to look again at the unorthodox color scheme.

But what makes this closing standout is that I really like the closing theme. The lyrics are most fitting:

Hidden in the strata underground
    Is a tapestry of history.
    A mysterious form that
    No picture book contains.

BTW, the voice cast credits contain a spoiler, so don't read them!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OK, so K-On is a shojo anime. I still like it because of the characters. The personalities are well developed, if not a bit too unrealistic. But here are four, later five, innocent high school girls whose songs include My Love is a Stapler, and other bits of nonsense.

The closing for the first season, however, may be giving us a look at the future, when the girls and their music mature. Unfortunately the series does not get that far. The creditless closing:

Post your favorites here!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

500 views! And no one wants to join in? I may just wrap this up soon.

Meanwhile, I submit another favorite closing sequence -- the second closing for Your Lie in April.

It does not look like much at first. Here is the textless closing, and it simply shows Kaori floating in water. But half-way through, it suddenly shifts to her image falling, thus foretelling our tragic heroine's fate. It ends with the faces of those she leaves behind. If you know the whole story, your heart would be breaking by then.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Sailor Moon's is still stuck in my head...

Anyone know what those evil shadowy things in the rainbow orbs are in the opening?

Nerima Daikon Brothers is pretty good

Ninja Nonsense did claymaytion

Last edited by Clayton_n; 08-03-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ You mentioned Nerima Daikon Brothers before. I think I expected better music. But you did mention this under the Dumb, but Fun thread. Right?

Shinobuden looks interesting. I know openings and closings do not always match what goes on in the actual series, but this also looks like Dumb, but Fun.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Today's addition is FLCL. Not FLCL Progressive or FLCL Alternative. Everything about those two sequels sucked royally. I am talking about the original, unconventional, imaginative FLCL.

The closing sequence show us the free spirit nature of Haruko. Pity what they did to the character in the sequels. Also, you have to like the closing theme by The Pillows. Their soundtrack, taken from various albums, was a major part of the series.

BTW, the P! on the Vespa is not the logo of The Pillows.

Junior Member Shingshing is on a distinguished road Shingshing's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2023 03:43 AM
    Threads

I think it has been since February when I was in a forum talking about how the RNG will be updated.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rng?

(Caps are not working!)
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 08-06-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tenchi GXP
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Tenchi GXP
    Because. . . ?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If you'd seen it you'd know.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    If you'd seen it you'd know.
    I haven't seen it. Others haven't either. So say something about it.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Here is the textless closing for Paranoia Agent. I remember a comment, I think from one of the producers of the English dub, that the series aired late at night, and after the madness, this closing was to tell everyone to calm down and go to bed.

Ha! With Maromi in the middle of it all, we are supposed to calm down and sleep soundly?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh I was thinking of the opening.
    Here's the closing

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh I just remembered one that I still remember. You see children in the before times there were only 150 Pokemon. And thus there were two songs about them, one for the series and one for the movie.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 08-13-2020 at 04:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information