AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Other Japanese Interests?

Senior Member Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania is a splendid one to behold Nunnally Vi Brittania's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Clannad Botan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2014 03:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Other Japanese Interests?

Well, I like collecting re-ment, little miniature stuff. It's really fun...it'd be even more fun if I actually got the re ment instead of just pictures....TT///-///TT But one day I'll get it.
    I also like researching Japanese recipes, like dorayaki and savory egg custard. I want to cook Japanese dishes one day.

HOMRA's skateboarding vanguard, Yata Misaki.

Junior Member lotuskiss is on a distinguished road lotuskiss's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 02:08 PM
    Threads

@BBoy , I remember jinjo being really intense but can't necessarily remember his routines. Overall Japan and S. Korea bring a lot of technical flare.

I've had real ramen before and kinda sad to say I wasn't thrilled by it. In comparison I like shabu shabu much better. As for dorayaki, I'm not a fan of red bean paste so don't know how I would take to it. I think everyone should learn to make mochi. : )

Member Schmizz is on a distinguished road Schmizz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2014 03:16 PM
    Threads

Forgive me for being an arrogant American, but I like the way they fry stuff, I had fried green beans one time and they were awesome, its like some light type of batter they use... Also, I wasn't completely sober at the time, so it may actually taste horrible, but I don't believe thats the case...

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by galaco View Post
    The only part of Japanese culture I'm interested is VOCALOID and that isn't exclusive to Japan.
    If I'm correct, that was funded by yamaha, right? I love yamaha, but Yamaha motors, even still I feel like that company is ahead of its time with most of their products, but even more so with their engine design and the use of variable valve timing starting in the mid 90's. completely blew Honda's designs out of the water when they revealed the 3sge BEAMS motor..

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Schmizz View Post
    Forgive me for being an arrogant American, but I like the way they fry stuff, I had fried green beans one time and they were awesome, its like some light type of batter they use... Also, I wasn't completely sober at the time, so it may actually taste horrible, but I don't believe thats the case...

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

If I'm correct, that was funded by yamaha, right? I love yamaha, but Yamaha motors, even still I feel like that company is ahead of its time with most of their products, but even more so with their engine design and the use of variable valve timing starting in the mid 90's. completely blew Honda's designs out of the water when they revealed the 3sge BEAMS motor..
    Mhmm, they funded/where apart of the original project and now own it.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

japanese weapons, from samurai to ninja, crossbow to katana. making a katana is an extremely engrossing process, far more in depth than western methods. you have to fold the metal several hundred times to ensure strength, put clay on the back of the blade so the heat treatment doesn't affect it as much as the blade, causing it to remain softer than the blade and allowing it to absorb the pressure of blows.

the edge also has a more ergonomic shape than western blades, which are concave from edge to fuller. katanas are convex, allowing itto spread whatever it's cutting through which decreases resistance.

it's said that when the katana was originally introduced, it's sharpness was tested on tbe bodies of condemned prisoners. if a blade could cut through 3 men horizontally, it was considered a 3 "body blade".

i find all this to be interesting.

6. Likes Schmizz liked this post
    Junior Member lotuskiss is on a distinguished road lotuskiss's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 02:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by medicated View Post
    japanese weapons, from samurai to ninja, crossbow to katana. making a katana is an extremely engrossing process, far more in depth than western methods. you have to fold the metal several hundred times to ensure strength, put clay on the back of the blade so the heat treatment doesn't affect it as much as the blade, causing it to remain softer than the blade and allowing it to absorb the pressure of blows.

the edge also has a more ergonomic shape than western blades, which are concave from edge to fuller. katanas are convex, allowing itto spread whatever it's cutting through which decreases resistance.

it's said that when the katana was originally introduced, it's sharpness was tested on tbe bodies of condemned prisoners. if a blade could cut through 3 men horizontally, it was considered a 3 "body blade".

i find all this to be interesting.
    Have you watched spike tv's show its called something like he ultimate warrior. I can't remember correctly but through collected data from tests they run with professionals, they analyze who is the strongest warrior. I can't who they paired he samurai against. Watching some of the weapons in action was quite exhilarating and a bit chilling.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Quote Originally Posted by lotuskiss View Post
    Have you watched spike tv's show its called something like he ultimate warrior. I can't remember correctly but through collected data from tests they run with professionals, they analyze who is the strongest warrior. I can't who they paired he samurai against. Watching some of the weapons in action was quite exhilarating and a bit chilling.
    yeah, deadliest warrior. the fight scenes were pretty corny but the science was interesting. i can't remember who samurai was paired against either, but it should have been the ninja. ancient score coulda been settled.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

I don't have many really...

Japanese cars were cool but then Toyota and Honda kind of went the other direction and made things boring and what not. Nissan/Infiniti, Mazda, and Subaru still have some interesting things.... But meh.

I got into Japanese food because I got a job at a Japanese Restaurant making sushi. Before that I really had no interest or desire to learn their cuisine.

I like Japanese Video Games. So I guess that counts. Growing up most games worth playing were Japanese unless you wanted the odd Adventure or early FPS game on PC... or Western RPG or strategy game. When it came to PC games I just liked Sierra and Lucas Arts adventure games and Civilization. Everything else was Japanese mostly.

Member z3y2x1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past z3y2x1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 12:35 AM
    Threads

I'm a fan of Japanese politics, if that counts

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lotuskiss View Post
    I remember that show. The samurai was in two battles. I had to looks up the first one and it was the samurai vs the viking with the samurai winning that battle and I remembered the second fight was against the spartan warrior in which the samurai was defeated in that battle.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

I'm not interested in japan aside from anime.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

i have a gigantic boner for touhou and im ashamed of it

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I enjoy Japanese scifi/fantasy live action films and TV shows. I've seen Godzilla and Gamera movies. I've seen some episodes of various Sentai series (the series that Power Rangers ripped off).
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

15. Likes Schmizz liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    I don't have many really...

Japanese cars were cool but then Toyota and Honda kind of went the other direction and made things boring and what not. Nissan/Infiniti, Mazda, and Subaru still have some interesting things.... But meh.

I got into Japanese food because I got a job at a Japanese Restaurant making sushi. Before that I really had no interest or desire to learn their cuisine.

I like Japanese Video Games. So I guess that counts. Growing up most games worth playing were Japanese unless you wanted the odd Adventure or early FPS game on PC... or Western RPG or strategy game. When it came to PC games I just liked Sierra and Lucas Arts adventure games and Civilization. Everything else was Japanese mostly.
    Yeah toyota had a falling out with perfomance, but hey, the 2015 Supra looks nuts. I6 twin turbo hybrid 0.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    I enjoy Japanese scifi/fantasy live action films and TV shows. I've seen Godzilla and Gamera movies. I've seen some episodes of various Sentai series (the series that Power Rangers ripped off).
    Haha yeah I grew up watching Godzilla with my dad, still badass movies..

Junior Member Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo has a reputation beyond repute Hayo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 07:22 PM
    Threads

The food; the culture and I always get dumfounded with the amasing japanese voice actors

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah toyota had a falling out with perfomance, but hey, the 2015 Supra looks nuts. I6 twin turbo hybrid 0.0
    I don't really care about the Hybrid part. A Supra 2015 seems more like wishes, speculation, and rumors. A 2015 model would have to come out next year and we haven't even seen mules or early pre-production test cars like we did with the FR-S. That's not to say that Toyota may not get back their eventually though. But even so I was never really into Toyota's to begin with at this point too anything resembling those specs and probably that price will probably end up being a Lexus. Although Nissan for some reason chose to sell the GT-R here as a $100k Nissan and not a $100K Infiniti..... Always preferred Mazda, Nissan, Subaru and even Mitsubishi.

Even Mitsubishi has gone a different direction. Outside of the EVO which I think doesn't even officially compete in WRC anymore, they don't put out things like the Starion, 3000GT/GTO, FTO, Galant VR-4, Eclipse anymore. Even then the 3rd and 4th gen Eclipse wasn't really an Eclipse anymore... No more AWD, no more Turbo... The Galant became a very boring middle of the road car.
    Last edited by rf switch; 08-05-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't really care about the Hybrid part. A Supra 2015 seems more like wishes, speculation, and rumors. A 2015 model would have to come out next year and we haven't even seen mules or early pre-production test cars like we did with the FR-S. That's not to say that Toyota may not get back their eventually though. But even so I was never really into Toyota's to begin with at this point too anything resembling those specs and probably that price will probably end up being a Lexus. Although Nissan for some reason chose to sell the GT-R here as a $100k Nissan and not a $100K Infiniti..... Always preferred Mazda, Nissan, Subaru and even Mitsubishi.

Even Mitsubishi has gone a different direction. Outside of the EVO which I think doesn't even officially compete in WRC anymore, they don't put out things like the Starion, 3000GT/GTO, FTO, Galant VR-4, Eclipse anymore. Even then the 3rd and 4th gen Eclipse wasn't really an Eclipse anymore... No more AWD, no more Turbo... The Galant became a very boring middle of the road car.
    Oh man, the gto... Drove one about a year ago, the vr4.... Holy crap what a car, felt like I was drifting but it was the rear wheel steering. Its one of those cars that just eggs you on to drive faster and faster. Also owned a 92 Nissan sentra ser with a sr20de+T

Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Oh man, the gto... Drove one about a year ago, the vr4.... Holy crap what a car, felt like I was drifting but it was the rear wheel steering. Its one of those cars that just eggs you on to drive faster and faster. Also owned a 92 Nissan sentra ser with a sr20de+T

Growing up my Dad had a Starion. It's the car I learned how to drive a manual with. It was a lot fun and there's times I really do feel like buying one since they don't go for much.
    Last edited by rf switch; 08-06-2013 at 12:21 AM.

21. Likes Schmizz liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

On another note, recently started listening to midichronica, although I cant understand a damn word, I like the beats and the rhythm of their lyrics..

Growing up my Dad had a Starion. It's the car I learned how to drive a manual with. It was a lot fun and there's times I really do feel like buying one since they don't go for much.
    I also like the A172..
    Last edited by Schmizz; 08-07-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Member Rusty Blade is on a distinguished road Rusty Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2013 04:36 AM
    Threads

Japanese music. From Visual Kei to Idols it's just all so amazingly different. I mean not in a million years will something like this ever exist in the West:

Also traditional Japanese music is really awesome. The sound of a shamisen is one of the most beautiful I've ever heard. And the Yoshida Brothers found a way to take it up to 11!

And definitely Japanese history, well the ancient stuff mostly. Samurai and ninjas and bushido and so on. I used to read about it all the time when I was younger and it still fascinates me.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Background music in games, especially by Yasunori Mitsuda.

Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

I've loved what little I've been able to try of the food, though I'm sure a lot of it wouldn't really count since you can't get foreign food in America without it being Americanized. Though I guess there is a little mom-and-pop Japanese place by my dad's that's actually owned by a couple from Japan, so it might count.

I also love the music, fashion, and I love their idea of horror. Their urban legends and myths are also a lot more interesting. I'll take Kuchisake Onna over the hook-handed man any day!

I've also always been interested more in their history. My own country's history has always bored me, but I love foreign history, and Japanese has always been one I've wanted to study more of.

Actually when I was younger I loved just about anything from that general area. (My mom even used to joke that I was going to turn Chinese because I ate so much Chinese food, and at the time, I would actually check my eyes once in a while to see if she was telling the truth or not......I was really little and a really naive child okay?) It didn't matter if it was Japanese, Chinese, what have you, I just loved all of it. I read a lot of books and watched a lot of TV shows and movies purely because they had something that applied in them. Now it's generally a bit more narrowed to Japanese.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Junior Member kama is on a distinguished road kama's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2015 11:34 AM
    Threads

i love the artists.. lol and the heavy metal band.. sweet.. also the environment there..

27. Likes Schmizz liked this post
    AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

As far as Japanese interest go: Anime, Women, and History.
    That's about it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

[QUOTE=lotuskiss;2776763]I've only seen short snip its of car shows but quickly looked at bozosoko style. First glance at the extravaganza gave me a fresh shot of culture shock. Haha. When you do go to a car show in Japan send us pics Schmizz. To be more specific, pics of your costume, not the car >

Been a while, and you asked, so I'll deliver. Not really a costume at all, just threw a mask on... We are doing a shoot in a few months thats probably gonna be apocalypse/military/ just straight up crazyness. Last time we met up (a good friend from way back) there were lots of weapons, and cars. As well as us um... I guess modeling next to our cars with an assortment of guns, swords, grenades and such.(grenades were fake) so stay tuned! Also I went to a udon/ramen joint in NYC the other day. It was pretty damn good! $8 and I was full almost to the point of puking! Awesome

Also, here's a picture of the other love in my life
    Last edited by Schmizz; 10-20-2013 at 07:33 PM.

30. Likes Keena liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information