AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Borderlands 2 Character is the best?

Junior Member NarutardLover is on a distinguished road NarutardLover's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Fox
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2013 11:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb Which Borderlands 2 Character is the best?

Which character is the best to play with in Borderlands 2?

I personally like Maya,but what are your choices?

Meh Crusader Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire has a reputation beyond repute Tarkenfire's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Artemis Watermelon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2013 11:15 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tarkenfire Steam ID: Tarkenfire

Default Re: Which Borderlands 2 Character is the best?

With games with classes, I always get too into one class that I can't really play any other class. As such, I can only really play with Siren.
    Less is more.

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Strictly playable? Axton. I've spent 350 hours playing Commando and I still end up humming Flight of the Valkyries with him in the heat of battle. I adore a pure explosives based build and a Torque load out (Plump Kerblaster, Sinewy Ravager DP Unkempt Herald, Nukem, Sticky Homing Bonus Package etc). Throw in a Plasma Caster (I use a Slag one for fun) and I can cut down swathes of enemies in quick fashion. It's a really exhilarating game play style. I just need to hunt down a Norfleet and using a Logan Pistol + Sham for infinite rockets will make me unstoppable. "YOU get a bullet! And YOU get a bullet! EVERYBODY gets a bullet!"

If we could somehow include NPCs for pure fandom, I've got a weakspot for the pathetic little box of denial that is Claptrap.

Particularly his climactic moment in the final act:

"**** it, Jack -- how did you know stairs were my ONLY weakness?! Next to electrocution, and explosions, and gunfire, rust, corrosion, being kicked a lot, viruses, being called bad names, falling from great heights, drowning, adult onset diabetes, being looked at funny, heart attacks, exposure to oxygen, being turned down by women, and pet allergens! Your brilliance is matched only by your malevolence!"
    Last edited by Souhi; 02-19-2013 at 11:40 PM.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Since I only realistically ever played Mordecai in the original game (when discussing the character classes with my friend Rageous we understood that my playstyle is the 'if possible, avoid confrontation completely' type, aka think whatever you want, I just prefer avoiding getting shot at in entirety over becoming a tank =P-style, and I have pretty piss-poor aim and reactions to surprises so we figured I was better being the long-distance attacker.

Hence in Borderlands 1 I played as Mordecai. Obviously that means originally I picked Zer0 up in B2 for the same means - as well as him having his 'get out of battle free card' (aka deception) which sort of helps buff his close-quarters fighting. I never got the hang of any of the other characters - I did try Salvador but I am a terrible gunzerker.

However ... it does depend on your playstyle. I main Gaige now (combination of she's awesome for co-op, Deathtrap being a total B.A. and she's awesome for co-op) but the way I've always played fps is that I tend to be cautious, possibly 'campy', but definitely cautious. I like to keep track of my surroundings. I like to take things out before they become problematic. I had this method of attacking in Skyrim; I have it in Borderlands 2. The difference being that Gaige has DT to back her up in close-combat as otherwise she's useless.

I'm rambling, but that's just my playstyle. Rageous on the other hand has always used Roland/Axton because he loves his turrets and strategeries, and he loves just running into the middle of people and letting the turret go nuts. I'm much better at hanging back and keeping tabs on everything so he doesn't get overwhelmed, and I let DT loose on things we'd otherwise get stomped by.

Hey, it works. I absolutely stink at taking down bosses using Zer0 (even in co-op) but Gaige ... hell, I wiped the floor with the game's first boss ... in playthrough 2. I didn't have to resort to cheating by camping off the ship like I did with zer0 to beat that guy. That's a feat. >.>
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Maya I feel is the best rounded character. Axton [imo] is far too easy to play [toss out a turret and hide] while Maya has her phase lock that helps but doesnt carry the character through the game.

Gaige is fun, but if you take the Best Buddies tree route then she pretty much becomes a "girl friend character". Throw out Death Trap and hide, much like with Axton.

Zer0 was fun to play with. I have to admit, I enjoy sniping with him. And if enemies swarmed me, I sent out my clone and took off to watch it explode and damage the swarm. Its a great giggle.

I'll admit though, I havent played Salvador. The idea of just having an extra gun was never really appealing.

But for a character whose easy to use while still offering a challenge to the game- Maya all the way

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Axton, in terms of playable character.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've put a lot of hours into Gaige, mostly because I like the fact that Deathtrap can do his own thing.

Been having A LOT of fun with Zer0 though. I used Lillith a lot in BL1, and Deception feels familiar to me. I mostly use it as a shotgun buff, but I've been enjoying using it as a snipe tool since enemies don't seem to be alerted if you can pull of a OHK while in Deception from afar.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Maya I feel is the best rounded character. Axton [imo] is far too easy to play [toss out a turret and hide] while Maya has her phase lock that helps but doesnt carry the character through the game.

Gaige is fun, but if you take the Best Buddies tree route then she pretty much becomes a "girl friend character". Throw out Death Trap and hide, much like with Axton.
    The 'girlfriend tree'. Yes, I still remember what the game dev said. Yes, I still remember the backlash despite it being kinda true. The 'n00b tree' is more appropriate, though.

I never really got the hang of Anarchy; I like my accuracy, so I stuck to the middle skill tree and dumped all my excess points into BFF afterwards. Middle skill tree + plasma caster and awesomeweapons = win. I'm a troll when it comes to elemental stuff.

I never got the hang of Maya, though that's because I only played her to ... level 13. I just stick with Gaige, I prefer her character. Got nothing against any of the others; they're all funny in their own ways. (such as Salvador's hum-song thing.. xD)

Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

I've mostly stuck with Axton and Gaige (Main reason was because she was DLC). Although I like Gaige, I prefer Axton. Do want to try Maya and Zer0 at one pont

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    The 'girlfriend tree'. Yes, I still remember what the game dev said. Yes, I still remember the backlash despite it being kinda true. The 'n00b tree' is more appropriate, though.

I never really got the hang of Anarchy; I like my accuracy, so I stuck to the middle skill tree and dumped all my excess points into BFF afterwards. Middle skill tree + plasma caster and awesomeweapons = win. I'm a troll when it comes to elemental stuff.

I never got the hang of Maya, though that's because I only played her to ... level 13. I just stick with Gaige, I prefer her character. Got nothing against any of the others; they're all funny in their own ways. (such as Salvador's hum-song thing.. xD)
    Anarchy is a pain. Ive played Gaige to level 20-ish and got a little bored, it just felt too easy. Maya Ive played and have her almost capped. I dunno, maybe Im also very partial to Sirens xD

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Anarchy is a pain. Ive played Gaige to level 20-ish and got a little bored, it just felt too easy. Maya Ive played and have her almost capped. I dunno, maybe Im also very partial to Sirens xD
    Each to their own. ;D

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anarchy works ridiculously well using the Plasma Anarchist build (it's on the forums/youtube). It's more of a run and gun build. My girlfriend fell in love with it a few weeks back and as long as there are enemies on screen, she's essentially unstoppable. I'd have made one myself but I don't really like Deathtrap. I think I'm just bitter at how many times he's sniped one of my second wind kills.

Whenever I do catch her with a few hundred stacks though, it's hilarious watching even shotgun spreads essentially leave the barrel and angle away 90 degrees.

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I dislike the Anarchy thing mostly because I prefer my accuracy (Because of the way I set Mordecai up on Borderlands 1 his accuracy with SMGs and assault rifles was INSANE, and I like my bullets to count), even though I know Close Enough does tend to help make missed shots bounce back at enemies.

Also last I played it was buggy online, so I stuck with the middle skill tree. I have a few plasma casters (Rageous still needs to hand me down a few Tediore ones because I hate this Hyperion one I have, and the Dahl one I have just isn't very good). I'll probably try get those this weekend, I still need to bolt through the Hammerlock DLC. He owes me a Hellfire, too ... and he's got me one with the scope I like on it, too.

I love how different opinions are in this thread. Like there's me who likes Gaige's more elemental-heavy setup (since I do more co-op so it's better suited for team-based gameplay), then there are people who like Maya for her ability to crowd-control, and Zer0 for his long-distance and stealth. I know someone who mains Salvador because 'dual-wielded rocket launchers', lol. I suppose genuinely there -is- no 'best' character, it depends on playstyle.

... I do know Gaige is useless at dealing with Terrormorphous. That, or my Conference Call is just garbage. Probably both.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information