AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Useless Anime Heros/Heroines

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Useless Anime Heros/Heroines

What hero or heroine do you consider completely useless? I have three.

Akira from Devilman Crybaby. After being possessed by demonic powers, Akira is transformed into Devilman. He uses his power to fight the demons who are bent on destroying humanity. But when it comes to the final battle against the series’ villain, Akira is a fail – big time. Thanks for nothing, Akira.

Ayano from Stigma of the Wind. Ayano is from a family of fire-users who use their powers to protect the innocent and fight evil. In a battle for the right to be the heir to the position of head of the family, Ayano defeats her older male cousin, Kazuma. Kazuma is immediately exiled. Years later, Kazuma returns as a wind-user. Supposedly inferior to fire-users, Kazuma easily defeats family members who attack him. As over the years, Kazuma has become a mighty warrior, you would think that the now teenaged Ayano would have developed into a super-mighty warrior. Well, you don’t know Ayano. She has grown into a beautiful, fearless, powerful – klutz. Yes, Ayano is a klutz who somehow manages not to kill herself getting out of bed in the morning. No wonder her father wants to hire Kazuma as her bodyguard – in the hopes that the cousins mate. Kazuma turns out to be a late bloomer, while future head-of-the-family Ayano seems to have gotten the family’s genetic dregs.

Tatsuki from Bleach. I actually like Tatsuki. She’s brave. She’s strong. She cares deeply about others. She practically disappears half way through season one. And despite an occasional appearance, she gets left out of practically everything. Initially Tatsuki was Orhime’s protector. But it is Orihime who becomes part of the fight against Hollows and other evils. Tatsuki? She needs a new agent.

Your turn. Don't just list. Explain why they are useless.

Feed your cat!

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Useless Anime Heros/Heroines

Click image for larger version

Name:	9s5xvtwxjku01.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	389.2 KB
ID:	86312

...Well, they can't all be winners...

Minetta from My Hero Academia. The only time he's been useful so far (Haven't started the new season) was when the villians attacked the USJ, and when he threw his balls at them, they didn't know what they were (they just stick - that's it) but the threat of them possibly being bombs or something made them run away. Other than that, useless.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In the new season, Minetta learns that making his balls different colors gives them power. The blue ones hurt the most.

OK. Just kidding.

Minetta does have his moments, but they are few and far between. Certainly he's the last of the academia heroes-in-training that I would call when my back is against the wall.

Feed your cat!

4. Thanks Takatofan1986 thanked for this post
    Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Kin gfrom One Punch man
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Correct the typo, please.

Actually, several of the heroes in One Punch Man are pretty useless.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

....I'm still upset about this, yet the jerk in me wants to make a horrible joke....

My Hero Academia spoiler, and a mean comment! :

Welp... Guess Miro is a useless hero now.... OH so is all might...

(Man I'm mean when I can't sleep...)

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    (Man I'm mean when I can't sleep...)

Feed your cat!

9. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've been watching Aria. I nominate the entire cast as useless.

Well, maybe not the cats.

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Getting back to useless heroes, just how useless is Ayano from Stigma of the Wind? From about 1:35 on:

Taking her little cousin hostage is really an embarrassment.

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Two more names to add, and both are from Dr. Stone. Taiju and Yuzuriha seem to have dropped out of sight after season one.

All together now, "Who?"

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This:

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Akira's big fail from Devilman Crybaby (BIG SPOILER):

Way to save the world, Akira. Thanks for nothing.

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Watching the latest episode of Demon Slayer on Adult Swim/Toonami, the question came to me, "Isn't Nezuko sort of useless?" After all, she rarely comes out of her box. We haven't seen her for the past several episodes.

Feed your cat!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Excel

SGT Frog

Pretty much everyone in Bobobo

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Speaking of MHA...........

Yuga Aoyama.............

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I bet Sgt. Frog would be great if you watched it stoned.

Feed your cat!

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Welcome to NHK

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Sato is pretty useless, but is he a hero? The main character, yes. But certainly no hero.

Feed your cat!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have a new entry for a useless hero. Well, she's actually the sidekick to the series hero, but when it comes down to the fight, she's pretty useless.

Zero from Magmel of the Sea Blue is a Lachter, just like Inyo. Actually she may be more powerful than Inyo. Only in the last three episodes, Zero is kidnapped by an old enemy who uses her as bait for Inyo. Zero ends up spending the last three episodes mostly crying while Inyo is getting the snot kicked out of him. She does get involved at the end, when Inyo calls out to her and inspires her to act. But up to that time, totally useless.

Zero doing what she does best.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 03-06-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Feed your cat!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information