AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: RPG: The School of Seven Towers

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: RPG: The School of Seven Towers

@ELR

The Netherkin charging Sam seems taken aback by the sudden transformation, and a moment later a look of disgust crosses their face and they halt entirely. In the confusion one of those moving to intercept the charger steps on Sam, but stumbles away in surprise, muttering apologies. The other Netherkin and/or creatures that were moving into the area slow down as the charger has stopped.

Except one who continues on and blindsides them with a body check and shove, toppling them to the ground. Now standing in the middle of the crowd, with a fair few glares pointed at him, he holds out his hands to the sides and says loudly "Hospitality, mates. Our problems stem from a lack of hospitality don't they. And you wonder why no one comes around with all this rubbish." He waves a hand dismissively and starts striding over towards Sam. He's tall, broad and strong looking for a Netherkin, and wearing leather pants, leather jacket, with fur around the collar. His clothes are mostly in browns and creams, contrasting with the black worn to varying degrees by all the other Netherkin in the area that Sam can see.

He stops a good ten meters away from where Sam is hiding and crouches down, resting his arms on his knees. "Sorry about all that. A lot of us are..." He pouts just a little and nods his head back and forth as he searches for words. "We're a bit pent up. Yes. Pent up. It makes some of us over excitable when company arrives. But as you can see you weren't really in any danger. Why don't you come out and let us offer you a bit of tea...or something else if you'd like. Give us a chance to show our hospitality."

----------------------------

@Ranshiin

Throughout the conversation, Shi'ran notes that Voth is rather over expressive. Perhaps he isn't used to having to deal with people while fully visible instead of slouching under a hood. Does he even actually have all his facial muscles when he's less defined and more translucent?

So Shi'ran can see confusion playing out on his face when asked about telling Shi'ran when things like that happen, relief when Shi'ran moves one without waiting for a response, and a dismissive smile and eye roll when he asks to negotiate alone.

However Voth then stops and seems to be thinking. His grin becomes less mirthful and more wolfish, and he nods a couple times. "Alright. Yes. That would...uhmmmm...sound good from an educational perspective. Well, or maybe. Anyway if that's what you'd like it's fine." He pauses a moment and adds "At the least it avoids a round of introductions and small talk."

He nods again and turns on his heel, sauntering off back the way he'd came.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 05-28-2016 at 12:32 AM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside

Shi’ran didn’t particularly understand why Voth was being so … verbose, with his facial expressions; to be honest he didn’t really have that much experience with interacting with Netherkin and he was still acclimatising to the fact that this huge guy looked like a person right then and not a half-asleep mountain-sized zombie.

When Voth actually gave him an answer, he visibly relaxed; it had taken so much of his focus to keep a straight face, to not react to Voth’s unusual expressions or to give away more than he was supposed to. The Therian breathed in, sighed out quietly and moved a hand to rub the back of his head.

“Thanks. I appreciate it. So can you-…” He began, after Voth had acknowledged his wish, only to find the Netherkin turning and leaving. Leaving?! For a moment Shi’ran was almost dumbfounded and just stared, mouth open mid-word. By the time Voth was a good ten-ish paces away he snapped-to, regained his composure and then rather promptly flinched and jumped forwards. “H-hey-…! You’re-…! Hey, you need to wait here, where the fu-…?!”

Too late. Voth was gone at that point – or at the least far-enough that shouting didn’t matter. Shi’ran fell to a disbelieving forward slouch with his arms hanging loose. What the hell made this guy tick? Where was he going off to? …… Would he even come back? Ugh …

“… Fine, do whatever the fu** you want then … jeez, frickin’ weirdo …” The Therian grumbled and in frustration he reached a hand up, grabbed the earpiece lodged onto his ear and pulled it off. If Voth was going to just go off like that then screw him, Shi’ran thought; he was going to do his own thing and everybody else could just deal with it.

After that he turned around and skulked back indoors into Jenner’s hut, stuffing the stupid earpiece into a pocket in the process. He’d at the least gotten rid of Voth; he knew it would be wise not to keep Jenner waiting longer than he needed to.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin

OOC: Sorry for the delay. I think it's time I get with the program and see about moving people forward in case we've lost @ELR (which would be sad)

IC:

As Shi'ran enters into the seemingly haphazard stone structure Jenner strolls out from behind a curtain. Shi'ran also notes that a couple women have been brought out again on the cushioned benches.

However looking around Jenner seems surprised to see Shi'ran is alone. After a moment he compeses himself and smiles warmly. He a wave of his many ring pierced arm he gestures for the women to head back behind the curtain.

"So" He starts "It seems you're alone". His eyes then lock with unashamed interest in the bag in Shi'ran's hand. "But it seems your meeting wasn't in vein"

He moves over by Shi'ran "I won't ask how you did it, but I'll presume you're crafty. Not a required trait for dealing with spirits by any means, especially with a good contract, but helpful, hm!?"

He turns and opens up one of the benches, revealing it to actually be a trunk with cushions and a blanket on it, and takes out some writing materials and stationary. "Alright, let's get down to business. I'm guessing I'll be needing to handle two transactions in about the time of one? So what are you actually here for, and is there anything else I should know about your... personal needs as I write things up? "
    " In any case let's get down to business. I'll presume I'll be

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside I'll add in color when I have a computer. I'll write name before the written portion. @Ranshiin ,prefer the term pest but troublesome is okay ^-^

Samsilius

Slowly, he crawled out, cautious. Though the lot was backing up, their eyes lingered. He felt like he would be dinner.

Instead of retreating once again, he changed back, only his bones in his ankle crackled and popped. Gritting his teeth, he endured until it stopped, then painfully smiled. "Samsilus, you can call me Sam." Extending his hand to shake.

He was shaken and hurting still but he did come with a purpose.

---------------------
    @~Shobu~ Sone

Strolling up, Darius waves his hand and the bartender brings over a mysterious concoction. Maybe Hands didn't reply back for a reason, he would judge only when it came down to it.

Some also made sure Phoenix was on his other side, opposite of Darius. Free spirited people some times had to be rashional during irrational situations.

"So, what can we do for you?" Some asked, swirling the straw around the drink.

"Well well, straight to the point." He chuckled. "I understand there is a group seeking something, based on a few things I have seen, I think it is you two."

-----------------------------
    @Cross Avantgarde Skyla

Something in the air felt thick. Almost closterphobic feeling. Dizzy. Clammy. Tightening in the chest. She had to sit down.
    Last edited by ELR; 06-10-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside ((Your post seems to have been cut off at some point so I’m just going off of what is visible.))

Shi’ran mooched back inside the building after Voth’s departure, expecting to see Jenner waiting for him so being rather …… – surprised wasn’t the correct word for it, it was more like ‘caught off-guard’ – by seeing the women on the benches instead of Jenner or anyone else. He only got as far as to draw a breath to try and ask one of them where Jenner actually was before the man himself reappeared and ushered the women away.

It left the Therian wondering what the heck exactly the building he was in was actually supposed to be. Made him suspicious… not necessarily in a bad way, but simply because he was confused.

To Jenner’s wave though the Therian let out the held breath as a small sigh and approached, the pouch of gems, jewels and money held in one hand. He set his Hoverboard down against one of the benches but rather than just leave it there he ended up sitting down with it – because he didn’t trust that it’d still be there if he turned his back on it for two minutes. “I-…” He began, only to hear Jenner state he wasn’t particularly interested in how he’d gotten rid of Voth. He quickly shut his mouth on the matter and listened.

Eventually, he spoke up again. This time he sounded a little … miffed? Vexed? A bit like he was surprised Jenner was asking him ‘stupid’ questions …… or maybe it was formality? “Come on, I-…… well … look, we already discussed the first thing … me wanting something that can help me learn some magic and things.” >.>; “The second one is just … it’s information. Me and the big idjit I travelled here with … well, we’re looking for a group of people that’ve been around here recently. Scavengers, or something.

I heard they were planning to do an exploration of some old mountain ruins or some sh**, I don’t know, but they’ve got something that I’m after – some pieces of an old automaton. I just don’t know if they’re still loitering around the bazaar or if they’ve moved on; I’m just after finding them so I can catch them up and talk to them so if you know where I’m going to find them and when then that’s really all I need to know on that.”

Maybe he was a little too verbose with explaining it? But the Therian had an idea that Jenner probably knew of these scavengers anyway and there wasn’t really much point in holding back and maybe confusing him. Voth was of course referred to as ‘the big idjit’, in line with Shi’ran’s frustration with him.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OOC: Odd with the cutting off. Also did the forum shut down for a while for the rest of you? I couldn't get on (part of why I haven't posted yet, beyond the craziness of right now)

IC:

@ELR

Everyone gives Sam a moment of peace as he transforms, or perhaps they're all just starting.

It doesn't take to long for the big talkative one to start talking again. "Yes, yes. Good, see that all is well. Come" For a moment he seems like he was actually about to throw an arm over Sam, but then he seems to think better of it and gives Sam some space.

"Erm. Yes yes. You see" He says gesturing towards the growing pit that the undead are creating "We're actually making a bit of space for guests. It's turned out that people from other cultures don't seem to enjoy going into our tower itself, and some of us have issues with our privacy. But we really do need company so we're having our friends here make, well, I suppose a club of sorts. Music, dancing, perhaps some spirits serving spirits? Many of us are good at music...and dancing. Good times to be had by all. But we will need the word to spread. So it's good that you've come. Thing are quite rough right now. But there are some tables and we could slap some meat on the barby, or fetch some of that tea I mentioned earlier. Something else perhaps? We are of course curious to hear about other cultures, or share our own."

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

@Ranshiin

OOC: Erg, some glitch cost me a half written post. In addition the earlier cut off bit (thanks for mentioning it) was that he presumed he'd have to write two contracts in the time of one.

IC:

Jenner listened as Shi'ran spoke, nodding his head. "Well, lets get down to business. I think I know enough for both. I'll get started on the second and get back to the first while we wait. Now, more details on the group would be helpful, but if you had all the details you wouldn't need me now would you? I'm afraid I don't know them, but if they work out of here, I'm sure I know someone who does. Let me just get some messengers."

At the he falls silent and closes his eyes. Shi'ran has been around enough to recognize someone straining, and Jenner is, while in an otherwise peaceful position to often mean magic. Though Therians tend to be noisier.

After a matter of seconds a small wispy form appears, looking something like an eyeball with a cape. Silently it flies out a window. Moments later another appears, and this process repeats itself five times. Jenner, with a bit of visible strain remaining from the summoning, opens his eyes.

"So while they're out I can start writing up your more personal contract per your earlier specifications. There's just the little manner of compensation. Shall we see what you have to put on the table." The then gestures at the table like surface of the flat topped trunk he'd taken his materials from.

OOC: We haven't discussed trade goods in great detail, but Shi'ran wouldn't be clueless. If you want to handle some of this, Jenner is going to ask for a higher amount first off, but he's still going to want more than would typically be charged for the single request Shi'ran was sent here for in order to cover his training contract. Though excuses could be made why it might cost more, like magical interference or difficulty in finding the information. Some of those could actually prove to be potential problems.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

@ELR

No matter how Jasper tried to look at it, Skyla’s comments convinced him that the contract was not the best one for her; at least not if he was hearing it correctly. No matter how one might try to make it sound, the word “slave” could not escape its horrible ring and connotations.

“I didn’t consider how society would view a Celestial in your circumstances, Skyla. Also, I hate to admit it, but I’m not sure how the other cultures would view anything like that. The Magitek can be a bit caught up in their own affairs—or work, I should say.” Was there anything better that could be done in light of the contract? How would Skyla’s situation be improved?

Skyla’s next comment caught him by surprise. “Do I like her?” he repeated. He knew the answer, and it was odd that it was even difficult to articulate it out loud. “Yeah. Never known a girl who wasn’t Magitek until I left, but I’m not sure that has much to do with it. I just know that, yeah, I do like her.”

He saw her sit down and she looked uncomfortable. “You okay? I can lug all the boxes myself if you need me to. Skyla?”

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside (( So, basically, haggling? Got it. I’ll keep it in mind. >.> ))

Since Jenner was right in that Shi’ran didn’t have all the details the Therian just shrugged, basically just saying ‘You do whatever you need to do to find where these guys are’. For a moment further he remained silent, but then as Jenner began to work his magic he somewhat tilted his head, initially confused but then more just curious about the floating-eyeball wisps that appeared and flew off. The ‘messengers’, huh?

Pactmakers were weird.

When Jenner asked him about ‘compensation’, Shi’ran just nodded and calmly moved across to the flat top of the trunk. He had the pouch of valuables (both for the Pactmaker … and the scavengers) in one hand, still, and he vaguely remembered how much Hanze or whatever-his-name-was had determined was for either – so he went ahead with scooping out some of the contents and laying them out on the flat surface. A bunch of gemstones, jewels … most of the gold coins as well, in a nice, neat little pile. Jenner would probably know there were still plenty of gems and jewels left in the pouch.

Probably wouldn’t know Shi’ran had held back on one-or-two specifically designated for Pactmaker bartering, though.

“Well … that’s what I have that for bartering for services.” He explained, peering across at Jenner in the process. “I mean, I understand your services aren’t going to be cheap … but then neither are these things. Pretty sure if I dropped one of these in the street out here I’d start a-…”

He cut himself off. Maybe it was deliberate. Maybe he’d realised he probably shouldn’t get sidetracked.

“Well anyway, what do you say? Is this enough to trade for what I asked for?”

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin

Jenner eyes the pouch as items are removed from it, though he's obviously still distracted, presumably handling all the connections he probably has with the spirits that he sent out.

"That's enough to make it worth my while to get started on the process. It could well be enough to be able to see it all through. "

At that he helps himself to two of the gold coins and a gem.

" You see it all depends on how hard things prove to be and how much you want me to keep hunting for information. I used to always try and create elaborate agreements and agreed upon pricing, but not only can I not be sure while I'll find, I can almost be certain my client will ask more questions. "

He gives Shi'ran a large smile. "However this works in your favor my friend so long as finding the information isn't too difficult, you can put the rest towards your own expenses and simply say they were quite hard to find anything about."

He then seems to be distracted by a voice Shi'ran can't hear and his eyes mostly close as he concentrates. Shi'ran is left in silence for a few minutes wishing he could lip read, as Jenner seems to move his lips a little while, presumably, speaking telepathically.

Suddenly Jenner's eyes snap open and he excitedly claps his hands, making the rings along his arm jingle. "Aha! I think I've got them!" he says. However more specifically what he's got is a few more of the gold coins and jewels as he excitedly snatches them from the pile. 'It seems your folks haven't always left the best impressions on everyone. " He leans towards Shi'ran and whispers conspiratorially "Seems they bargained too harshly with a local merchant who was too desperate for some coin to tell them off. I'm getting some information on supplies they acquired and the direction they left town. "

He takes the rest of the coins in the pile "For the merchant you understand."

He then starts writing down a list of items. Many of them common things for going on an expedition like food and rope, but others obviously more specialized, specifically standing out in the list are the "Magitek hellcoal wagon and jackhammer set", and 24 "pactmaker portable glowballs." The volume of food and water seem to indicate that they're planning on being out there for maybe weeks.

As he finishes Jenner adds "They were rather tight lipped about what they were up to, but the wagon might have left some tracks, maybe some are still visible if, perhaps, and outcropping kept the dust from blowing them away or filling them in. Still, they likely were heading straight to their destination in the ruins, but, as the merchant explains it, that wagon doesn't do very well off of a reasonable smooth hard path, so you might be able to guess where they went, until you see some smoke from the magically enhanced coal, head some jackhammers, or find a hold in the ground or the side of some ruins. "

Jenner then adds. " The merchant indicates they didn't buy any weapons...but that's because they already had their own. But as you said you aren't looking to fight them right?"

But then he smiles some more. "You could pay some more and have me more properly scout things out for you. That would take making some pacts with more powerful spirits however. It would take the rest of your pile for that, and then you'd have to have some more for your own needs. But you're clearly a busy man who doesn't like wasting time and might appreciate a map of where they are and what they're up to. "

Jenner stare's at Shi'ran expectantly.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside

‘Enough to get started’. Shi’ran frowned semi-noticeably and, honestly? He’d have frowned more obviously had he not heard Jenner be openly more optimistic about what he had on offer. He shortly glanced away – just for a second, nothing more – to tell himself to shake off the disapproval and whatnot. He should’ve known by then that Jenner was going to make it more of a hassle than he thought it really needed to be.

Following that he turned back and watched the Pactmaker, listened as the man articulated his reasoning and activity and occasionally took bits and pieces of the arrangement of coins and gems Shi’ran had laid out. He nodded at a point and then found Jenner suddenly go silent; it left him confused, and he uttered some sort of a “Uh?” in gesture only to get no response.

When Jenner suddenly ‘snapped’ back to where they were Shi’ran jumped somewhat in surprise at the exclamation. What the hell had-…? No, he didn’t want to read too far into it; his startled demeanour settled down quickly and he fell back to listening to what the Pactmaker explained to him.

Their activities around town … what they’d bought … how they’d gotten there. A wagon? Shi’ran’s ears inadvertently pricked up as he began to learn of how to spot which direction they’d headed and where they might be. Even though Jenner was writing some of those down Shi’ran still made an effort to place them in memory so as to explain what he’d learned and found to Hanze and the others later on.

… What about a map? It was almost like Jenner was trying to fleece him for everything he had. Ugh. Well … did he need a map? He thought on it a little – visibly, too – and glanced down from the man to the trunk and the smaller amount of ‘barter’ he had left there. He closed his eyes for a second and then looked back up to the man. He looked back down, then back up a final time and then frowned and sighed slightly.

”… Okay, fine. A map would be useful.” He muttered, and opened his pouch of money up once more. Jenner was probably going to only be temporarily pleased as he’d go through what he had left, but he’d only take a few more coins and such out. He knew he could’ve used the whole bag right there, but he’d rather not have Hanze on his backside … alas. So he took the small couple of coins and gems and added those to the pile. ”But what’s there still needs to cover my personal stuff here as well. It doesn’t have to be a complicated map, just … just so long as it can point me in the general direction, since you already told me what to look out for.”

He was already pushing his luck; he could only go so far before his excuses wouldn’t work on Hanze.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Ranshiin

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Though I may try and see if I can help others get into action (@ELR @~Shobu~ ) , but we might have to decide if we want to solo through this to get you to a point where adding other players would make more sense, at which point we might want to just promptly reply to each other and lay down some RP that way.

IC:

Jenner rubs his chin for a while. "The trick is in the summonings to get the information to make the map, not in how much I put into my artistic skills, unless you pay extra for flourishes"

He absentmindedly picks at some of the rings in his flesh and then seems to come to a decision. He reaches down, flips two of the coins in the pile closer to Shi'ran, and then takes the entirety of the remainder of the pile.

"Here, let's get you taken care of. This should do it. I think you have enough information to work with if you have to, and time is a currency all it's own, and you don't know how much you have before some impatient friend yours interrupts your supply of it. Then we can see about what else I can do with you. "

He quickly raises a finger and adds

"Now, I could be cheaper, but you seem rather particular about the sort of spirit you're interested in. They have their wants and desires too. Those with more...perverse desires are often much more willing to make deals. Offering them more freedom and sometimes control over oneself can tempt a stronger one more easily as well. But I don't think that's what you're looking for. Also, to be perfectly clear, it'll be drawing on some of your energies. However I've got an eye for these things, and I think you have energies you haven't tapped into. We'll find out soon in the process that I'm right. "

(OOC: Remember those reserve points during character generation you couldn't use right away?)

He takes out some pen and paper, which already has some writing on it. "Anyway I know of some spirits that like to mentor and teach. Generally, at worst they can just be somewhat overbearing, nothing problematic. It will almost certainly want to spend some time learning itself though. I'll be writing that it gets two hours a day at it's own discretion restricted by your parameters on what's appropriate. Pretty standard. It gives you much latitude in what it can do, which could be important if you want to keep it a secret for a while by having it not materialize in public. However it's impossible to be proscribe effective teaching very well, so you'll want to keep it in your good graces. Also I'm not adding clauses requiring it to fight or otherwise help you, so you'll have to make it want you to stay alive. "

He then slides over the bench you'd been using as a table and slides over a different one. He places a crystal into a recession that fits it on the benches wooden surface and asks. "Are you ready to begin?"

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@sunnyside Sorry for HUGE delay.. You know the huge issue as to why I wasn't on but also work got steeper and then witchy people at church can't help so I have had to replace them in assisting with church issues. I am so tired that if there is misspellings or miss colors then sorry, hope you can read it. First time on here in.. I don't know how long, sorry..

@Cross Avantgarde The italic is in her head but she is projecting, leave up to you which parts Jasper hears and which he doesn't.
    Jasper asked her something, she had to focus, had to reply. "Think of it like this, if a Magitek could not tinker with anything at all, to create anything, would he or she be accepted as a being or would there be a false acceptance with fake smiles while in their minds they are debating-" Another wave. Was someone calling on a whole group of beings?

With an exhale, she continued. "While in their minds they debate what the flaws are, genetic malfunctions, whether or not they truly belonged in such settings." She prayed that made sense to him.

"My father loved my mother." Focus! "But because of ridicule, he walked away every time to save me and my mother shame from the village." Opening her eyes finally, she looked up into his concern face. "If you like her, does she like you? And if she does, is it worth the silent and open attacks from others?" She swallowed, the harshest her words have ever been, a tear slowly rolling down her face from everything going on.

"You two seem friendly, she seems to watch you from what I have noticed on the airship." Why, in such a place, would someone be summoning something? "Even if friends, that is wonderful, you can see the ease you two have together." Focus! Avoid! Several eyes around them began looking about oddly like if someone was speaking to them but Skyla did not notice.

And just like a waterfall stops, the tugging from all directions stopped. That means round two is about to begin. If I knew which direction I could walk out of its range.

"Let's go, please." Her voice was a low whisper. Standing up, she knew she avoided his last question, grabbed up all the packages and hurried off towards the stairs, an opening with slim to no people around.

They did not seem hostile or harmful, but who knew if they were deceptive. Then again, he had no room to speak of such things since deception was how his whole life had been lived with the tribe.

"Well, slowly, maybe even tranquilly, people will come visit." Pulling out Kershaw's concoction, Sam smiles. "A gift. Mix it in with your hot choice of drink and surprise."

He handed it over and winced at the extension of his body towards.. What was his name again? "I do not think I caught your name." He huffed out.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

@ELR : I understand if you can't reply. We all know my response came slowly enough. I hope you are well!

Knowing all too well what it was like to be seen as a failure among the Magitek, Jasper nodded as Skyla spoke. Despite a few great breakthroughs, his family had a stigma attached to its very name that was almost synonymous with great expectations…quickly followed by zero results. Yet he wasn’t sure how to answer the question about enduring ridicule for liking someone. The obvious answer seemed to be “Yes, of course you should go through ridicule to be with someone you love” but Jasper kept this firmly to himself as it sounded almost like Skyla had seen this predicament somewhere, sometime, for herself. The answer was surely not that easy.

As Skyla was mentioning Phoenix, Jasper seemed to hear her voice again, somewhere else, simultaneously while she was speaking. He shook his head, thoroughly confused. To his amazement, a few others around seemed to notice it, too. Suddenly, Skyla moved quickly for the stairs after asking to go. Was she feeling the strangeness he felt, too? Was she hearing what he heard? He followed her to the stairs, almost afraid he would lose her in the crowd.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information